+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timing of Submission of Passport for Cananda immigration visa

Apr 16, 2011
Dears,

I am new to this forum. It vud b great if some one can help me out in getting the information of submission of passport.

I wish to file application for canada immigration visa in June'2011.

I do have valid visa on my passport and I might need to travel after June'2011 so pls let me know shall I submit my passport in June'2011 along with my application

I am scared becoz I heard it takes 6-12 months process.

Thanks in advance

- Chalamalasetti

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
chalamalasetti said:
Dears,

I am new to this forum. It vud b great if some one can help me out in getting the information of submission of passport.

I wish to file application for canada immigration visa in June'2011.

I do have valid visa on my passport and I might need to travel after June'2011 so pls let me know shall I submit my passport in June'2011 along with my application

I am scared becoz I heard it takes 6-12 months process.

Thanks in advance

- Chalamalasetti
if you're just beginning the application process, you don't need to send the passport

it would be better if you go through the basics of the process before you ask specific questions ... following links should help:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36571.0.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks Danhass for giving the useful link...

Now I understood from the link, that passport vud be submitted in Stage-3. and entire process takes 6-12 months.

Could you pls tell me roughly how much time it takes to complete Stage-1 & 2 or time between (submission of iniital application & passport)..

- Chalamalasetti

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
No one can be certain about the times, from application to medicals, it can take about 8-10 months and than further 3-4 months before you receive request to submit passports,.