+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Timetells

Feb 22, 2012
Thanks very much, we pretty much have all the evidence and information already collated as we have done this once coming this way.

Another quick question, things like marriage certificates do we need to get notarised? Is there any hints about whom this can be done by?

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
I have it, I have it, I have it! Finally picked up COPR today. It actually arrived on Friday, but we were already in Ottawa. Feels great to finally have it. So now I have to get my SIN and health card.........am I right in thinking that because I'm in Canada already I can go and register for OHIP and they will back date it to when we received sponsor approval? I'm sure I have read that somewhere - you have to take your sponsor approval letter along?

Anyway, thanks for all the support! Pinklady, you can finally shade me in red. I would adjust the date of COPR to 26 Jan, as this is the day I believe I would have received it based on their mailing date of 19 Jan. It took exactly a week for the 2nd one to get here.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! finally!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
I have it, I have it, I have it! Finally picked up COPR today. It actually arrived on Friday, but we were already in Ottawa. Feels great to finally have it. So now I have to get my SIN and health card.........am I right in thinking that because I'm in Canada already I can go and register for OHIP and they will back date it to when we received sponsor approval? I'm sure I have read that somewhere - you have to take your sponsor approval letter along?

Anyway, thanks for all the support! Pinklady, you can finally shade me in red. I would adjust the date of COPR to 26 Jan, as this is the day I believe I would have received it based on their mailing date of 19 Jan. It took exactly a week for the 2nd one to get here.

Ahhh! Best news! So glad you're finally sorted. What a stupidly long wait. Now it's time for landing and OHIP. Hurraay!

It's been almost a week since we got decision made. Wondering if I should poke our lawyer and ask him to contact them. How soon is too soon?

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
Ahhh! Best news! So glad you're finally sorted. What a stupidly long wait. Now it's time for landing and OHIP. Hurraay!

It's been almost a week since we got decision made. Wondering if I should poke our lawyer and ask him to contact them. How soon is too soon?
Thanks! Well the first time they sent my COPR, my decision made happened on the 20 Jan, but they actually posted it the day before on the 19th Jan. Obviously that first attempt didn't arrive, but the second time, they posted it on 10 Feb, and it arrived exactly a week later on 17 Feb. So I would suggest giving your lawyer a call to find out whether they have received anything in the post once you hit the 7 day mark. I bet it is on it's way. They send it International Signed for, which according to Royal Mail takes between 3-7 working days.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
We emailed him to ask if he'd gotten anything and he said no, not yet and that he would let us know as soon as something from CIC arrived. He said if they need more forms (?!?!) they will contact via email, but if they're issuing the visa, it will be by post and can take from 10 days to four weeks. Noooooo!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OH MY GOD!!!!

Im jumping up and down - my COPR came in the post today!! I wasnt expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks at least but its been crazy fast! Decision was made 21st February! wow so excited!

Pinklady I have a query though, I have a big bit of paper with the COPR on it with m picture and everything and the letter they have sent says:
" You have now been issued your COPR form for you and all accompanying dependants. If required, a counterfoil has also been affixed in your passport. etc etc"

and then
" PLease note, as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa exempt countries will not have a counterfil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a COPR."

And I have no request on this letter anywhere for my passport, so am I right in thinking thats it now? I dont have to send anything else off? Its strange given everyone else seems to have to...

anyways - super excited :) hopefully this gives hope to everyone else with a date similar to mine!!

:p

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Congratulations!! I heard that they weren't doing passport visas anymore, how exciting!!

When are you landing??

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
AnnaMcG said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

Im jumping up and down - my COPR came in the post today!! I wasnt expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks at least but its been crazy fast! Decision was made 21st February! wow so excited!

Pinklady I have a query though, I have a big bit of paper with the COPR on it with m picture and everything and the letter they have sent says:
" You have now been issued your COPR form for you and all accompanying dependants. If required, a counterfoil has also been affixed in your passport. etc etc"

and then
" PLease note, as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa exempt countries will not have a counterfil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a COPR."

And I have no request on this letter anywhere for my passport, so am I right in thinking thats it now? I dont have to send anything else off? Its strange given everyone else seems to have to...

anyways - super excited :) hopefully this gives hope to everyone else with a date similar to mine!!

:p

Congratulations Anna, Has your ecas updated?

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
Hi all,

to those who have already received their COPR, when it was sent in the post was it a packet or a letter? Only reason I ask is the postman attempted to deliver a packet to us today. My wife and I have not ordered anything and are really hoping it is our COPR as we are expecting it soonish. The website still says "application received" so it probably won't be but I thought I’d ask anyway, I have read that the website is not always up to date.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey Anna McG!!
Thats great news, congratulations!!! I'll update the spreadsheet at once!
Yep, thats it now. You don't need to send in your passport, you have the COPR and thats all you need to land. So go and get landed!! As soon as thats done, you can get a SIN and register for healthcare and you'll be a PR.
What a great feeling right?!
:)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
UkGary said:
Hi all,

to those who have already received their COPR, when it was sent in the post was it a packet or a letter? Only reason I ask is the postman attempted to deliver a packet to us today. My wife and I have not ordered anything and are really hoping it is our COPR as we are expecting it soonish. The website still says "application received" so it probably won't be but I thought I'd ask anyway, I have read that the website is not always up to date.
Go pick up the packet from the post office and find out. It could well be. London send it using registered post so you would have to sign for it.
Fingers crossed!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UkGary said:
Congratulations Anna, Has your ecas updated?
Thanks everyone! No the Ecas still just says "application received October 24th" lol...ah well. Wow so glad the waiting is all over with. Thanks everyone for all your help! We are flying out on April 29th so we still have a little bit of time to get everything organised now :) Our COPR came in a signed for large envelope - not packet.

Woo it looks cool seeing it in red pinklady ;D

Thanks again everyone, Im sure Ill still be back on before we go!! best of luck to everone still waiting 8)

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
pinklady said:
Go pick up the packet from the post office and find out. It could well be. London send it using registered post so you would have to sign for it.
Fingers crossed!
Wish i could, but after they attempt a delivery you have to wait 24 hour before you can pick it up. I know this sounds really Impatient but i really what the whole process to be over.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
UkGary said:
Wish i could, but after they attempt a delivery you have to wait 24 hour before you can pick it up. I know this sounds really Impatient but i really what the whole process to be over.
Nope, not impatient I totally understand.
You should phone the post office though to see if its there.
I missed the delivery of mine, also on a Friday, and I am pretty sure it said 24 hours, but I was able to go and collect it that evening as it was taken back to the post office.
Worth a shot?
Are you in Canada or England right now? If you're in UK, at least the post offices are open tomorrow!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...