+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Becki567 said:
Since you are not living in Canada, they are going to decide your application on two main points: genuine relationship and intent to move to Canada. For you, the most difficult part to prove will be intent to move to Canada as soon as PR is approved. Do you have a plan yet of that and any proof?

It is true there is a criminal and medical part you need to pass as well, but I am giving my advice assuming there is no criminal history and any medical issues that are dangerous to the community.

hi thanks for the reply no criminal history or medical issues so all fine there. We plan on visiting canada januray 2014 and gatheras much info and evidence of making contact with real estate agents and getting in contact with potential employers. Its so hard to secure a job or risk putting a deposit down on a property or rent when we dont have 100% confirmation we will be granted PR. :(

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
I also got DECISION MADE today - does anyone know how long until you receive the decision? We had email addresses on our forms so will I receive it by email or do they always post?

Thanks,

Sam

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
I also got DECISION MADE today - does anyone know how long until you receive the decision? We had email addresses on our forms so will I receive it by email or do they always post?

Thanks,

Sam
Congratulations!!

As far as I'm aware they always send copr by post - someone may need to sign for it

If you look at the spreadsheet it looks like after DM it can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks for it to arrive

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Chevy23 said:
Congratulations!!

As far as I'm aware they always send copr by post - someone may need to sign for it

If you look at the spreadsheet it looks like after DM it can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks for it to arrive
Thank you - now for the nervous wait :) Good luck for your letter too!!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Becki567 said:
Hi!

For the spreadsheet we use the application received date as the date the application arrived in Mississauga. Most people get this information by tracking their parcel through their chosen carrier.

You will receive an AOR (acknowledge of receipt) but there is a delay for that, so we find it most accurate to use the date you tracked your application as the starting point in the application process.

I have added you on the spreadsheet for June 15. Can you let me know if this is a marriage or common law application as well please?

Good luck on your application, and please keep us update as your application progresses so we can keep the spreadsheet up to date and helpful to others.

Awesome thanks!
Was just looking at that spreadsheet for the first time yesterday,it's a great idea!gonna be checking that all the time!

Thanks very much for adding me on it.In relation to your question,we are applying through common law.also I am the principal applicant and am Irish,plus we are currently living in Australia (seen some other people have provided this info).if you need to know anything else just ask!

I have one more thing I have to ask...after looking at the spreadsheet I couldn't believe it,the average processing time start to finish is only like 6 months average for this year and last year?!
Is this right?i really hope so!I thought it would take an average of a year,after seeing the 11 month processing times that are shown on the cic website.
Is it safe to say there's a good chance we may only have to wait around 6 months?!if so,how come they say 11 months in the website?

Anyway thanks a lot for the info!let me know if you need to know anything else for our info on the spreadsheet.cheers!

-Karl and Caroline

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Awesome thanks!
Was just looking at that spreadsheet for the first time yesterday,it's a great idea!gonna be checking that all the time!

Thanks very much for adding me on it.In relation to your question,we are applying through common law.also I am the principal applicant and am Irish,plus we are currently living in Australia (seen some other people have provided this info).if you need to know anything else just ask!

I have one more thing I have to ask...after looking at the spreadsheet I couldn't believe it,the average processing time start to finish is only like 6 months average for this year and last year?!
Is this right?i really hope so!I thought it would take an average of a year,after seeing the 11 month processing times that are shown on the cic website.
Is it safe to say there's a good chance we may only have to wait around 6 months?!if so,how come they say 11 months in the website?

Anyway thanks a lot for the info!let me know if you need to know anything else for our info on the spreadsheet.cheers!

-Karl and Caroline
Yh I don't understand London at all.. it seems very inconsistent

My copr is on the way to me in the mail (I hope) so my application took around 7 months

I would say its safe to estimate between 7-8 months right now

There are some applications on the spreadsheet that have gone through really quick and this is bringing the average down to about 6 months (2013 sheet) so far the 2014 applications seem to be going through in about 6 months but this could all change in a few months, you just never know

I don't know why its saying 11 months for the processing times, just update the spreadsheet with your time line as you get them and keep an eye out for others on the spreadsheet

This is probably the best way to estimate as processing times can quickly change!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Chevy23 said:
Yh I don't understand London at all.. it seems very inconsistent

My copr is on the way to me in the mail (I hope) so my application took around 7 months

I would say its safe to estimate between 7-8 months right now

There are some applications on the spreadsheet that have gone through really quick and this is bringing the average down to about 6 months (2013 sheet) so far the 2014 applications seem to be going through in about 6 months but this could all change in a few months, you just never know

I don't know why its saying 11 months for the processing times, just update the spreadsheet with your time line as you get them and keep an eye out for others on the spreadsheet

This is probably the best way to estimate as processing times can quickly change!
It is not that quick in average! I got my ATIP notes, and they have not started any of the steps, neither eligibility check nor security check. and my application arrived at London office beginning of January.
Even if they started processing, it would take 3 to 4 month more that would make it 10 to 11 months!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
thanks Chevy!i will of course keep the spreadsheet updated,so glad to have found it!

