+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
jkgtr said:
yes i got mine on the 15th, i was replying to the questions that gwn86 asked

"I'm a bit curious, what is in the package that contains the COPR? Other than the COPR, if there is anything."

and

"Now... When using lawyers, since they are our main point of contact, will the COPR go to them or will it be sent to our current listed address in Cyprus?"

Still waiting?!? mine only took about a week and that was including a couple of public holidays with no post, hope it doesnt take to much longer mate.
Cheers for the response :)

Yeah we're waiting on getting a police check waived that the government mistakenly thought we needed so we're waiting on that to be done then in theory we should get it soon.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi All,

I think I must be doing something wrong when I try to check my application status as I've never managed to log in yet. Our application was received in Mississauga a month ago now...should I be able to log on yet? I've been using my receipt number to log in as I haven't received anything else from CIC yet.

Any tips?

I did see on the spreadsheet that no one who applied in June is showing sponsorship approval yet, so maybe they are being very slow and haven't even started mine yet? I hope not!

Thanks for your help

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All,

I think I must be doing something wrong when I try to check my application status as I've never managed to log in yet. Our application was received in Mississauga a month ago now...should I be able to log on yet? I've been using my receipt number to log in as I haven't received anything else from CIC yet.

Any tips?

I did see on the spreadsheet that no one who applied in June is showing sponsorship approval yet, so maybe they are being very slow and haven't even started mine yet? I hope not!

Thanks for your help
You still have a bit of a wait ahead of you, check out the current processing times below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

You will have to wait until you get your file number or UCI number to log in...
We couldn't log into ECAS until we got our SA, which was 95 days later :(

If you look at the time its taken people to get SA this year, you will see that yes Mississauga are just slow
When other June applicants start hearing back you probably will as well

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All,

Any tips?

Thanks for your help
I agree with everything Chevy said above but I just wanted to add: When we got SA approval we were still not able to log on to ECAS for about a week after. So if you get SA approval and can't log on right away, don't panic.

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All,

Any tips?

Thanks for your help
It took me about 6-8 weeks before I could log on, you might still have a bit of a wait.

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Chevy23 said:
Oh sorry I totally misread that!

Our house number is 138, hopefully our postman can handle 3 digits

Sometimes our post goes to 136 as our house is kinda tucked around the corner so I think the postman gives up and just leaves our mail there!

Make sure you update when you get yours Sammyjolpp... I think I'll be checking with 136 just to be sure haha
Have you had anything through yet? Still nothing for me - Is there any way to contact the embassy if it doesn't turn up?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
Have you had anything through yet? Still nothing for me - Is there any way to contact the embassy if it doesn't turn up?

Nooo still nothing!!!

I actually got impatient and emailed them yesterday lol

I just asked them if they could advise me what "decision made" means and when I can expect them to contact me regarding this, as that's what it says on ECAS

I haven't heard anything back yet, but seriously 2 and half weeks!! This is killing me

If it passes the 3 week mark I don't know what to do, hopefully someone will have a better answer if that happens

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Thanks Chevy, Becki and GWN86 - I got excited that it had been a month but I guess I just had to wait longer!

and yes thanks Chevy I didn't realise it was now at almost 2 months wait in Mississauga.

Will let you know when I hear anything!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
Nooo still nothing!!!

I actually got impatient and emailed them yesterday lol

I just asked them if they could advise me what "decision made" means and when I can expect them to contact me regarding this, as that's what it says on ECAS

I haven't heard anything back yet, but seriously 2 and half weeks!! This is killing me

If it passes the 3 week mark I don't know what to do, hopefully someone will have a better answer if that happens
When I hit the 3 week mark, my MP contacted them and they said they would not re-issue for a lost COPR until 6 weeks has passed. Also, from the time I had my decision made until they actually physically mailed it was almost a week.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
When I hit the 3 week mark, my MP contacted them and they said they would not re-issue for a lost COPR until 6 weeks has passed. Also, from the time I had my decision made until they actually physically mailed it was almost a week.
6 weeks woah!!!!

Seems our plans of spending our first wedding anniversary together are slowly slipping away

I will just pray it comes soon
Atleast I'm not the only one, that gives me a little hope that maybe the vo is just being slow at mailing them out

I will pray for you to sammyjolpp, let's hope we hear something soon

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
6 weeks woah!!!!

Seems our plans of spending our first wedding anniversary together are slowly slipping away

I will just pray it comes soon
Atleast I'm not the only one, that gives me a little hope that maybe the vo is just being slow at mailing them out

I will pray for you to sammyjolpp, let's hope we hear something soon
I definitely don't think its lost, and I do remember this time as being the most excruciating! When's your anniversary?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
I definitely don't think its lost, and I do remember this time as being the most excruciating! When's your anniversary?
It's in just over 3 weeks time on the 23rd August - I know I have some time as long as it comes next week as 2 weeks is not enough time for me to organise my life, I don't know how others do it!

Oh definitely, I'm usually quite a chilled person and believe in good comes to those who wait and deserve it but this is testing me just because I don't have 100% confirmation that it is my copr I'm waiting for and not some evil rejection letter

But anyway yh I am trying to agree with you in that i don't think it's lost just because there's another with the same date as me who hasn't received there's either

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
OMG LONDON ACTUALLY REPLIED TO MY MESSAGE

"Please note your Confirmation of Permanent Residence was sent to the following address of 29th July 2014."

Eeekk overwhelmed with happiness, at least I know its not a rejection letter :)

@sammyjolpp hopefully yours was sent too, at least we know now that its taken them 2 weeks to physically send it out and chances are its on its way and not lost in the post :)

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Chevy23 said:
OMG LONDON ACTUALLY REPLIED TO MY MESSAGE

"Please note your Confirmation of Permanent Residence was sent to the following address of 29th July 2014."

Eeekk overwhelmed with happiness, at least I know its not a rejection letter :)

@ sammyjolpp hopefully yours was sent too, at least we know now that its taken them 2 weeks to physically send it out and chances are its on its way and not lost in the post :)
Thank you so much for this update! That's a huge relief - I'm going to email now too!! Fingers crossed you get yours in time for your anniversary :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
Thank you so much for this update! That's a huge relief - I'm going to email now too!! Fingers crossed you get yours in time for your anniversary :)
Your welcome :) and yes I absolutely should make it in time now :D

I'll just let you know how it worked for me

On the 29th July I emailed them
Heard nothing back
Today at 11 o clock I requested GCMS notes
Then today at 12:15 I got the email

It seems (although cant be sure) that they read my email on the 29th and sent my copr out the same day
Then they got my request today for GCMS notes and decided to reply to my email

To me it looks like my bothering them has worked as the dates seem to be to much of a coincidence