+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Too good to be true (visa processing time reduced)??

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi all,
Firstly, it appears too good to be true but I just checked the visa processing times on the CIC website and the timeframe to process visas have diminished substantially. E.g. Skill visa for an Australian used to be 47 months and now it is 9 months. It is not just only for Australia but all other countries in general. Can somebody please confirm for me that my assumption is correct? It just seems unreal!

Secondly, does anyone know the reason for this?

Many thanks for your input.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp (Visa Processing Times)

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
The effect of post June 26 2010. 29 occupations list.

Applicants will need to submit all docs in one parcel.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
simonvee said:
Hi all,
Firstly, it appears too good to be true but I just checked the visa processing times on the CIC website and the timeframe to process visas have diminished substantially. E.g. Skill visa for an Australian used to be 47 months and now it is 9 months. It is not just only for Australia but all other countries in general. Can somebody please confirm for me that my assumption is correct? It just seems unreal!

Secondly, does anyone know the reason for this?

Many thanks for your input.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp (Visa Processing Times)
It is correct process time has been reduced, for example for an applicant from New Delhi, India from approx. 5-6 years to 10-12 months.
That was the one of the aim of Canada Immigration regulators. But there are many other factors which becomes obstacle to achieve their goal, for example, Buffalo, USA. It is a center which takes highest no. of months (or one of those centers which takes maximum no. of months) to process the case because of high volume.

In-short, CI is trying to reduce the processing time but everything depends to which center (VO) you are qualified to apply

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visa Office Processing Times IN MONTHS
(based on a complete application package)
Applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008 Applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Beijing - China 42 9
Colombo - Sri Lanka 57 11
Hong Kong - China 51 13
Islamabad - Pakistan 77 11
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia 44 10
Manila - Philippines 70 11
New Delhi - India 79 10
Seoul - South Korea 43 13
Singapore - Singapore 58 10
Sydney - Australia 47 9
Taipei - Taiwan 45 12
Tokyo - Japan 68 11

The above figures do not reveal the true picture rathter they conceal that processing timelines for pre-feb 2008 has increased to 79 months in case of Delhi. Current timeline for finalisation of pre-feb 2008 Delhi cases is 90 months. :mad:

So how are the processing time lines reduced.???

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Well said Right. also note that they have a new policy of faster immigration and the considerate slow pace of new application pouring in and the ceiling applied to Application per fiscal year.

N

NIRMAL

canada_dream100 said:
It is correct process time has been reduced, for example for an applicant from New Delhi, India from approx. 5-6 years to 10-12 months.
That was the one of the aim of Canada Immigration regulators. But there are many other factors which becomes obstacle to achieve their goal, for example, Buffalo, USA. It is a center which takes highest no. of months (or one of those centers which takes maximum no. of months) to process the case because of high volume.

In-short, CI is trying to reduce the processing time but everything depends to which center (VO) you are qualified to apply

CHC is making fools of not only innocent people but also to its parliament and auditing agencies by giving false figures of reduction in time lines. i am surprised how these agencies are beleaving these figures when the facts are far away? the fact is that cic has dumped the old pre fab applcants and started taking new applications under the said fast track system and processing these applications in one year time. But what about all those applicatons who are waiting for 86 months? we will never see such type of injustice being meted out to thousands of applicats anywhere in the world not even a last country in the list third world counties.They are not even replying to applicants in a clear way in letting them know when they will get PR. very shame ful

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi Nirmal,

Where did you get this iinformation from?

So you are saying that there are visa applications PRIOR TO FEB of 2008 that has been thrown out of the 'statistics' correct? Thus, the average waiting time is not 79 months but OVER 79 months. Is this correct? However, how do you explain the processing time between 2008 and 2010? Surely, it is decreased. In what significant ways could they 'unfairly misrepresented' data between 2008 and 2010? 79+ months and 10 months, that is a huge gap.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/skilled_workers-travailleurs_qualifies.aspx?lang=eng
Type of application - Average Processing Time
Economic Class Processing Times
Federal Skilled Workers who applied on or after 28 February 2008
Time to Finalization within 10 months

Federal Skilled Workers who applied before 28 February 2008
Time to Finalization 90 months

Currently Reviewing Applications Received December 2003
Currently Finalizing Applications Received July 2003

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Let me explain.
In Sept 2003 CIC introduced an immigration policy requring 67 points.
The applicants (now referred to as pre-feb 2008 applicants)who applied since then were not even processed by Delhi when new post-feb 2008 39 category fast track was introduced. In June 26 2010 most current fast track 29 category was introduced.

So ineffect there are three parallel queues running simultaneously for FSW visas.

The Pre-feb 2008 applicants were given waiting times of 33 months and which kept increasing year after year without their cases being finalised. So much so today CIC claim 79 months for pre-feb 2008 applicants. That is wrong again. How? See the link above and the timelines for pre-feb 2008 and post-feb 2008 Delhi applicants.

