+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
bhaeber85 said:
Spreadsheet update: COPR received January 19, 2016
Submitted November 2014 - so took 14 months total.

He applied for a Open work Permit about half way through and it was granted so he has been working for the past 2 months so that was a huge relief at the time. Nice now to just know there will (should) be no more hassles at the airports and borders!

What do we do now with the Paperwork? do we have to get to a Canadian Border and re-enter into Canada? do we have to be there together? will he get a residency card or something in his passport? Not sure what to do now! lol
He got the OWP as an outland applicant?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
bhaeber85 said:
ya, we applied from outside Canada - he has been here in Canada for the past 10 months however
Good for him and that's really interesting, I thought outland applicants weren't even eligible for an OWP, regardless of if they lived in Canada or not!

bhaeber85

May 20, 2015
elokuu said:
Good for him and that's really interesting, I thought outland applicants weren't even eligible for an OWP, regardless of if they lived in Canada or not!
I thought so too, and that's what everyone told me, including IMMIGRATION! one thing i've learned thru all this is, they don't what they are talking about. I got a different story and different advice every time I called or emailed, so I just took upon ourselves to apply, and it got processed in 4 months and approved when we least expected it. we had applied thru outside Canada for his PR, and when we applied for an open work permit, it had his Canadian address on it, so I think that's a load of BS that they cant issue one, cuz clearly they did! either that or it just slipped thru the cracks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Beal Feirste said:
Congratulations to all those who have their COPR after applying in 2015. I'm a 2014 and gave still not received mine.
I understand the frustration. However, from your previous posts, you had criminality issues that you did not account for in your app, so the longer time line is undertandable in your case. As much as you may want to call theft a "silly prank", it was still theft.

Beal Feirste

Oct 21, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
I understand the frustration. However, from your previous posts, you had criminality issues that you did not account for in your app, so the longer time line is undertandable in your case. As much as you may want to call theft a "silly prank", it was still theft.
My criminal record consisted of a fine for failure to display L plates on a scooter. That's a fact as I received a full copy of my criminal record from home. A traffic conviction is what's on my record as all other cautions were cleared after two years. You don't know me so don't judge me. You obviously felt the need to go back and look at my previous posts to see what you could your opinion of me to be......
The waiting has nothing to do with our decision.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Beal Feirste said:
My criminal record consisted of a fine for failure to display L plates on a scooter. That's a fact as I received a full copy of my criminal record from home. A traffic conviction is what's on my record as all other cautions were cleared after two years. You don't know me so don't judge me. You obviously felt the need to go back and look at my previous posts to see what you could your opinion of me to be......
The waiting has nothing to do with our decision.
I didn't judge you. You stated in previous posts that you and friends stole a moped and you referred to this as "silliness" and"student pranks". Regardless of what it was, you had criminality issues that you failed to declare in your app, so it was delayed. You can't blame CIC for that. People like taffy and andrew, who had to wait super long for no apparent reason, can blame CIC.

And I looked through your previous posts because it's the easiest way to get an idea of a person's full situation.

Barrie Bound

Jan 17, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
I didn't judge you. You stated in previous posts that you and friends stole a moped and you referred to this as "silliness" and"student pranks". Regardless of what it was, you had criminality issues that you failed to declare in your app, so it was delayed. You can't blame CIC for that. People like taffy and andrew, who had to wait super long for no apparent reason, can blame CIC.

And I looked through your previous posts because it's the easiest way to get an idea of a person's full situation.
I'm not sure that is the reason his application was delayed it's CIC's system that is broken. I can understand his frustration, I'm here with an application that started in August 14 and you read posts of people getting bothered, contacting MPs etc when it's taken 6 months.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
elokuu said:
You can't apply for a work permit from outside Canada . Not sure but i think when you applied and you put your Canadian address on the form , some one slipped up and thought you were an inland application. When you apply outland and come to Canada you are a visitors, so you can not work.

elokuu best we keep to the original methods.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
taffy7 said:
You can't apply for a work permit from outside Canada . Not sure but i think when you applied and you put your Canadian address on the form , some one slipped up and thought you were an inland application. When you apply outland and come to Canada you are a visitors, so you can not work.

elokuu best we keep to the original methods.
I'm sure it was a CIC error of some sort, yeah. I just thought it was an interesting situation, as I had never heard of CIC giving an OWP to someone who was not eligible for it.

In any case, I won't be applying for any kind of work permit anymore, as I currently have one and will probably be landing as a PR within a month (once LVO manages to deliver my COPR to the address I gave them when I applied).

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
elokuu said:
I'm sure it was a CIC error of some sort, yeah. I just thought it was an interesting situation, as I had never heard of CIC giving an OWP to someone who was not eligible for it.

In any case, I won't be applying for any kind of work permit anymore, as I currently have one and will probably be landing as a PR within a month (once LVO manages to deliver my COPR to the address I gave them when I applied).
;)They never ever did change my address on ecas ,but at least they did mange to send it to the updated address . I was very surprised at that lol

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
taffy7 said:
;)They never ever did change my address on ecas ,but at least they did mange to send it to the updated address . I was very surprised at that lol
LVO sure is mysterious, since they did the exact opposite for me - my address was always correct on ECAS, and I haven't moved since applying, but LVO decided to send the COPR to the address I lived in over 2 years ago when I applied for a study permit through them. I will never understand how they operate.

byron86

Nov 13, 2015
Abydos said:
Our application was sent to Ottawa too. Having searched the forums I'm not sure either what that means (if anything) to the processing. I've read people suggesting that only pretty straightforward apps are sent to Ottawa but then the Ottawa processing time on the London spreadsheet is a bit longer. Someone just recently on the Ottawa thread said their MP had suggested that Ottawa was slowing down because of all the refugee applications. Basically, no idea but I hope it doesn't slow down the processing time for either of us!!!
I have also heard the same thing regarding the two opinions of why applications stay within Canada. I like you hope that it stays in Canada for the first reason that our applications are indeed straight forward.

Clous87

Apr 20, 2015
Hey guys

COPR recieved 13-01-2016

Now for the next step! Getting a job...its going to be awfully strange having stability back in my life!haha

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Just as an FYI, as of yesterday, the CIC website is showing a processing time of 100 days for PR cards. :mad: