Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
People applying for a study permit need to demonstrate that they intend to leave Canada by the end of their authorised period of stay, right? One's home country and Canada are not the only 2 countries in the world. Why can an applicant not simply demonstrate ties to some country other than Canada irrespective of whether it's the candidate's home country or not?

If your home country is Japan and you have strong ties to say, Australia or some other country (just for example), shouldn't it be sufficient to show that you will return to either Japan or Australia after your studies are done in Canada? It's all about leaving Canada, right? Where we go after leaving Canada shouldn't be their concern.

Reactions: Shiv223

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
As it is mentioned on the CIC website, the candidate should be willing to leave Canada. No such thing regarding returning to home country is mentioned.

However, VO usually thinks that if a person is already living in country other than his home country then it is most probable that he may not leave Canada after he finishes his education. That is why ties with home is shown just to make VO believe that you will return to home.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why do they always talk about "not leaving the country", they can just give 3 year study visa, then dont extend it if the person cannot support himself in financial or other factors.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
That's how law-abiding people like us think, dude. The rest have other plans ;D

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
Inam89 said:
As it is mentioned on the CIC website, the candidate should be willing to leave Canada. No such thing regarding returning to home country is mentioned.

However, VO usually thinks that if a person is already living in country other than his home country then it is most probable that he may not leave Canada after he finishes his education. That is why ties with home is shown just to make VO believe that you will return to home.
Lol... how many countries can a person immigrate to exactly? It's not like we are "professional immigrants" or anything, spending all our lives immigrating to several countries. We have a life to live. Immigrating to one country itself is difficult. If Canada was so attractive to everyone in the world, maybe they wouldn't have a population of just 33 million.

What irks me is, Canada has a fairly lineant immigration system for international students. If you want students to immigrate, why make them prove otherwise before they enter Canada? That's just stupid.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
world.citizen said:
Lol... how many countries can a person immigrate to exactly? It's not like we are "professional immigrants" or anything, spending all our lives immigrating to several countries. We have a life to live. Immigrating to one country itself is difficult. If Canada was so attractive to everyone in the world, maybe they wouldn't have a population of just 33 million.

What irks me is, Canada has a fairly lineant immigration system for international students. If you want students to immigrate, why make them prove otherwise before they enter Canada? That's just stupid.
I too don't get this point that they want the student to stay in Canada and get PR when the student get their degree but in the initial stage (student visa application) they want the same student to show home ties. This is a clear contradiction but this how things are working right now :D

ss789

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
The ties to your home country is very easy do..

All you need to do is: attain an offer of employment upon completion of your degree/diploma from any company (no matter how small, just make sure the position matches your program).. you're good to go. This is what I have done, you can tell the company that you won't actually avail the offer & it is just for visa purposes.. in a country like Pakistan, this is very very easy to get.

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
Salam

FOLLOWING ARE THE TIE

UR FAMILY (MOTHER FATHER, BROTHER, WIFE, CHILDEREN) FRC REQUIRED
UR PROPERTY IF UR PARENTS PROPERTY
UR JOB
IF UR MEMBER OF ANY SOCIAL ORGANIZATION (NOT POLITICALS)
IF ANY OLD ONE LIVE IN UR HOME SUCH AS UR GRANDFATER AND GRAND MOTHER WHO REQUIRE MEDICL CARE.

Honestly, Canada does not want to push back international students to other countries. These students works as the blood in it economy and also get education to get the PR, these policies lead to boost it economy.

According to IMF, WPHO (Canada is 2nd largest member of WPHO), policy is that every stable and rich country is responsible to provide quality education to the poor country and responsible to update theses students to work effectively in their home country. Now Canada just only follow IMF AND WPHO policy and on the other hand he improve it economy. That is the real game.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
ss789 said:
The ties to your home country is very easy do..

All you need to do is: attain an offer of employment upon completion of your degree/diploma from any company (no matter how small, just make sure the position matches your program).. you're good to go. This is what I have done, you can tell the company that you won't actually avail the offer & it is just for visa purposes.. in a country like Pakistan, this is very very easy to get.
How do I do that?
Can you give an example what should be written in that letter?

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
Your level of establishment in your country = your so called tie.