Delhi like other visa office have limited FSW quota. Say between 10,000 - 15,000 per year. Before pre-feb 2008 39 category was introduced this entire quota went to those who applied after Sept 2003 and before Feb 2008. When new fast track was introduced this visa quota remained the same and instead of clearing on first come first serve basis CIC cleared fast track first while pre-feb 2008 applicants have been waiting for more than 85 months and counting. At present Delhi says 90 months to finalise. What will happen is when 90 months is reached Delhi will again increase timelines to say 100+ months.

However, how do you explain the processing time between 2008 and 2010? Surely, it is decreased.
Let me explain this.
So how did CIC claim to reduce timelines of processing? By simple arithmatic reducing time lines would have meant that those waiting longest and who were first in the queue get processed first ie instead of 79 months Delhi would have finalsised cases in say 70 months. It is like robbing pre-feb 2008 applcant Paul's turn in queue to give post-feb 2008 applicant Peter the visa out-of-turn. Did you know that Delhi is processing Dec 2003 applicants since last two years and have still not finished with Dec 2003 ie single month applicants.

I hope now you understand how statistic quoted on the first link are concleaing more that revealing the true picure. 90 months for pre-feb 2008 against 10 months of post feb 2008 of processing times .... where is the justice??? But then as someone said life is not fair and neither is CIC.

The title of this thread rightly suggests that reduction in processing timelines is too good to be true, infact it is not true.

Mrs K

Jul 11, 2009
Yes, 90 months to finalise for old applicants and compare it with just 10 months for fast track as per the Delhi website :mad: and that is a shame. :(

Mrs K

Jul 11, 2009
NIRMAL said:
CHC is making fools of not only innocent people but also to its parliament and auditing agencies by giving false figures of reduction in time lines. i am surprised how these agencies are beleaving these figures when the facts are far away? the fact is that cic has dumped the old pre fab applcants and started taking new applications under the said fast track system and processing these applications in one year time. But what about all those applicatons who are waiting for 86 months? we will never see such type of injustice being meted out to thousands of applicats anywhere in the world not even a last country in the list third world counties.They are not even replying to applicants in a clear way in letting them know when they will get PR. very shame ful
Well written, this is the actual scenario of processing timelines and not what they claim on their website regarding reduction in processing timelines.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mrs K said:
Yes, 90 months to finalise for old applicants and compare it with just 10 months for fast track as per the Delhi website :mad: and that is a shame. :(
[/quo

I totally agree with Mrs K. These old applicants are unfairly treated which is not good. Sometimes for those who applied in between 2008 and 2010, they said files are treated they in order that they were received. It is not true. I applied before one of my friends and because she was admitted in a university in Canada , her application was treated before mine. So they say different things and do completely different actions. They just play with our minds. We have nothing to do, than just waiting.

The old applicants are suffering while new applicants are enjoying.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Guys. Old rules had no restriction on noc and anyone can apply if qualifies 67 points. However although new rules are so claimed to be faster but cic has restricted applications to only handfull of noc categories. This way many prospective immigrants have been disqualified. So at least old category has an edge that it was open to all categorIes and many benefitted with that. Plus immigrqtion is always being a tiredsome process so we all need to focus on tqrget instead of getting frustrated by process milestones. I am a fast track applicant who applied in March 2009 ans was through with meds in aug 2009. Since then cic is quite. My meds r alao expired over six months ago but i am still standing and very hopeful tht my day will alao come. Also note tht my fellows got their visas long long ago but i m holding. So guys we need to cheer up and hold our horses till we get signal.

N

NIRMAL

Pk09 said:
Guys. Old rules had no restriction on noc and anyone can apply if qualifies 67 points. However although new rules are so claimed to be faster but cic has restricted applications to only handfull of noc categories. This way many prospective immigrants have been disqualified. So at least old category has an edge that it was open to all categorIes and many benefitted with that. Plus immigrqtion is always being a tiredsome process so we all need to focus on tqrget instead of getting frustrated by process milestones. I am a fast track applicant who applied in March 2009 ans was through with meds in aug 2009. Since then cic is quite. My meds r alao expired over six months ago but i am still standing and very hopeful tht my day will alao come. Also note tht my fellows got their visas long long ago but i m holding. So guys we need to cheer up and hold our horses till we get signal.

In 2004 when we applied ,we were told that they are taking 33 months to process the files and see day have come when we are in the 84th months.what a injustice. and even we are not clear today when the D day will arrive.my dear friend you have applied only 16 months back and we 86 months back. see the diffence. suppose you still not hear for further two years ,then see how much pain and agony you will feeel,only you and we know.it is very easy to suggest some one suffering to be patience and wait but the question is how much. after all there is some limits to be impatience beyond which it is certain that it starts breaking and the same situation is with 2004 applications. they have started breaking now due to uncertain future and wastage of proper planning for the last seven years. Any how I wish you a very happy going and early decesion on your application.