+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

thread from Dominican Republic

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
Hi All, i was wondering if anyone is using the visa office in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and what is their timeframe like?

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
I filed my application for my spouse outland in Canada and was approved in September. Prior to my applicaton, I was told the processing time would be 6 month; after filing we were told the process will take 9-18 months. The medical will expire this month, and i was told, because the Santo Domingo office is new, they don't have enough data to determine timeframe. There are folks who have passed their 6months, 9 months ago, and still nothing. I'm just confused.

lillyvb

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, im applying from Santo Domingo as well, they started processing our files in april 19, 2010, on ECAS it still shows as IN PROCESS, no news from them at all. My medical results expired in January :S. When we started the process last year, time frame was 9-18 months, then it came down to 14 months now its 12 months, but im not quiet sure which one will be applied to my case.

My husband filed for sponsorship on Feb 19, 2010, they approved his part on march 15, 2010, and on april 6 they sent us the letter letting us know he was approved as sponsor, Santo Domingo offices started to process my part on april 19,2010. Still waiting.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Boobee and Lillyvb

I am am applicant from D.R. but under another category (FSWP) and still waiting for MR.

Wish you both good luck.

SFD

lillyvb

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
Hello Boobee and Lillyvb

I am am applicant from D.R. but under another category (FSWP) and still waiting for MR.

Wish you both good luck.

SFD
Thank you! Hopefully we all get good news from CIC very soon.

SFD how long does it take the process under FSWP category?

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
SFD said:
Hello Boobee and Lillyvb

Wish you both good luck.

SFD
[/quote
Hello SFD and Lillyvb,

Thanks for your response!

My understanding from folk who applied from other region, tha it could take 2-3 years. Not saying that the same applies to the D.R., but the problem i'm having is the lacking of accurate information. The last time i called cic, i was told that they are processing papers for Haita in Santo Domingo, and those are given first priority, even though the office in Haiti is open.

lillyvb

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here`s some info it might help u

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
thanks Lillyvb for the link, but if you noticed, Santo Domingo office was not mentioned, even though thay have been up and running.

lillyvb

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boobee said:
thanks Lillyvb for the link, but if you noticed, Santo Domingo office was not mentioned, even though thay have been up and running.
There`s no Santo Domingo office per se, the thing is that after the earthquake in haiti they moved their offices to santo domingo and that`s our office under the Port au Prince name = Santo Domingo office.

Im not quite sure if they re-open Port au Prince office in Haiti but the Santo Domingo office located in Acropolis Plaza is the one working Dominicans and Haitians cases.

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
I was told by friends here in Canada that if one has passed the time, then one can call their MP and then something happens. Unfortunatly, i'm still within the 9-18 months.

We just have to pray for a quick response.

sosad

Apr 11, 2011
hi all, i was reading on the kingston thread and see ppl who has not passed their time went to MP and got a response, you can also order what is call a CAIPS note and that will tell you everything the IO does or is dong on your file.

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
sosad said:
hi all, i was reading on the kingston thread and see ppl who has not passed their time went to MP and got a response, you can also order what is call a CAIPS note and that will tell you everything the IO does or is dong on your file.
[/quote

Thanks for this info. Every bit helps!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Dears

I am so gald to hear from all of you since threads from Dominican Republic are not very common
I would say.

The IO in Santo Domingo is handling cases from other countries as well and that makes it a bit slower which I didn't expect this slow.

18 months has passed by and no MR yet... All categories are handled different as every IO has its own criteria.
OMG!!! How much longer?

Let's pray it doesn't take another year.

Warmest Regards

SFD

boobee

Apr 11, 2011
SFD,

Very true!
I have been watching the topics for a while, and noticed nothing been said about D.R., and wondered if i was the only one having issues with timeframe. Anyway, I'm happy to has open this dialogue, and i'm sure we will all benefit from each other's experience. Knowledge is power!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boobee

Yes, I do agree that we all benefit from each other´s experience, and I am not really sure it´s good or bad to be honest Boobee as the more I try to understand this process, the sick I get. jejeje I just don´t have enough POWER to speed up this process... ;D

Greetings

SFD