+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to ask you guys that I will be having immigration interview in Stockholm office soon so if there is anyone in this forum who had interview in Stockholm who can tell me how long you have waited for an answer after the interview, i would appreciate that..

Thanks in advance

Yasiin

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pinklady said:
Mittens was asked to send in photocopies of all the pages of her passport, is this what they asked of your wife? Has she sent it off yet?

I said previously I sent my passport in via recorded mail, but I actually used Fedex, then received it back from CIC London by recorded delivery.
This is what I got. She hasn't sent it yet.

"As of December 1, 2011, applicants for permanent residence who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a permanent resident visa in their passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident. As you (and your dependents) hold passports from a visa exempt country, we only require a copy of the biographical (picture) pages of your passport(s) in order to issue a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which is the document required to seek admission to Canada as a permanent resident."

Biographical means the page with just the picture with all your information right? Just that one page and nothing else.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Yep I think so.

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
pinklady said:
Hi Lillia,
When did it change to decision made, Jan 8? Have you had any email correspondence from them in the past? I would give it a couple of weeks for a letter to arrive, then would send a case specific enquiry. So if you havent heard anything by say Jan 23, contact them.
I can provide a link to the case specific enquiry page if you need it?
Let me know.
hi pinklady i think my ecas changed on the 7th or the 8th jan,
yes we had an email from the chc london about 1 month ago asking us to send a copy of the csq (Quebec selection certificate), which we did.
i'll just wait until the 23rd jan, then i'll just contact them.
thank you.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
lillia123 said:
hi everyone im soooo scared i just had a look at my ecas and guss what it says.....
yes it says "A decision has been made on *******application. The office will contact ********concerning this decision.
please help me im going mad i dont kno if its going to be an approval or a rejection.
my ecas also says they started processing my application on the 3rd january 2012 and they have recieved my medicals results.
so what does this all mean please help me. :'(
don't panic!!! im sure it'll be good news!!! fingers crossed for you!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi Everyone!!

More good news from my end! The CIC have located my missing paperwork! So all i need to do is send the Right of Residence Fee Reciept! Very excited.

Does anyone know a timeline from receiving the payment to sending away my passport/or do we no longer send passports if we have a British passport?

P.S. I assume you get a resident card when you get to canada so you don't need to carry your passport around with you?

SO HAPPY!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stevo78x said:
Hi - am starting to worry - I sent my application from UK to Miss and I know it was delivered on 21st October but I have never heard anything - do you get any sort of confirmation and how long should I wait now its gone past my date. Who do I actually contact as its still in process I presume in Canada?

I haven't been able to log onto the eCAS system either with my or my sponsors details!

Im sure this has been asked by a million people before me - just need some advice/assurance!!

THANKS
Hey Stevo

Mine was received by them 24th October - sponsor approved 23rd Dec and I received the post on 3rd Jan - I was going to email them if I hadnt heard by the end of that week just to make sure it was there....I think now your past the 2 months you can definately contact them for information!

Good luck

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickydicky16 said:
P.S. I assume you get a resident card when you get to canada so you don't need to carry your passport around with you?
A driving license is usually used as ID, not a passport or PR card.
In any case, the PR card takes a while to arrive (by post) after you "land", the most common use for the PR card is with your passport, when re-entering Canada.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Hey everyone,

I have now entered the...check my application status everyday land!!!! Thats not going to drive me crazy at all is it...lol! :p

xxxxxx

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
lesleyaddy said:
Hey everyone,

I have now entered the...check my application status everyday land!!!! Thats not going to drive me crazy at all is it...lol! :p

xxxxxx
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ecas addicts!! I'm happy to say that we have completed the process and landed in May and my Ecas rehab therapy has worked very well!!! ;)
Good luck with your application, hope it goes through quickly xx

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Grr! Getting so frustrated with this wait now...

We were due for our sponsor approval after 68 long days of waiting, to find out on the eve of our highly anticipated 'good news day' that the processing time has gone up to 74 days!

It's like one step forward and two steps back :(

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
Louise86 said:

We were due for our sponsor approval after 68 long days of waiting, to find out on the eve of our highly anticipated 'good news day' that the processing time has gone up to 74 days!

Oh, this sucks...we're waiting as well for something literally any day now...I really hate this!!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louise86 said:

The increase I am sure is due to the holidays. Hang tough!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Louise86 said:

Yeah it is so frustating when that happens, when we were waiting for our sponsorship approval we would get within 2 days of the time frame that they said and then on the tuesday it would go up another few days. then some weeks it wouldnt move and you would think yay and then low and behold it changed on a wednesday or a thursday. :'(

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
eCAS has said "Decision Made" for several days now (apparently it was made on 4 January 2012), but neither my partner nor I have received an e-mail. We do, however, assume the result is positive.

Would it be crazy/stupid to send in what we know already they're going to ask for? We're on a tight timeline now--leaving the country in six weeks and won't be back until after my partner's medicals expire--so we want to speed things along. We figured that if they've already made a decision and we know exactly what documents they'll be needing from us, it can't hurt to send it in now, right?

Somebody tell me if this is the worst idea ever. We're so concerned about the timeline (we live in Canada and know it take 3-4 weeks to get COPR from the London VO, and we need time to flagpole before we leave)...