Wow a 7 to 8 month wait still beats the 12 month average I was expecting!!
Great news!thanks very much and congrats on the copr!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
saeedar said:
It is not that quick in average! I got my ATIP notes, and they have not started any of the steps, neither eligibility check nor security check. and my application arrived at London office beginning of January.
Even if they started processing, it would take 3 to 4 month more that would make it 10 to 11 months!
Yh everyone's application is different I was just trying to give them a rough idea of processing times RIGHT NOW

I know not everyone's is done within that time frame but from what I've seen on the spreadsheet not many peoples application is taking the quoted '11 months' processing time once its been received at London

Of course in a few months it could all change, sorry if I was confusing in my last post

I also ordered my notes and all my checks were done in 2 months, perhaps yours will be done quicker than you think as well... who knows

Good luck with your application

cjpwolf

Jan 17, 2014
Sammyjolpp said:

Thanks,

Sam
I had my email in there as well, but i didn't receive an email, just waiting on my letter now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
KarlR said:
For all those confused about the posted processing times, they are not meant to be taken as averages; as it says at the top of the page, The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.

So for London, 80% of apps are processed within 11 months, meaning that 79% are processed faster than 11 months, most quite a bit faster.

If you want to see an accurate average, have a look at the published data set here http://data.gc.ca/data/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3.

NortoCan

Jul 14, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I've been stalking this forum for a while. And I guess it was time for me to finally sign up.. I am in the process of changing my status from worker to visitor. And I have some questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. My PR application is a common-law application

1. Since we're Common-Law, do we have to get a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Relationship for the application to change condition? Or can we submit a copy of the one we sent with the PR application?

2. Am I applying for "Extension of my temporary resident status" or "Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit"?

3. On the question "purpose of your visit" should I say "Other" and say Dual Intent: visitor and waiting for approval on PR app?

4. How can I get a multiple entry visitor visa? I can't see any option to specify that in the form.

5. Once the application to change condition has been approved, do I have to cross the border to get my status changed, or does this happen automatically?

Thank you so much for your help :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
NortoCan said:
1. Since we're Common-Law, do we have to get a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Relationship for the application to change condition? Or can we submit a copy of the one we sent with the PR application?

2. Am I applying for "Extension of my temporary resident status" or "Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit"?

3. On the question "purpose of your visit" should I say "Other" and say Dual Intent: visitor and waiting for approval on PR app?

4. How can I get a multiple entry visitor visa? I can't see any option to specify that in the form.

5. Once the application to change condition has been approved, do I have to cross the border to get my status changed, or does this happen automatically?
Hi

1. The declaration isn't required for the visitor app and was not required for the common-law app. It's only required when the common-law partner is a co-signer on the PR app, when the sponsor is sponsoring someone such as a child or parent.

2. Extension.

3. Yes, you can put that you have applied for PR and would like to remain with your partner while the app processes. Include proof of the PR app.

4. TRVs are entry visas and can be single or multiple. You are not applying for a TRV; you are applying to extend your status, a completely different thing.

5. No, you don't have to cross the border.

NortoCan

Jul 14, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. The declaration isn't required for the visitor app and was not required for the common-law app. It's only required when the common-law partner is a co-signer on the PR app, when the sponsor is sponsoring someone such as a child or parent.

2. Extension.

3. Yes, you can put that you have applied for PR and would like to remain with your partner while the app processes. Include proof of the PR app.

4. TRVs are entry visas and can be single or multiple. You are not applying for a TRV; you are applying to extend your status, a completely different thing.

5. No, you don't have to cross the border.
Thanks for your answer canuck_in_uk. However I don't see how you can say that it's not required with the statutory declaration when it says the following in the guide: "If you are in a common-law union, you must also complete the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) form and include it with your application.". My PR app was also reviewed by a lawyer before I sent it in, and she said that the statutory declaration was mandatory for outland apps..

I just don't want to send in an extension app and get it returned because of the declaration, but if there's multiple people in here that's in a CL relationship that applied for their extension without that document I guess it's worth a try..