+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for a citizenship judge hearing (Ontario)

A

amirchov

Hi All,

Wanted to see if anyone has experience regarding the time it takes to get a hearing with a judge after submitting the RQ (Residence Questionnaire)...
It's been almost a year since I submitted all the paper work and have not yet heard from CIC. According to the RQ document, the delay could extend up to 18 months - did anyone get a hearing sooner than that?

Thanks!

A

amirchov

Can anyone share his experience with the St. Clair office for seeing a Citizenship judge? How long it took?

holySinner

Nov 16, 2011
amirchov; I am also waiting for their reply. For me its been four months, long way to go. I understand for you its already over 12 months; but do keep us posted. It will help many others.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
amirchov,

Why do you think you might have been given an RQ ? Any suggestions/theories or ideas ? What about holysinner ? Thanks,

A

amirchov

chingbow said:
Hi~ how is ur interview? what kind doucments u hv to bring?

thx
Sorry for not replying sooner... busy holidays :)
The interview was relatively short. What they did is go over my passports and match the list of absences I have declared (either through the online form, or on the application itself). They go one by one. Since I used Nexus to travel to the USA on business, there were missing stamps to match to my trips (Nexus uses iris scan without any stamp in passport). In this case, they had no other choice but give me the RQ in order to verify that I have strong ties to Canada.

Good luck with your interview!

A

amirchov

holySinner said:
amirchov; I am also waiting for their reply. For me its been four months, long way to go. I understand for you its already over 12 months; but do keep us posted. It will help many others.
Absolutely - will definitely keep you posted :) good luck with your application!

A

amirchov

us2yow said:
amirchov,

Why do you think you might have been given an RQ ? Any suggestions/theories or ideas ? What about holysinner ? Thanks,
Hi us2yow, see my above response to chingbow. I think that if I had my bank statements, tax reports, Rogers bills etc at hand - it <b>might</b> have helped my case, but I believe the tendency is where is doubt, they send it to a judge and refrain from making decisions themselves on the spot.

holySinner

Nov 16, 2011
in my case; I believe my frequent visits back home may have triggered the officer to give me RQ. On top of that, few of my visits were long and there was one visit which was for over 180 days. Second for some time I have been unemployed which raised the obvious question of how you are supporting yourself.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
holysinner,

Would you mind if I inquired how frequently you were gone. This was to get a sense of total numbers of trips.

In the last 5 years how many total number of trips did you undertake ? - 10+, 15+, 20+. Never mind the number of days since we know it should be within certain limit. But would be useful if you gave a sense of total number of trips and if some of them were extra long ? Much appreciate your inputs..

Thanks !

holySinner

Nov 16, 2011
sure; during four years preceding to date of application I had around four trips; first for around 180 days, second 30 days, third 70 days and fourth one was a short one.

i hope it would help.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Great ! very useful holysinner. Good Luck !

Would any others who posted here and were given an RQ like to share (i) how many trips they tool in last 4 years prior to citznshp application; (ii) and how many days they were gone overall ? .

Thanks much in advance !

A

amirchov

us2yow said:
Great ! very useful holysinner. Good Luck !

Would any others who posted here and were given an RQ like to share (i) how many trips they tool in last 4 years prior to citznshp application; (ii) and how many days they were gone overall ? .

Thanks much in advance !
I did about 30 trips (mostly business) in 4 years. That's a lot :) So I can't blame the CIC officer for asking me to prove ties to Canada.