+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Only get your MP to inquire if your application has been in London LONGER than 11 months, though. If you haven't hit 11 months yet then just sit tight.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SchnookoLoly said:
Only get your MP to inquire if your application has been in London LONGER than 11 months, though. If you haven't hit 11 months yet then just sit tight.
Though many MP offices won't make inquires prior to the app exceeding the posted time, some will. It won't do any harm to ask.

spears

Oct 15, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Is Nov 2013 when you initially submitted your app or is that when you received sponsorship approval?

The 11 month processing time is how long it took London to process 80% of apps. The average through London is about 7 months.

You can see if your MP will inquire on your behalf, as they get a response pretty quick.
We received sponsorship approval on 1 Nov 2013, so it looks like we are well past the 7 month average and past the 11 month posted time. We asked the MP to look into it a few months ago but they couldn't provide any real detail on how much longer it is likely to take. I guess we should ask the MP to enquire again.

We heard from someone that each time you make a status enquiry your application goes to the back of the queue, or at least to the back of the current batch being worked on. Therefore, we have limited the number of times we have gotten the MP involved. Has anyone else heard this back of the queue story?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spears said:
We heard from someone that each time you make a status enquiry your application goes to the back of the queue, or at least to the back of the current batch being worked on. Therefore, we have limited the number of times we have gotten the MP involved. Has anyone else heard this back of the queue story?
No, it doesn't send your app to the back of the queue.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
spears said:
We received sponsorship approval on 1 Nov 2013, so it looks like we are well past the 7 month average and past the 11 month posted time. We asked the MP to look into it a few months ago but they couldn't provide any real detail on how much longer it is likely to take. I guess we should ask the MP to enquire again.

You could request your GCMS notes to see what the hold up is. I've seen a couple of people who have done this and suddenly they go to 'in process'.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
spears said:

You are just over the 11 months average for London now, so send a case-specific email to them, and have your MP follow up. They are usually way more receptive to chasing up a file once you pass the 11 month point.

Do you mind if I add you to the spreadsheet? It doesn't look like you're on there. We always appreciate more data for the spreadsheet as it helps everyone's expectations and information. If you'd like to be added, then I'll need:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

You can post here or PM me, whichever you prefer!

Good luck and keep us updated!

spears

Oct 15, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
You are just over the 11 months average for London now, so send a case-specific email to them, and have your MP follow up. They are usually way more receptive to chasing up a file once you pass the 11 month point.

Do you mind if I add you to the spreadsheet? It doesn't look like you're on there. We always appreciate more data for the spreadsheet as it helps everyone's expectations and information. If you'd like to be added, then I'll need:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

You can post here or PM me, whichever you prefer!

Good luck and keep us updated!
Thanks, I will do as you suggest.

I would be glad to be added to your spreadsheet to help others. My info is as follows:

-Date application received in Mississauga: 15 October 2013
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: 30 October 2013
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London, UK
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: request for Singapore criminal check - 28 December 2013 (submitted on 13 January 2014)
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: UK passport holder so I think the answer is no?
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!: Vancouver, Canada

spears

Oct 15, 2014
brucem said:
You could request your GCMS notes to see what the hold up is. I've seen a couple of people who have done this and suddenly they go to 'in process'.
Interesting. Do you think we should do this in addition to making a case-specific enquiry and getting the local MP to follow up?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
All updated, thanks!

Get the MP to follow up first, and see what the response is from there. If he can't get anything useful then order the notes.

trinityboo

Jul 16, 2014
On October 9th I received an email from CIC London saying that my COPR was mailed to my address in Toronto on October 7th . Today I received COPR via recorded delivery.

My Daughter's date of birth is in correct ? Do I need to send it back or will it be corrected when I land.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
trinityboo said:
On October 9th I received an email from CIC London saying that my COPR was mailed to my address in Toronto on October 7th . Today I received COPR via recorded delivery.

My Daughter's date of birth is in correct ? Do I need to send it back or will it be corrected when I land.
I am pretty sure it has to be reissued, unfortunately.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
+1 for reissue. Get in touch with them, you need a replacement.

flobo

Sep 19, 2014
copr arrived in post today! Plus they returned all the personal proof of relationship stuff, like cards, etc which was unexpected and it's nice to have those things back.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Excellent! I'm surprised you got your proof back, that's certainly not normal! Glad you did though, and congrats on having COPR in hand! Happy landing! :)