+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
s2gordon said:
I cannot believe it! OMG! I checked e-cas last night and a desision has been made!! So now I just wait for the copr!! Yayyy :):):):)
Congratulations

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Herjeet said:
Just checked my ECAS and it finally says In Process for stage 2!!! They started processing on the 2nd of November so we will be in Canada when they issue a COPR. Flying out next Thursday the 15th!! Hope its smooth sailing from now on. Finger's crossed!
Thats awesome news, fingers crossed

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kaede1977 said:
Hey Sweden, glad to hear you made it to Canada with no probs! Im still waiting to hear some news from the London VO as well...getting tired of hanging in limbo, just wish they would get on with things!!! Do you have any idea if we would be able to move back asap soon as we get the green light or do we still have to wait for the PR papers to arrive...
Hey Kaede1977,

Yes - i can see that your timelines are very similar, hopefully we will hear soon, I'm so tired of waiting and waiting...
If you want to "move" here - I don't think it will be a problem. It was pretty easy at the border. The main trouble is to get your stuff here - depending on how much you have. We ( my partner and I) came with the maximum allowed by the airline (2 suitcases each), and shipped the rest (no furniture, mostly clothes and books). We marked it as "household things for a returning canadian" and customs clearance was not an issue - if you don't have too many things, it might be worth it, we didn't have to pay any taxes.
You can choose to move before the COPR, or you can wait... it takes approximately a week I would say between reading "decision made" on ecas and receiving the paper at home ( if you are in the UK or Ireland), and according to other posts, about 2 weeks to receive it in Canada... if you move to Canada before the COPR, you just have to change your address on ecas, and that should be it...

Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Herjeet said:
Just checked my ECAS and it finally says In Process for stage 2!!! They started processing on the 2nd of November so we will be in Canada when they issue a COPR. Flying out next Thursday the 15th!! Hope its smooth sailing from now on. Finger's crossed!
Great to hear! mine is still not moving... fingers crossed for tomorrow... but things seem to be moving again in London, for the last few days, hopefully it's a good week! :) Unless you get a decision made today, and COPR sent right away, indeed you will probably be in Canada already, but it should be fine! good luck with the very final stage!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
s2gordon said:
I cannot believe it! OMG! I checked e-cas last night and a desision has been made!! So now I just wait for the copr!! Yayyy :):):):)
yeah indeed ! congratulations, that's great to hear! :)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone's status changed on ECAS other than a Tuesday?! It is so ridiculous if its true what people say about ECAS only being updated once a week. I check it every day, am i really wasting my time?!

We are due to go back to England for a holiday on Nov 15 but are only going if we know a decision has been made or we had COPR (which is obviously highly unlikely at this point)! If not, we will be going at Christmas, but i'm thinking if its true that ECAS is updated once a week, my last chance will be next Tuesday for some kind of update to happen (and decide when we are going back home)! Stressful times! lol

Hope London bashes out some COPR's this week :(

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
Hey Kaede1977,

Yes - i can see that your timelines are very similar, hopefully we will hear soon, I'm so tired of waiting and waiting...
If you want to "move" here - I don't think it will be a problem. It was pretty easy at the border. The main trouble is to get your stuff here - depending on how much you have. We ( my partner and I) came with the maximum allowed by the airline (2 suitcases each), and shipped the rest (no furniture, mostly clothes and books). We marked it as "household things for a returning canadian" and customs clearance was not an issue - if you don't have too many things, it might be worth it, we didn't have to pay any taxes.
You can choose to move before the COPR, or you can wait... it takes approximately a week I would say between reading "decision made" on ecas and receiving the paper at home ( if you are in the UK or Ireland), and according to other posts, about 2 weeks to receive it in Canada... if you move to Canada before the COPR, you just have to change your address on ecas, and that should be it...

