+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
zaig said:
Imran dont email them it annoyes them unless 7momths get pass .
Thx malik for advice hopfully you will get your visa soon

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Porosh-pathor said:
Hi guy's! could u plz help me in my case, I want apply for spouse visa in Canada, i have gone through the web page and found three part of the application form part-1 for sponsorship form part-2 immigration form part-3 information guide. i understand part -1 need to fill by my wife and part-2 need to fill by myself but i don't understand about part -3? another quires is who is gonna send the application? do i need to send by myself or my wife and where?
You complete part 3.
It doesnt matter who sends it to Mississauga as long as it gets there. There is a form in part 1 which you both must sign.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Paul.. said:
Outland spousal application sent 17th Nov 2011, application received 18th Nov 2011, spousal decision made 19th Jan 2012, application sent to London............now waiting!
Hi Paul..
I have now added your details to the spreadsheet. Be sure to keep me updated! :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Hi Pinklady, I was directed here from BritishExpats... have had your spreadsheet bookmarked for ages, and figured I might as well get added to it! Applied via London, common-law, application sent 19 Jan and received 25 Jan... hoping to hear soon! :) Thanks!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Hey guys

I have a question regarding taxes.

My sponsor is Canadian. He recently got employed in Canada (Jan 2012). Prior to that he hasn't worked since 2007. I called the tax revenue place and they sent us his T4 etc. But, he has nothing to file.

Shall we:

a. Send what the tax revenue sent us and add additional papers explaining why he has nothing to file
or
b. Take his papers to H&R Block to get filed anyway and then send what we get back from them?

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
bonitanita said:
Hey guys

I have a question regarding taxes.

My sponsor is Canadian. He recently got employed in Canada (Jan 2012). Prior to that he hasn't worked since 2007. I called the tax revenue place and they sent us his T4 etc. But, he has nothing to file.

Shall we:

a. Send what the tax revenue sent us and add additional papers explaining why he has nothing to file
or
b. Take his papers to H&R Block to get filed anyway and then send what we get back from them?
The T4 you got from revenue, is it for 2007? I know they requested for the latest so 2011. Even if your 2011 doesn't have anything on it, I would still submit it with the 2007. Send them both and explain to them why. Send more than less info so less chance for them to send you back the stuff to do it over again.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Okay, so I decided today to send an email to London to ask where my visa/rejection letter had gotten to! Before sending the email, I did a little bit of snooping, because I knew Victorfoxtrot had sent an email to them too after sitting on Decision Made for a little while. She said she had sent hers almost two weeks to the day since decision made and since ours has been more than two weeks, I figured it was safe.

Only then did I realise/remember some things: Victorfoxtrot was only told her visa went undelivered the first time around after she had emailed and asked where it was (as in, there wasn't an email or anything alerting her to the fact that they had tried to send it but failed), and TWO, it went undelivered because she wasn't on her building's directory.

At this point I remembered that a) our lawyer no longer works for the firm we're working with and the case has been transferred to a different person (with a different name, obviously!), and b) the ENTIRE LAW FIRM has since picked up and moved offices (after being in the same spot for many, many years). Neither of these facts is reflected on ecas, which I didn't notice until today because I had been using the sponsor details to log in so the applicants details are not displayed. Lo and behold, when I logged in using my own details, there it was 'Mailing Address: c/o [Previous Lawyer] at [Old Address].' Nobody updated anything at all! Argh! After two weeks of wondering and hoping that it would come, to realise all of this in the space of about two minutes was horrifying! Ahhh!

I emailed anyway and asked if they could tell me anything and added that though I knew they were busy, I was anxious because our lawyer had moved/changed. The web form limits you to 250 characters so I couldn't provide a lot of detail at all. I'll just have to hope it all went through okay, as there was no function to say, 'Stop typing, you've reached your limit.'

Ooooooh, the stress!!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
GOT OUR CPR!!!!!!!

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED I AM.

It actually came last Wednesday but no one was in to sign for it, so as we were going on holiday on Thursday we had to stop by the post officve on the way out!! YEAH!

So sorry I couldn't tell you all earlier!!

XX :p :p :p XX

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickydicky16 said:
GOT OUR CPR!!!!!!!

It actually came last Wednesday but no one was in to sign for it, so as we were going on holiday on Thursday we had to stop by the post officve on the way out!! YEAH!

We received Decision Made on March 4th, and are now waiting to hear what that decision is.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
At this point I remembered that a) our lawyer no longer works for the firm we're working with and the case has been transferred to a different person (with a different name, obviously!), and b) the ENTIRE LAW FIRM has since picked up and moved offices (after being in the same spot for many, many years). Neither of these facts is reflected on ecas, which I didn't notice until today because I had been using the sponsor details to log in so the applicants details are not displayed. Lo and behold, when I logged in using my own details, there it was 'Mailing Address: c/o [Previous Lawyer] at [Old Address].' Nobody updated anything at all! Argh! After two weeks of wondering and hoping that it would come, to realise all of this in the space of about two minutes was horrifying! Ahhh!

Ooooooh, the stress!!
Oh crikey! That's frustrating, but I do know a little of what you are going through. I suspect if they have moved building then it is likely to have been returned because there is no one at the original address.

They will act on your message - just make sure everything is up to date......quite annoying though that the lawyer themselves did not do this!

Hope you get a response soon.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
trickydicky16 said:
GOT OUR CPR!!!!!!!

Finally Tricky! Now you presumably enter the next waiting game aka job hunting? That is much less fun and slightly more mind-gamey than this. Annoyingly there are no spreadsheets or forums that I can find to help me through it!

Jonnysion

Dec 14, 2011
Can any UK/Irish citizens help me with a Police Certificate query?

I got an email from London this morning asking for:
- $490 from sponsor for residence fee
- New medical examination (old one expires this month)
- New UK police certificate (again, old one expired).

All of the above I pretty much expected, which is fine -I'm just happy to be making some progress!

However they also asked for a Police Certificate from the "USA (FBI)" -I'm assuming this is because I lived there for 9 months in 1996 and of course I included that info on my application.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to obtain this from the UK? I've been searching for an hour but keep going around in circles.
Thanks in advance!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Jeri27 said:
The T4 you got from revenue, is it for 2007? I know they requested for the latest so 2011. Even if your 2011 doesn't have anything on it, I would still submit it with the 2007. Send them both and explain to them why. Send more than less info so less chance for them to send you back the stuff to do it over again.
The T4 is from 2007.

I guess we will go and get an updated one to be safe.
Thanks for your advice.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
SchnookoLoly said:
Hi Pinklady, I was directed here from BritishExpats... have had your spreadsheet bookmarked for ages, and figured I might as well get added to it! Applied via London, common-law, application sent 19 Jan and received 25 Jan... hoping to hear soon! :) Thanks!
Hey,
I have now added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome to the forum :)

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Anybody know what 'applications received on' day they are working on? The website says Jan 3rd and has been stuck on that for a week!! processing has gone up to 55 days too. Mine was received Jan 13th, hoping to hear soon :-\