+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
1,5 years. But I know a girl who is waiting for 7 years.
And basically I know few unlucky claimants that are waiting for several years .... thanx god I got my NOD very quickly, got RTD and was able to travel. Otherwise I would already be in a mental hospital :D
Yes you are lucky I got my hearing after 6 years. And now I am waiting for PR. After about 23 months nothing.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yes you are lucky I got my hearing after 6 years. And now I am waiting for PR. After about 23 months nothing.
Ohh my God! That's a very long time! This forum has thought me something: "Never complain because there is someone somewhere who is in a very worse situation compared to mine!" I consider myself the luckiest! Waited for 3 months and I got a call from my lawyer that my hearing was in 2 months! Meanwhile, I have a friend who did not even get a hearing: As we were waiting, she received IRB notice that she was accepted, no hearing!

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Ohh my God! That's a very long time! This forum has thought me something: "Never complain because there is someone somewhere who is in a very worse situation compared to mine!" I consider myself the luckiest! Waited for 3 months and I got a call from my lawyer that my hearing was in 2 months! Meanwhile, I have a friend who did not even get a hearing: As we were waiting, she received IRB notice that she was accepted, no hearing!
Your friend is luckiest person. Believe me I have a very tough time waiting for hearing. And you are also very lucky.

Reactions: Yessam07