+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey all!

Quick question-
Once you receive copr,how long do they give you to accually enter Canada before it expires?
I think I read somewhere here that you only have like 30 days to enter canada but I could be wrong?trying to figure this out before we go making any future plans!

Thanks all!
Its usually 1 year after the date of your medicals so if you did your medicals in Feb 2014, you would have until Feb 2015 to land

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Its usually 1 year after the date of your medicals so if you did your medicals in Feb 2014, you would have until Feb 2015 to land

Hey thanks for the reply!i did my Medicals in January and only sent in my application last month..what would happen if I received my copr after January next year (over one year from Medicals)?

Is there anyway to extend this time?we were hoping to book a trip to go travel for a couple of months in late january when our temp. Australian work visas expire..

What should we do?do we have any options?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey thanks for the reply!i did my Medicals in January and only sent in my application last month..what would happen if I received my copr after January next year (over one year from Medicals)?

Is there anyway to extend this time?we were hoping to book a trip to go travel for a couple of months in late january when our temp. Australian work visas expire..

What should we do?do we have any options?
I have seen some cases where London have extended the date of the medicals, usually when they are near to issuing copr... if you don't have your copr near January it would be worth sending them a case specific email to ask if extending the medicals is possible

They certainly wont extend the date of landing because you want to go travelling

If London wont extend then they will ask you to redo your medicals, then you will have another year from that date

There's nothing you can do about it now, you will have to wait and see how things play out

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
I have seen some cases where London have extended the date of the medicals, usually when they are near to issuing copr... if you don't have your copr near January it would be worth sending them a case specific email to ask if extending the medicals is possible

They certainly wont extend the date of landing because you want to go travelling

If London wont extend then they will ask you to redo your medicals, then you will have another year from that date

There's nothing you can do about it now, you will have to wait and see how things play out
Hey thanks for the info!

I see..well yeah I figured they wouldn't care if we had a trip booked and therefore wouldn't change landing dates etc..just a huge pain in the a$$ as we can't book anything in that case or make any plans whatsoever.

To be honest I'm kinda confused as to how it works?i thought the Medicals just have to be in date when they recieve them,but I guess they have to still be in the one year date when you physically enter canada?
If that is the case,couldn't I just book our vacation and then just redo the Medicals after my old ones expire?although I wouldn't really want to pay for all that again..

So if you have one year from the date of the Medicals to enter,how long do the give you for a "date of landing?"

Thanks for the help!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey thanks for the info!

I see..well yeah I figured they wouldn't care if we had a trip booked and therefore wouldn't change landing dates etc..just a huge pain in the a$$ as we can't book anything in that case or make any plans whatsoever.

To be honest I'm kinda confused as to how it works?i thought the Medicals just have to be in date when they recieve them,but I guess they have to still be in the one year date when you physically enter canada?
If that is the case,couldn't I just book our vacation and then just redo the Medicals after my old ones expire?although I wouldn't really want to pay for all that again..

So if you have one year from the date of the Medicals to enter,how long do the give you for a "date of landing?"

Thanks for the help!
Haha I know!! Nothing is ever straight forward

No as far as I'm aware the medicals have to still be valid when you land (medicals are valid for 1 year)

And no I don't think you can just redo them, you have to wait for London to either extend them or request that you redo them

I know what your saying, its difficult to make any plans as you never really know at what stage your application is, ive found out that my copr is on its way to me.. I originally planned on landing in October so my landing is going to be a lot sooner now

if you get your copr and have to land in January, you can land to activate it then go on your vacation , just another option for you

Ok so if you did your medicals 1st of January 2014 then you will have to the 1st of January 2015 to land, therefor you can not land after the 1st of January

If your copr is issued 1st of November you will have 2 months to land, if you copr is issued 1st of December then you have 1 month to land and so on..

Does that make sense?

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Haha I know!! Nothing is ever straight forward

No as far as I'm aware the medicals have to still be valid when you land (medicals are valid for 1 year)

And no I don't think you can just redo them, you have to wait for London to either extend them or request that you redo them

I know what your saying, its difficult to make any plans as you never really know at what stage your application is, ive found out that my copr is on its way to me.. I originally planned on landing in October so my landing is going to be a lot sooner now

if you get your copr and have to land in January, you can land to activate it then go on your vacation , just another option for you

Ok so if you did your medicals 1st of January 2014 then you will have to the 1st of January 2015 to land, therefor you can not land after the 1st of January

If your copr is issued 1st of November you will have 2 months to land, if you copr is issued 1st of December then you have 1 month to land and so on..

Does that make sense?

