+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
srfheat said:
Yes, I completed medical upfront and also paid all fees upfront too.

Good point, should have mentioned that in my post.

Cool,so did I.wonder is all of that all off that together is what they consider a "straightforward case"?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Likewise, I did everything upfront including all fees!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
London is overwhelmed with applications right now as they are processing a load of the backlog from Islamabad (which is at like 30 months or something insane). So a bucket of Islamabad applications have been sent to London. The knock-on effect is that some of London's applications are staying in Ottawa or Mississauga for processing instead. This isn't all that uncommon. In 2012, Stage 1 approval for outland applications was up around 3 months because Mississauga was overloaded. They forwarded a bucket of applications over to Ottawa to help out with the backlog. Once the processing time came down to 1-2 months, Ottawa stopped processing Stage 1 applications.

In the past few months, Ottawa has been in use again, this time with backlog from London. It's a pretty standard thing, and shouldn't affect overall processing times. We'll see on the spreadsheet once those applications come through, but I would expect timelines to be broadly similar, particularly if they are keeping straight-forward applications in Canada.

For those whose applications are or are not staying in Canada, don't stress about it. It doesn't necessarily mean yours is complicated. It could just be one VO's view of your file. It could be that all apps from a particular week went to London regardless. Don't stress about it. :)

As a rule, ALWAYS send a complete application. Some people don't send police checks or medicals up front, and in my opinion, they are risking having their application returned for being incomplete. Then you lose half your professing fee. If it's on the checklist, then provide it.

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
KarlR said:
Hey just wondering,did you guys also do your medical and background check upfront?wondering if that also plays a factor?
Same here everything submitted and paid up front.

EagleMan

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=red][b]Islamabad>>London :)[/b][/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue][b]June-2013[/b][/color][/move]
AOR Received.
[move][color=green][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=brown][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=purple][b] Oct-2014 [/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=purple][b]Oct 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green][b]PPR 2 on 4th Nov 2014[/b][/color][/move]
SchnookoLoly said:
London is overwhelmed with applications right now as they are processing a load of the backlog from Islamabad (which is at like 30 months or something insane). So a bucket of Islamabad applications have been sent to London. The knock-on effect is that some of London's applications are staying in Ottawa or Mississauga for processing instead. This isn't all that uncommon. In 2012, Stage 1 approval for outland applications was up around 3 months because Mississauga was overloaded. They forwarded a bucket of applications over to Ottawa to help out with the backlog. Once the processing time came down to 1-2 months, Ottawa stopped processing Stage 1 applications.

In the past few months, Ottawa has been in use again, this time with backlog from London. It's a pretty standard thing, and shouldn't affect overall processing times. We'll see on the spreadsheet once those applications come through, but I would expect timelines to be broadly similar, particularly if they are keeping straight-forward applications in Canada.

For those whose applications are or are not staying in Canada, don't stress about it. It doesn't necessarily mean yours is complicated. It could just be one VO's view of your file. It could be that all apps from a particular week went to London regardless. Don't stress about it. :)

As a rule, ALWAYS send a complete application. Some people don't send police checks or medicals up front, and in my opinion, they are risking having their application returned for being incomplete. Then you lose half your professing fee. If it's on the checklist, then provide it.
can you tell us about how london will treat the cases that were transferred from Islamabad? Will we be following the london timeline of 11 months? our files were transferred to london in jan/feb 2014 and still we didnt hear anything from them

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
EagleMan said:
can you tell us about how london will treat the cases that were transferred from Islamabad? Will we be following the london timeline of 11 months? our files were transferred to london in jan/feb 2014 and still we didnt hear anything from them
Yes the London timeline of 11 months now applies to Islamabad applications

It's 11 months from when your file arrived in London, so hopefull you should hear by the end of this year

EagleMan

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=red][b]Islamabad>>London :)[/b][/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue][b]June-2013[/b][/color][/move]
AOR Received.
[move][color=green][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=brown][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=purple][b] Oct-2014 [/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=purple][b]Oct 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green][b]PPR 2 on 4th Nov 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Chevy23 said:
Yes the London timeline of 11 months now applies to Islamabad applications

It's 11 months from when your file arrived in London, so hopefull you should hear by the end of this year
Thanks alot, your reply is very hopefull :)

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
SchnookoLoly said:

For a little while we regretted doing our medical early and sending it in right away because that would give us less time to get to Canada and we weren't ssure if were would be ready to go before they expired, but now i'm glad we did send them with the application for the reason that it will be smoother that way. But if you think you need more time to get to Canada then sending them when requested would probably be better.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Chevy23 said:
Yes! That's what I did

I didn't pay upfront either, just right your file number note envelope as well as the receipt
Thanks - I've sent the receipt off to Mississauga and also emailed a scanned version to London just in case. Will let you know when I hear anything!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Aniabella said:
If I were you, I'd also send a copy of the receipt to the LVO. I also paid afterwards, before any requests, and when I later on in an unrelated email to LVO asked also if they received the payment, they asked me to scan the receipt to them as well. Even though later on I checked on GCMS notes that they had marked it as paid back in June when I paid it, perhaps they didn't notify the payment without request to the LVO.
Thanks for the advice - agreed, best be safe! I emailed London a scanned copy of the receipt too. Hopefully I'm covered!

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Hi I am new to the forum, and find it great that you can advise so many struggling, with understanding the stages of immigration,
I would like also to be added to the spreadsheet. My storyline so far.

Visa Office : London
Application received : March 4th (Mississauga)
Family Class : CL
Sponsor Approval(AOR) : May 2nd
meds done : 4th June

On the CIC, the status now shows application received for resident permit, does this mean that the application is being reviewed or waiting to be reviewed. I was wondering is it worth paying the $5 to check the status ;) thanks keego_1

afroza

Jul 5, 2014
Hello,

I am new here. I am currently waiting for my husband's visa to be approved. London office started 'processing' his file since July 5th, 2014 and I see some of you are saying that it should take only few weeks or so after that. For us it's been over 2 months and we are currently on our 9 months of processing time. We are worried and confused to what's going on. I am pregnant and baby is due in within the next few weeks. :( And on the inquiry page it says that they won't reply until the processing time has passed. :S What do I do?

Application received: Dec, 23rd/2013
In Process: July 5th/2014

Thank you

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Finally got SA huge delay from may. Stuff got sent to London for my husband. How long does it take for them to send stuff to the London VO?

Alipkhan

Sep 10, 2014
Hi, im new to this forum can some plz tell me that how do you know that your application is in london or canada .i had checked that status of my application it do not say any thing like that thankyou