+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
yameen said:
I have a totally not related to the topic question. I need advice.
So here goes( clearing my throat)
Any of you applying are both in uk? And planning to come canada together and start new life and so forth??? If anybody is in this situation what are u planning to do when you move to canada? Work and housing wise.

Im thinking to resign from my job and go to uk untill my husband gets his visa.but then we wud both be jobless when we come back here? :/
Hi Yameen,

Both my wife and I are in the UK and it is unlikely that either one of us will have a job when we arrive. As I am the one being sponsored I am both excited and worried about the whole move. We are lucky to have a relative that is letting us stay with them free of charge until we get sorted out but I will still have credit cards that I have to pay here in the UK. For a job I will most likely take a part time job any where I can get one until I find a full time job in what I do here.

Y

yameen

Uk
Thanks a million that puts me at ease and gives me hope.dont worry you will be able to find temporary job at least.
our minumun pay rate is 10.25 (in BC )so thats survivable on at least.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
yameen said:
My boss granted my holiday after one year so i couldnt visit.and because of this i havent seen my husband for nearly a year.i hope i can find another job it might be less pay but less headache too.
I hve some major thinking to do ...

CONGRAYS THOSE WHO GOT PPR COPR!!!
I guess you just have to weigh up whether or not you can afford to do it. Since your app has been in since April, I'd say there is a fair chance you'll be getting (or your hubby will) PR in the next few months. Why not take the vacation you have been granted, then come back to your job and start looking for another? Might make sense to at least have one wage coming in because your husband will be looking for work. Maybe I'm being too logical here! Shame on your boss for not letting you have a vacation for a whole year. Sounds very mean to me, but then I guess I have to get my head around North American vacation allowances.......not sure I will though!

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Regarding the Goods to Follow form: Is it necessary to fill this out if my partner has no goods to follow? (We moved here over a year ago when he was on a working holiday visa, so all of his stuff--and there's not much, anyway--is already here.)

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Hey everyone,

I awoke this morning to ths email .......

"We sent you a letter on January 19, 2012 about the decision on your
application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.'

Can anyone shed some light whos gone through this....should I be exciteddd or worried??

Lesley xxx

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lesleyaddy said:
Hey everyone,

I got a message like that, and I was approved to sponsor my husband.

Can anyone shed some light whos gone through this....should I be exciteddd or worried??

Lesley xxx

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
This is for sure the decision made on the sponsorship process "step 1" and is just update on ur ecas

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
ahm2299 said:
This is for sure the decision on made the sponsorship process "step 1" and is just update on ur ecas
ahhhhhhhh thank youu....Ive been sitting here thinking what the heck it could be!! :p Ohhh i see its just confirming the email 'letter' sent to me with my approval!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it all makes sense...lol!! :p xx thank youuuuu xx

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
lesleyaddy said:
ahhhhhhhh thank youu....Ive been sitting here thinking what the heck it could be!! :p Ohhh i see its just confirming the email 'letter' sent to me with my approval!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it all makes sense...lol!! :p xx thank youuuuu xx
exactly :) You are welcome

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
lesleyaddy said:
Hey everyone,

Lesley xxx
I had this, but they were referring to an email they'd sent me on 17th Jan, with a pdf attached to it. You should be excited about it, my email had my sponsor approval attached to it!

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Yoodles,

What does the processing time in London seem to be from them recieving the file transfer to all being done and dusted??! *Please say 1 week* hehehee!!

xxxxxxxx

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lesleyaddy said:
Yoodles,

What does the processing time in London seem to be from them recieving the file transfer to all being done and dusted??! *Please say 1 week* hehehee!!

xxxxxxxx
1 week and few months :D

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
lesleyaddy said:
Yoodles,

xxxxxxxx
;) We waited four months. London's processing times are at 7 months right now, but most people are hearing anywhere between 3 and 5 months. All the best, you're nearly there!! :eek:)

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Aperture said:
Regarding the Goods to Follow form: Is it necessary to fill this out if my partner has no goods to follow? (We moved here over a year ago when he was on a working holiday visa, so all of his stuff--and there's not much, anyway--is already here.)
This is something I'd like to know too!