Good luck,
Sweden
Hey thanks for that Sweden...Il definitely be following your advice and keeping a close eye on the timelines now, it must be getting close to crunch time for us!! Just wondering how long it takes from application recieved to in process to decision made, I guess it really depends on the VO office and varies from case to case. Thanks for all your help and fingers crossed we hear some good news shortly ;)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Laurenhannah said:
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone's status changed on ECAS other than a Tuesday?! It is so ridiculous if its true what people say about ECAS only being updated once a week. I check it every day, am i really wasting my time?!
I don't think Ecas is only updated on a Tuesday, Ecas wasn't updated at all yesterday in regards to timescales, and it wasnt updated last Tuesday either. I think it is updated whenever your file is...but london doesnt seem to update often. Sign up for the Ecas Tracker, it will do the work for you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kaede1977 said:
Hey thanks for that Sweden...Il definitely be following your advice and keeping a close eye on the timelines now, it must be getting close to crunch time for us!! Just wondering how long it takes from application recieved to in process to decision made, I guess it really depends on the VO office and varies from case to case. Thanks for all your help and fingers crossed we hear some good news shortly ;)
Indeed it really depends... some people go straight from application received to decision made, some stay in process for a month, others for a few days... some people even have the COPR showing up at their door and ecas never changed to Decision made...! the whole process is completely nontransparent.... Fingers crossed that it won't take much longer!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
I don't think Ecas is only updated on a Tuesday, Ecas wasn't updated at all yesterday in regards to timescales, and it wasnt updated last Tuesday either. I think it is updated whenever your file is...but london doesnt seem to update often. Sign up for the Ecas Tracker, it will do the work for you.
Indeed - From what I understood ecas is not updated from London itself, but somewhere in Canada... which could explain some of the delays?
I signed up for ecas tracker, but still has a tendency to check ecas anyway - but maybe less regularly! :)
Good luck,
Sweden

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Hope London bashes out some COPR's this week I hear ya!!!

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Hello Everyone! Firstly I have to say how relieved I am to have found this (& wishing that I had found this earlier! Although I am now trying to figure out how to use this type of messaging) So reading through everyones comments I have to admit I feel both relief and dread, but I think everyone seems to be in the same boat so to speak. We sent in our spousal application on April 27th 2012 and Ecas states "application / Medical results received" (Medical was done 21st April) but that is all. We got a letter dated August 2nd stating that the sponsorship approval had gone ahead and that they were sending our application to London, but since then... nothing! The scary part is not knowing if London even has our application as there has been no status update since "application received". After sending our application in April we spent a few months traveling Europe together, and on October 12th 2012 we returned to Canada together and now I am here waiting for an update and hoping it comes soon as my visitor record states I have until April 13th before having to return to England, but I need to start living rather than existing in limbo! It is comforting to know that other people are in similar situations and are already in Canada while waiting for an update! I was extremely nervous coming back in October as although I have lived here for three years it was always with a working visa, so coming in as a visitor was a new experience and I was scared I wouldn't be allowed to stay for 6 months once they knew I had a PR file, but it was so easy! I wasn't even asked any questions, instead the customs officer just laughed at how slow the PR system is, and just wished us luck! Well good luck to everyone else, and I look forward to continue reading everyone else's story!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Canuckwannabe said:
Hello Everyone! Firstly I have to say how relieved I am to have found this (& wishing that I had found this earlier! Although I am now trying to figure out how to use this type of messaging) So reading through everyones comments I have to admit I feel both relief and dread, but I think everyone seems to be in the same boat so to speak. We sent in our spousal application on April 27th 2012 and Ecas states "application / Medical results received" (Medical was done 21st April) but that is all. We got a letter dated August 2nd stating that the sponsorship approval had gone ahead and that they were sending our application to London, but since then... nothing! The scary part is not knowing if London even has our application as there has been no status update since "application received". After sending our application in April we spent a few months traveling Europe together, and on October 12th 2012 we returned to Canada together and now I am here waiting for an update and hoping it comes soon as my visitor record states I have until April 13th before having to return to England, but I need to start living rather than existing in limbo! It is comforting to know that other people are in similar situations and are already in Canada while waiting for an update! I was extremely nervous coming back in October as although I have lived here for three years it was always with a working visa, so coming in as a visitor was a new experience and I was scared I wouldn't be allowed to stay for 6 months once they knew I had a PR file, but it was so easy! I wasn't even asked any questions, instead the customs officer just laughed at how slow the PR system is, and just wished us luck! Well good luck to everyone else, and I look forward to continue reading everyone else's story!
Welcome to the roller coaster...and good luck!! If you want to add your details to the spreadsheets which gives an indication of where alot of applicants are and how long applications can take...look down a couple of posts and you will find Sweden and in the signature box you will find 2 links to spreadsheets, one for London and another for April applicants which is what you are (as they are based on application received dates.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CIC Update

41 days

Working on applications received on September 28, 2012

First Stage approval is starting to slow down, there last working on applications date was 26 September 2012, that is only 2 days difference and they are also up from 35 days to 41 days.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canuckwannabe said:
Welcome to the forum... your dates are quite similar to mine, and my application also only states "application received" - and I'm also in Canada waiting for the PR decision - existing in limbo.... very familiar!

As stated by scottishmaple - feel free to add yourself in the London spreadsheet, it's open.
For the April applicants, I don't administer it to I can not add you, but you can join at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2012-applicants-join-here-t100105.2760.html and ask in the thread to be added.

Good luck with your process!
Sweden