+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
Hello,
I have applied online for a BOWP in February. Does anybody know if I can upload an additional document? Or if there is any other way to send an additional doc to CIC?

Thank you!!!

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
No I don't think so you can upload any additional document after submitting your application.
I applied in Jan month & after going through this forum wanted to submit explanation letter as few fellow seniors did & I didn't submit any explanation letter in my online application.
Wait for CIC to check your application, if they have any doubt they would be contacting you.

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
If you want to send an explaination letter, U can send it to the CPC-Ottawa mail address with subject line your application number.
Cheers!!

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have two question If someone has confirmed information regarding these please advise.

Q1: As we are applying online do we need to send the payment receipt to CIC as its mentioning in bottom of the receipt we need to send ?
Q2: I received a confirmation e-mail and read below my confirmation e-mail is it your e-mail is same ?
When will CIC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If CIC needs your physical
passport, CIC will request that you submit it to our office. CIC will also contact you if we require additional information,
documents or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit
or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide
associated with the application form you used.

Or its just a me they are saying about my passport ?

Please advise. Thanks

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
cecpet said:
Hello Guys,

I have two question If someone has confirmed information regarding these please advise.

Q1: As we are applying online do we need to send the payment receipt to CIC as its mentioning in bottom of the receipt we need to send ?
Q2: I received a confirmation e-mail and read below my confirmation e-mail is it your e-mail is same ?
When will CIC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If CIC needs your physical
passport, CIC will request that you submit it to our office. CIC will also contact you if we require additional information,
documents or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit
or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide
associated with the application form you used.

Or its just a me they are saying about my passport ?

Please advise. Thanks
1. BOWP online payment - no need to send the receipt.
2.For BOWP ,CIC will not request your passport. Keep checking your myCIC account for status update. After WP is approved, you will receive the physical copy in the mail to the mailing address you provided.

Hope this helps.

shek1lla

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-14-2014
Doc's Request.
March. 31.2016
AOR Received.
19-Feb -2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront 16.March.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rohangk said:
Since we are applying on line, is there any where a place where i will write down AOR number???
-- Mention in Explanation letter and inclode AOR email (Letter + AOR email + etc must be a single pdf/doc).

What should i put in Family member proof of status! Since i am the main applicant i am little confused, should i put wife, and kids permits?Huh or....
-- Yes.

Digital photos, just mine or all of us?
If i need to provide of all, how should i select more then one???

-- I think currently you can upload only one jpg file, so i guess just yours.

since i dont have written job offer, but i am employed , and i want to apply for OWP what should i check Huh i have marked ( An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer )Huh and should i check this as well for wife since she was on closed work pemit, she had an LMO?
--For both it can be -'An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer'
and in Employer name/addr for PR main applicant(You) you can wrote Bridging Open Work Permit- Not Applicable.
For your wife you can write 'Spouse of Main PR Applicant-Not Applicable' OR 'Spouse of BOWP applicant - Not Applicable'. For my wife's appln i wrote 'Spouse of BOWP applicant - Not Applicable '

and now do i have to fill in her form date from her employer since we want for her as well OWP???
--Nothing is required from existing employer
Good job buddy! You've got a plus from me!

Thanks

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Toronto2013 said:
1. BOWP online payment - no need to send the receipt.
2.For BOWP ,CIC will not request your passport. Keep checking your myCIC account for status update. After WP is approved, you will receive the physical copy in the mail to the mailing address you provided.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Toronto, But you did nt understand my last question, I was asking about the confirmation e-mail which came automatically after one day when you applied. So I was asking in that e-mail did they mention about the passport that we need your passport copy in future ?? why they said this as I already provided one.

Rainy

Dec 16, 2014
Hi guys,
How much for the open work permit holder fee? I apply my bowp ang also help my spouse to apply too. When I finish my on eligible questions, there are 2*$155 =310 for the work permit fee, and1*$100=100 for the open work permit holder fee. Why there is just one open work permit holder fee for us, should I pay for two open work permit holder fees for my spouse and I? Or just one is fine?

Thank you very much

niru2006

Sep 26, 2013
Rainy said:
Hi guys,
How much for the open work permit holder fee? I apply my bowp ang also help my spouse to apply too. When I finish my on eligible questions, there are 2*$155 =310 for the work permit fee, and1*$100=100 for the open work permit holder fee. Why there is just one open work permit holder fee for us, should I pay for two open work permit holder fees for my spouse and I? Or just one is fine?

