+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To BC folks - Information about Vancouver and its suburbs.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Could someone familiar with Vancouver, be kind enough to share some details.

1. What are the "better" suburbs in Vancouver for raising a family ?

2. Which areas to avoid ? I have heard that East Vancouver, according to Lonely Planet, should be avoided.

3. Is there one particular area where most high-tech companies are concentrated ?

4. How does Victoria area compare to Vancouver in terms of jobs and neighborhood ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

OrangeCounty

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
OrangeCounty said:
Hello All,

Could someone familiar with Vancouver, be kind enough to share some details.

1. What are the "better" suburbs in Vancouver for raising a family ?

2. Which areas to avoid ? I have heard that East Vancouver, according to Lonely Planet, should be avoided.

3. Is there one particular area where most high-tech companies are concentrated ?

4. How does Victoria area compare to Vancouver in terms of jobs and neighborhood ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

OrangeCounty
1,The City of Vancouver West of Main Street,The Suburb cities of North Vancouver,West Vancouver,Richmond,Coquitlam,Port Moody,SOUTH Surrey and Select parts of Burnaby 2,East Vancouver Largest Outdoor drug market in Canada and Poorest postal code in Canada,North Surrey specifically Whalley 3 No 4 Very Boring and Quiet not as Multicultural Jobs are mostly in goverment and Tourism unless you are British You will love it,English teas and very British Food,I went to a seafood buffet there and had deep fried fish,Deep fried scallops,Deep Fried Crab and Deep fried shrimps with plenty of Fries,Boiled Carrots and Peas,Brussel sprouts with pudding Yum Yum to a Brit I guess But not for me

maymb

Nov 26, 2008
Hi Orange County
There are many sites and blogs that you can find useful info about Vancouver. I suggest you visit the following forum:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/van-immi/
and read the old postings about areas and suburbs of Vancouver. There used to a hot discussion in this forum about vancouver areas. I also suggest to visit http://www.vancouver.hm/ ; you will find interesting info about this city.

RGDS
maymb