+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH8288 said:
Hey! hsbaloch

Could you just tell me what mind should I make regarding my case coze we file our case in September2011 we got approval in 18th November 2011 and file transfer to London in the same month so my question is how long it ll more take for PPR I am in Ireland on student. visa.

Thanks
Hi SH8288,
I am not sure since every case is different but according to the recent timeline if everything goes by well for you,

you are looking at another 3 months because they will have to go through the back ground checks from your country of nationality and country of residence as well!
well, this is what I have noticed here but you never know when your luck is high and one very fine day your inbox is glittering with PPR email : )

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rscmoore said:
Finally finished that tunnel through to the post office this morning. Rummaged through all the post and found our recorded delivery letter this morning! COPR! Woo!

A bit in shock really!
Does anyone have any young ones around 5 that understand they are moving to Canada, but don't want to leave their friends, school, house, etc? My little girl is sad now because they let Daddy into Canada. Any advice on how to make this move as easy as possible? We are moving after the school year ends and have some new things for her that she really wants at my parents. Just not sure how to deal with her emotions....
awww this is touchy!!!

take her to the places she wanted to go in the UK, let her meet up with her friends or may be invite them at home for oneday,

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisies said:
Reading this forum is like watching a thriller!! :eek: ;D :D
I love all the good news. Hope I get copr soon! May it come today, may it come today! That's my mantra till I get it.
(I am thinking it must come because I emailed London a week ago and they haven't replied, before when I emailed they replied the next day..so maybe they're just ignoring my email cuz copr is on its' way... OR maybe they're sick of me and just ignoring me for that reason :mad: )
I am hooked to reading this forum, it is great drama. Every morning I wonder what will be new today.

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Hi SH8288,
I am not sure since every case is different but according to the recent timeline if everything goes by well for you,

you are looking at another 3 months because they will have to go through the back ground checks from your country of nationality and country of residence as well!
well, this is what I have noticed here but you never know when your luck is high and one very fine day your inbox is glittering with PPR email : )
Once medicals are received does that mean the back ground checks have been done, does anyone know?

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Yay Rscmoore!!!!!! I can't believe we were writing our posts at the exact same time! I actually just said YAY out loud in the office...uhm...

Sorry to read about your daughter. I know it's different but I am having a lot of trouble with the idea of leaving London myself. I'm dying for the approvals to come through but I feel sick each time because it means it's almost time to move. Obviously it's different because I'm 30 and your daughter's 5 but what's helped me is planning my next trip back to London. Maybe give her a date when you'll be back and help her plan her itinerary. She'll have something to look forward to that way. Good luck! x

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Rscmoore said:
Finally finished that tunnel through to the post office this morning. Rummaged through all the post and found our recorded delivery letter this morning! COPR! Woo!

A bit in shock really!
Does anyone have any young ones around 5 that understand they are moving to Canada, but don't want to leave their friends, school, house, etc? My little girl is sad now because they let Daddy into Canada. Any advice on how to make this move as easy as possible? We are moving after the school year ends and have some new things for her that she really wants at my parents. Just not sure how to deal with her emotions....
Probably gonna be a bit hard in the beginning but you could tell her that you'll still keep in touch with her friends by sending letters and cards (and do it too, don't just say you will...) and talk about how much fun she'll have with her grandparents and maybe prepare her by looking at pics of Canada on the internet etc... Kids adjust well even if it can be heartbreaking at first. Good luck!!

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping once we get there she will be ok since her cousin is there are near her age, also my parents. I think it will hit her hard when she starts school. I will need to find her friends where ever we live.

Shudda, whereaboots are you landing and when? Have you been to Canada a lot?

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Don't worry too much about once you move Rscmoore - kids make friends alarmingly quick - as you no doubt know! Once you're there she'll be fine :)

Believe it or not, I'm the Canadian one! My fiance's Irish. I've been living in London for 8yrs though. Moved here on my own and made a home. My whole adult life and career have only been here so I'm having trouble leaving it all behind. We're moving to Canada because it makes most sense for the long term but it still breaks my heart to leave!

We're moving to Toronto.

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Shudda - I'm in the same boat! Been here 8 years. Came to the UK for an adventure! Got a big one! A family, a house, a really good career, friends, sports!
All of a sudden I'm freaked out about going as it is all real now! We are buying one way tickets tonight! It does make sense in the long run. Agreed. We are heading to T.O. aswell. Well, Milton, Oakville, Mississauga area. We'll see. You heading downtown?

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Fantastic news everyone - so pleased things are moving!

We're in Oakville too! Love the 'burbs :) Our granddaughter is Canadian and what fantastic place to bring up children - there's so much for her to do even at the tender age of 2 (Birthday's on Friday)!! There's sooooo much for kids of all ages to do and I'm sure your daughter will love it - it'll be so exciting for her. Hopefully there'll be some snow for her to play in too!

Come on London, keep the good news coming!!

Well, sloping off to enjoy some more retired activities ie. pottering :) So HAPPY for everyone!!!!

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
We are in the same boat then! We booked our one-way tickets last week and I really felt sick to my stomach! We leave on the 29th of Feb (only have to be reminded of leaving London every 4 years ;) )

My family's in Guelph but we're planning on heading to downtown Toronto at first as it's good for my fiance's work and as I'm an actor, I'll move around regardless. I'll be auditioning for the Stratford Festival the first week of March so maybe there's nothing but good things for us over there!!! Fingers crossed!

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
WE GOT COPR THIS MORNING TOOOOOO!!!!! I'm sooo happy, one very long journey finally over!!! :D :D :D :D

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
YAY!!! Congrats!!! So much good news!!!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shudda said:
We are in the same boat then! We booked our one-way tickets last week and I really felt sick to my stomach! We leave on the 29th of Feb (only have to be reminded of leaving London every 4 years ;) )

My family's in Guelph but we're planning on heading to downtown Toronto at first as it's good for my fiance's work and as I'm an actor, I'll move around regardless. I'll be auditioning for the Stratford Festival the first week of March so maybe there's nothing but good things for us over there!!! Fingers crossed!
Feb. 29th....I am hoping that is the day my husband comes over...we are still waiting for his approval, so I am thinking maybe not.