06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Bold9900

Yes I can share my timeline. Application filed in May, package returned saying I hadn't filled out all the forms or they weren't current (chain letter). I checked and it looked like some lazy slob didn't open up all the documents.

after 3 days of checking refiled the package in order of the checklist and sent it off beging of june.

July 5 recived and email confirming my application - gave me a UIC and file number.
One thing I can't figure out on these forums is how people calculate wait times.

I have seen the average wait time from Vietnam to be about 7-12 months but when did they start the count? when they mailed the package?

When they got the confirmation email/letter like i just did?

Or when it is sent off to singapore?

I don't expect my application to run into any major issues.

I work for the federal government and have a high level security check done on me already (but then I'd have to expect CIC is acutally on their game).

I have a stable life (job, house, work) etc

Both of us have never been married before etc.

Our families have known eachother for years and I speak almost fluent vietnamese

How is your timeline going?

I suspect that I will not need an interview but if one is required I will send my wife to Singapore to do it and get it done faster as I have a very good friend that lives there and can help take her to the appointment. etc.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
firstladyking said:
I use Skype and my hubby calls me from Jamaica because their long distance plans are so much cheaper than ours. He connects with me during work hours at least 1-2 hours, then he stays on the phone with me while I commute to and from work. Then we're on Skype all night long and all week-end long. Skype is AMAZING, in this day and age a long distance relationship could not thrive without it. The ability to see each other and talk is so cool. Yahoo Messenger also has a talk and see option as well and does exactly the same thing. The gmail thing works well too and my hubby uses that more when he's in the US and wants to connect with me.

GOD BLESS YOU
Another thing we do is we sign up for airline sales and if the price is right we just go for it, even if it's a long week-end we get spend together we do it and don't think twice about it. That combined with the other things I mentioned in my earlier post have kept us going strong since we met which will be three years come this August.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
firstladyking said:
Another thing we do is we sign up for airline sales and if the price is right we just go for it, even if it's a long week-end we get spend together we do it and don't think twice about it. That combined with the other things I mentioned in my earlier post have kept us going strong since we met which will be three years come this August.
I wish I had that option .. to fly out ever now and again to see my wife .. unfortunately that is not possible :(

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
RCVmini,

Here is my timeline:

- Send my application by Canada Post on August 8, 2011
- CPC-Mississaga recevied application August 9, 2011
- File transfer to Singapore November 7, 2011

I think the processing time starts on November 7, 2011 when Singapore received my wife's PR application.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Bold9900 said:
Hello RCVmini,

I'm also sponsoring my wife from Vietnam, we use SKYPE, Facetime,Teamviewer, Dropbox, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and MSN. I find all those method works very well for us.

Can you share your timeline?

Thanks,
Sure my timeline is application send end of may to CPC Mississauga. Recived 30 May according to ECAS.

Got the AOR? (email saying they had my application and gave me a UIC and file number) on July 05 2012.

Got "decision made" on E CAS with medical recived on July 10 2012.

Now I am waiting to hear if it has gone to Singapore VO office. Not sure what the wait time is there yet but a few people I know that did this process recently (last year or so) took them about 9 months total.