+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Rome Visa Office Applicants

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Rome requested my husbands passport and right of permanent residence fee, along with a few other documents! Hopefully this means he will be in Canada soon!

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
My timeline. Some dates might be off by a day or two

Mailed application to Mississuaga on June 14 2011
August 31 2011 received letter saying I was eligible to sponsor my husband and our documents were being forwarded to Italy
September 28 2011 received email from Italy saying my husbands documents had arrived
November 8 2011 received email from Italy asking for new IMM5406 sheet as we hadn't signed the correct line.
December 14 2011 received email from Rome requesting new personal history for my husband, more recent evidence of my visits to Albania, payment for Right of Permanent Residence fee and my husbands passport.

We sent everything on June 14 2011 and my husband landed on March 17 2012 (YAY), so it took about 9 months

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
I'm a Canadian living in Italy, applying to sponsor my husband.

I have not been able to find an answer to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me!

We are aware that the apostille does NOT apply to Italian (or any other foreign) documents as Canada is a non-signatory at the Hague convention. This brought up questions with Italian offices who then said we must, in some way, have their signatures 'authenticated' for use in Canada. Yesterday I called the Embassy and spoke with a woman (who does NOT work at immigration but has helped me in the past) and she told me that what we need to do is have the Procura or Prefettura (like a notary) sign my husbands Italian documents or certified copies (birth certificate, our marriage certificate, and police document), then send these documents via post to the EMBASSY and they will authenticate the signatures of the procura/prefettura, send them back to us and THEN we can send them in our application package. Is this correct? If it is and it is on the website, WHERE does it say this? I have not been able to find ANYTHING of the sort; all i have seen is that we need certified TRANSLATIONS of these documents.

If someone could please clear up some of this confusion, it would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

mtt

Jan 24, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if it was normal that we have not received the final acceptance from the Rome Office. We did the application inland from Canada. He is living here.

We sent in the Application on March 2011, and was received by CIC in April 2011.
In Feb. 2012 by husband received the "OWP" and approval for my sponsorship.
Since Feb 2012, the the CIC site shows his status as "In Process" "a decision has been made and you will be contacted".

In Oct. 2012, he was requested to do another medical. He did it and it was sent off mid Oct. 2012.

The status online still reads "In Process" "a decision has been made and you will be contacted". But has been like this for the past year now.

After a month they finally sent me an email stating "the application is in que for review".

Anyone else had wait almost 2 years for this to be finalized??

MTT