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AKIF MOIN said:
Salam

FOLLOWING ARE THE TIE

UR FAMILY (MOTHER FATHER, BROTHER, WIFE, CHILDEREN) FRC REQUIRED - NOT AGREE, IF SOMEONE IS ORPHAN IT DOES NOT MEAN HE WILL NOT GET VISA ON THE GROUND OF U WILL NOT COME BACK
UR PROPERTY IF UR PARENTS PROPERTY - EVEN MILLIONER TESTED THE REJECTION TEST BEFORE.
UR JOB- IF SOMEONE IS FRESH GRADUATE THEN???
IF ANY OLD ONE LIVE IN UR HOME SUCH AS UR GRANDFATER AND GRAND MOTHER WHO REQUIRE MEDICL CARE.- THEN WHY R U LEAVING ALONE NOW? THAT QUESTION MIGHT COME IN THE MIND OF V.0

IN MY OPINION TIE= ABOVE AVERAGE ACADEMICS + ADMISSION IN UNIVERSITIES BY GIVING EXAM LIKE GMAT,GRE ETC
WORK EXPERIENCE IF ANY AFTER GRADUATION.

THESE THINGS ARE ENOUGH TO SECURE VISA.

Honestly, Canada does not want to push back international students to other countries. These students works as the blood in it economy and also get education to get the PR, these policies lead to boost it economy.

According to IMF, WPHO (Canada is 2nd largest member of WPHO), policy is that every stable and rich country is responsible to provide quality education to the poor country and responsible to update theses students to work effectively in their home country. Now Canada just only follow IMF AND WPHO policy and on the other hand he improve it economy. That is the real game.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
'(THE ROCK)' has a point. The Canadian study permit is based on somebody else's "feelings". You just need to get lucky, I guess.

For example, if one has prior education from a foreign country, it could be viewed as "oh, this person went abroad, completed his/her studies and came back... that's a great proof of ties to home country". Some other VO might view it as "this person already has education from a foreign country, why is he/she going again? I don't think this person likes his/her home country too much". It's all subjective.

Also, if your PR is being processed and you apply for a study permit, they can't refuse it based on your PR being processed since study permits are of dual intent. So, basically when they refuse your study permit citing reason that they think you won't return to your home country after your period of authorised stay, I think they're implying that you'll overstay there illegally or something. That's gotta be it, right? This is some f*ked up shit right here.

Reactions: Shiv223

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
world.citizen said:
'(THE ROCK)' has a point. The Canadian study permit is based on somebody else's "feelings". You just need to get lucky, I guess.

For example, if one has prior education from a foreign country, it could be viewed as "oh, this person went abroad, completed his/her studies and came back... that's a great proof of ties to home country". Some other VO might view it as "this person already has education from a foreign country, why is he/she going again? I don't think this person likes his/her home country too much". It's all subjective.

Also, if your PR is being processed and you apply for a study permit, they can't refuse it based on your PR being processed since study permits are of dual intent. So, basically when they refuse your study permit citing reason that they think you won't return to your home country after your period of authorised stay, I think they're implying that you'll overstay there illegally or something. That's gotta be it, right? This is some f*ked up *censored word* right here.
I didn't say you need a luck to obtain canadian study permit.

In the forum there are many cases who's relatives lives in canada and they obtained study permit.
Also you just explore the forum even you will find that student who applied to out of their home country they also secured visa.

There is one interesting case you may like to search in the forum. there were 2 sponser of the student.
one was his uncle from his home country and second one was from USA and he successfully secured visa.

I am sure that if one's proposed course in canada is enough strong then these studymismatch and hometie has nothing to do.

V.O pays heavy attention on course you are going to study.

HHH

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
world.citizen said:

Also, if your PR is being processed and you apply for a study permit, they can't refuse it based on your PR being processed since study permits are of dual intent. So, basically when they refuse your study permit citing reason that they think you won't return to your home country after your period of authorised stay, I think they're implying that you'll overstay there illegally or something. That's gotta be it, right? This is some f*ked up *censored word* right here.
HI,
I agree with your illegal immigrant word.
V.O. sees south asian people as potential immigrant and thats why they will comapare your profile weather it fits to genuine student's profile or potential immigrant's profile.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
WS,
Akif. I have little point here regarding FRC(Family registration certificate). My question is that if you are single, can you still present the FRC or it is just for married persons?

please comment on this.

Regards,
AKIF MOIN said:
Salam

FOLLOWING ARE THE TIE

UR FAMILY (MOTHER FATHER, BROTHER, WIFE, CHILDEREN) FRC REQUIRED
UR PROPERTY IF UR PARENTS PROPERTY
UR JOB
IF ANY OLD ONE LIVE IN UR HOME SUCH AS UR GRANDFATER AND GRAND MOTHER WHO REQUIRE MEDICL CARE.