Thank you very much
I also have the same question. From the CIC notice on February 9, 2015 for fee changes it's looks like there should be $100 fess for each Open Work permit application. But while applying online for me (BOWP) and my spouse(OWP) there is only one open work permit holder fee ($100). Shall we do $100 over payment to avoid return/rejection of the application ?
CIC Guide 5487 has below details for over/under payment of fees

Payment issue – Overpayment

CIC will:
start processing your application, and
send you a refund.
Note: You do not have to request a refund, it will be done automatically.

Payment issue – Insufficient fees included

CIC will return your application and inform you of how much to pay.
Note: Processing of your application will only begin once you return your application with the correct fees.

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016
Hi all, I have a few questions.

1. Questionnaire on BOWP online:

"Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" What do i answer to this? - I received my AOR.

2. Do we need to upload Schedule 1? It actually says Required when I click Upload Doc
3. Any tips on taking picture? Do we need it to be professionally taken or homemade quality is ok?

Thanks

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
For Point 1 : yes if you have received AOR.
Point 2: No idea, seniors can answers, for me it didn't come.
Point 3: I took photo from my Samsung S3 & resized as per the requirement. My BOWP got approved last week.

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
Dear Friends,

I need help Seniors. As, i am going to apply my BOWP ONLINE. I am confused with a number of questions. I am putting those question, PLEASE help me. I would really appreciate it. My questions are below:

1.Where is Document no. on work permit, is it a 10 digint no(U94........) ?

2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.

3. In Section, Details of Intend Work In Canada, should i leave question 2-7 blank. would i able to validate my form with it?

4. Should i need to print and Sign IMM5710E AND Schedule A Background/declaration form because as they say there will a option for electronic signature.

5. what kind of explanation letter should i make for ITINERARY i mean a format and what details should i put ?

6. For explanation Letter upload section, Should i attach a copy of my AOR or just write a cover letter and put all details in that.

I would extremely thankful to your input.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
dangerjas said:
Dear Friends,

I need help Seniors. As, i am going to apply my BOWP ONLINE. I am confused with a number of questions. I am putting those question, PLEASE help me. I would really appreciate it. My questions are below:

1.Where is Document no. on work permit, is it a 10 digint no(U94........) ?
That's the one.

2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.
Write the additional information on either a copy of IMM5710, or by using a spreadsheet and attach it to your application as a PDF. If you make your own spreadsheet, make sure to include your name, UCI etc.

3. In Section, Details of Intend Work In Canada, should i leave question 2-7 blank. would i able to validate my form with it?
If you have completed the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire correctly, then these will not be required fields, and therefore you can leave them blank. In any case, writing 'N/A Bridging Open Work Permit' is sufficient.

4. Should i need to print and Sign IMM5710E AND Schedule A Background/declaration form because as they say there will a option for electronic signature.
You do not need to print and sign them.

5. what kind of explanation letter should i make for ITINERARY i mean a format and what details should i put ?
This document seems to be a recent addition to the BOWP application and no one really seems to understand why. Most people note the last time they entered Canada and the visa number. Some note any current travel plans they may have. It doesn't seem to be something to be too concerned about.

6. For explanation Letter upload section, Should i attach a copy of my AOR or just write a cover letter and put all details in that.
It doesn't matter too much. My recommendation would be to write a brief letter of explanation to state that you are applying for a BOWP and that provides your personal info, including the AOR info.

I would extremely thankful to your input.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
I had the same doubt when applying BOWP for myself and OWP for my wife. I went forward and paid the amount asked online which is around 410 for 2 applicants.. Had to wait and see whats going to happen

niru2006 said:
I also have the same question. From the CIC notice on February 9, 2015 for fee changes it's looks like there should be $100 fess for each Open Work permit application. But while applying online for me (BOWP) and my spouse(OWP) there is only one open work permit holder fee ($100). Shall we do $100 over payment to avoid return/rejection of the application ?
CIC Guide 5487 has below details for over/under payment of fees

Payment issue – Overpayment

CIC will:
start processing your application, and
send you a refund.
Note: You do not have to request a refund, it will be done automatically.

Payment issue – Insufficient fees included

CIC will return your application and inform you of how much to pay.
Note: Processing of your application will only begin once you return your application with the correct fees.