Ah thanks that makes more sense!

Unfortunatly I've just realized how screwed I am...I am currently living and working in Australia on a temporary work permit (which was the plan since I couldn't work in Canada)....but...my australian visa expires in the middle of January around the same time as my medical :eek:

The original plan was for us to travel new zealand for a couple of months after our visas here expired,and hopefully by then I would have my copr.

But now I have no idea what to do...I'm going to have to leave australia mid January,but am totally confused as to what to do!if my copr hasn't come by then and my Medicals expire there's nothing I can do right?jsut wait for them to request me to do another?

What if my copr hasn't come yet,and my Medicals expire while it is being processed?
Also,is there a minimum amount of time they have to give you for your date of landing?like can they technically give you copr a week before your medical expires?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Ah thanks that makes more sense!

Unfortunatly I've just realized how screwed I am...I am currently living and working in Australia on a temporary work permit (which was the plan since I couldn't work in Canada)....but...my australian visa expires in the middle of January around the same time as my medical :eek:

The original plan was for us to travel new zealand for a couple of months after our visas here expired,and hopefully by then I would have my copr.

But now I have no idea what to do...I'm going to have to leave australia mid January,but am totally confused as to what to do!if my copr hasn't come by then and my Medicals expire there's nothing I can do right?jsut wait for them to request me to do another?

What if my copr hasn't come yet,and my Medicals expire while it is being processed?
Also,is there a minimum amount of time they have to give you for your date of landing?like can they technically give you copr a week before your medical expires?
Your medicals won't just expire, London will see this and either extend them or request you redo them (your application won't be rejected because they have expired whilst its in process)

I do remember reading a case on here where someone had only 1 week to land!! Its rare but can happen, there is no minimum time they have to give you

My suggestion would be, in December order you GCMS notes... this will tell you at what stage your application is.. whether security/ background checks have been started or not, this will give you a better idea if your application is nearing completion or not

Either way your medicals will be the issue here, just hope that London will extend your medicals for you and you can go to NZ and not have to worry :)

But yes as far as i'm aware threes nothing you can do right now, your just going to have to wait and see how fast/slow your application goes

Its always best to do the things that expire e.g medicals and police checks last.. that way you wont run the risk of them expiring whilst your application is still in process

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Your medicals won't just expire, London will see this and either extend them or request you redo them (your application won't be rejected because they have expired whilst its in process)

I do remember reading a case on here where someone had only 1 week to land!! Its rare but can happen, there is no minimum time they have to give you

My suggestion would be, in December order you GCMS notes... this will tell you at what stage your application is.. whether security/ background checks have been started or not, this will give you a better idea if your application is nearing completion or not

Either way your medicals will be the issue here, just hope that London will extend your medicals for you and you can go to NZ and not have to worry :)

But yes as far as i'm aware threes nothing you can do right now, your just going to have to wait and see how fast/slow your application goes

Its always best to do the things that expire e.g medicals and police checks last.. that way you wont run the risk of them expiring whilst your application is still in process

Thanks very much,we will do just that!

It's funny,the past few years I've had to deal with Canada always giving me deadlines to leave the country ( work/visitor visas expiring).this is the first time I've ever had to think about them giving me a deadline to get in the country haha!

Well thanks very much for all your advice and help!you e been really helpful.
i guess we will just have to wait now and see what happens before we go booking any trips.

Thanks again and congratulations on receiving your COPR!! :D

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Hello all,

I am in the process of working on my spousal application. I am in Ontario on a PGWP which expires on August 10th, 2015

Does anyone have any general tips on the application and/or the process - do's don'ts etc.

Best,
Padraic

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Update on spreadsheet please :) As of July 18th, our application status says "in process".

Does that mean a decision will be made in the near future, assuming everything is fine?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
EricandLinda said:
Update on spreadsheet please :) As of July 18th, our application status says "in process".

Does that mean a decision will be made in the near future, assuming everything is fine?
It's definitely a good sign!!

2 weeks after mine changed to in process I got decision made

But everyone's application is different it could still be a few months or so yet

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
PF said:
Hello all,

I am in the process of working on my spousal application. I am in Ontario on a PGWP which expires on August 10th, 2015

Does anyone have any general tips on the application and/or the process - do's don'ts etc.

Best,
Padraic
Do: Follow the Guide, have a third party review all your documents are present
Don't: Expect to be the fastest application ever. It makes the wait more bearable to have realistic expectations.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
cjpwolf said:
I landed today, flag poling was no issue.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
EricandLinda said:

I agree, its a good sign. I was also in process about 2 weeks. I know others who waited about a month.