File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jayde said:
If you have your file number, that means it's in process doesn't it? My file number is an F#. I'd like to know what the significance is too. When did you get your file number... I never got a file number when it said my file was transferred... just today when I got the reply that we're in process.
Aah numbers... on the sponsorship approval letter my husband received (on January 18), there is a Client ID# (no letter, just numbers) This works with HIS info on ecas. The letter also has a Kit ID# (again, all numbers) Absolutely no idea what that is for...

My file number was on the AOR email I got on March 31 (#Fxxxxxxxxx) This works on ecas with MY info. The email also says Buffalo received my file on Jan 26! ::)

I don't think the AOR also means "you're in process" (but I could be wrong), because I've seen many others get both the AOR email and later an In Process email. Although lately it seems these In Process notifications are getting rare.

Also, respect to Rinnerz for the headless typing skills! :p

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
I'm so confused ???

I guess the best we can hope for is an IO that likes to update Ecas lol. But then, I'm not sure who said it and in which thread, but I remember reading someone's post where they said they'd rather have an IO that is working their butt off to process the file than an IO who takes all their day updating e-cas messages.

I'd say I have to agree, even though it kills me to check e-cas and not see a change lol.

oh I don't know what I want... I just want my husbands approval to come in. Yup... I'm confused.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
So what Is the AOR?All we got was a letter saying the sponsorship went thru and that our paperwork got sent to Buffalo and was recieved on Feb.24th.It has the Client ID # on It but we never recieved any emails from Buffalo saying they got our app or anything.Was wondering if we was suppose to?Jayde this is your American buddy by the way.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
amaranth said:
Aah numbers... on the sponsorship approval letter my husband received (on January 18), there is a Client ID# (no letter, just numbers) This works with HIS info on ecas. The letter also has a Kit ID# (again, all numbers) Absolutely no idea what that is for...
I posted about this back in the fall, but it's buried somewhere in the October 2010 thread now. The Kit ID number seems to be the number Mississauga attaches to the entire application package as a way to identify it. While Client ID's are only used within Canada, and immigration file numbers are only used by visa offices abroad, the Kit ID number serves as a way for, say, CPC-M to identify an application package when communicating with (or transferring it to) the overseas visa offices.

At least, that's all I could find on it back in the day.

Calgary-Bound said:
So what Is the AOR?All we got was a letter saying the sponsorship went thru and that our paperwork got sent to Buffalo and was recieved on Feb.24th.It has the Client ID # on It but we never recieved any emails from Buffalo saying they got our app or anything.Was wondering if we was suppose to?Jayde this is your American buddy by the way.
The AOR would be an official letter/email from Buffalo, saying that you're file is with them and giving you your immigration file number.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
We never recieved anything from Buffalo It just shows on ecas that they recieved it feb 24th.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
So Im assumeing this Is bad since they never notified us they recieved It?

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Calgary-Bound said:
So Im assumeing this Is bad since they never notified us they recieved It?
HEY!! HUGS!! :D I was wondering if I'd ever see you lurking around after I sent you this link :).

If e-cas shows that it's arrived in Buffalo, then it's there. When I phoned CIC (because I never received the letter they say they sent me), the guy told me that it's the same as the e-mail we received, basically just saying that my sponsor app was approved and that the file was transferred. I then got an e-mail stating the the file was received in Buffalo.

The only reason I have news that ours is being processed is because I pushed fora file number so I could send in our change of info.

We need to get together for dinner now that the hubby is here! The kids would all get along really well. Maybe you and your wife could come out to our place or something. Facebook me :)

KazInAz

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Phoenix Arizona
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1, 2011
Doc's Request.
Nothing further needed - March 12.
AOR Received.
March 3, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 14
LANDED..........
June 14
sorry for cross posting.....

My husband is picking up his visa in buffalo tomorrow. He just went over his paperwork to make sure he had everything in order when he came across something about having height and eye colour ready. What does thisd. mean? is it suppose to be written on the back of one of the photos? is it a separate page?

Any help would be appreciate
Thanks
Kaz

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
HEY!! HUGS!! :D I was wondering if I'd ever see you lurking around after I sent you this link :).

If e-cas shows that it's arrived in Buffalo, then it's there. When I phoned CIC (because I never received the letter they say they sent me), the guy told me that it's the same as the e-mail we received, basically just saying that my sponsor app was approved and that the file was transferred. I then got an e-mail stating the the file was received in Buffalo.

The only reason I have news that ours is being processed is because I pushed fora file number so I could send in our change of info.

We need to get together for dinner now that the hubby is here! The kids would all get along really well. Maybe you and your wife could come out to our place or something. Facebook me :)
I was getting worried there.Everyone talking about recieveing something from Buffalo and we never did.Yeah definately we will have to get together so we can meet your husband finaly.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
KazInAz said:
sorry for cross posting.....

My husband is picking up his visa in buffalo tomorrow. He just went over his paperwork to make sure he had everything in order when he came across something about having height and eye colour ready. What does thisd. mean? is it suppose to be written on the back of one of the photos? is it a separate page?

Any help would be appreciate
Thanks
Kaz
It can be either/or. Many people just write it on a separate sheet of paper. Others write on the back of one photo. As long as the info is THERE, you're good.

mommyk

Jan 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011 E-CAS states in process and medicals received
File Transfer...
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Passport Req..
22-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011, received 20/07/2011
LANDED..........
21/07/2011
I just noticed that our e-CAS changed today. Now when I log in under my info, it shows the sponsored person's (my husband) PR status as "In Process"

When I click on "In Process" it says;

"We received *name* application for permanent residence on April 7, 2011.

We started processing *name* application on June 10, 2011.

Medical results have been received."

However, when I try to log in using my husband's info, nothing comes up yet.
We just moved and the reason I was logging in was to change our address which I can't do because we still don't have a file number. So now I am nervous that they mailed something that won't ever get to us. Does anyone know if they are emailing instead of mailing due to the postal strike? We have not received any emails as of yet.

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
From looking at past messages, it appears that ecas in the past last year (before the new computer system) updated on Tuesdays. So my guess is that in the next few days you should be able to log onto your husbands in process.

From what I understand the applicant's medicals received is different than the sponsor's medicals received. I don't know whether they are doing things different with new computer system. By looking at people's past posts, when applicants medical is received, there is usually up to two week delay before ppr, am I right? Is it correct that they will put medicals received on the applicants ecas only after they have finished background check?

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
avon said:
From looking at past messages, it appears that ecas in the past last year (before the new computer system) updated on Tuesdays. So my guess is that in the next few days you should be able to log onto your husbands in process.
This is actually somewhat of a myth/misconception. matthewc, the creator of the eCAS Tracker, determined statistically that eCAS can actually update any day of the week -- and many of us have experienced this firsthand. So while the chances of an update might be higher on Tuesdays, you could technically get one any day of the week.

From what I understand the applicant's medicals received is different than the sponsor's medicals received. I don't know whether they are doing things different with new computer system. By looking at people's past posts, when applicants medical is received, there is usually up to two week delay before ppr, am I right? Is it correct that they will put medicals received on the applicants ecas only after they have finished background check?
No. Very often eCAS won't even ever update to say medicals are received at all. Those who do get this update have gotten it early, halfway through, or later on during the process. There's not really any consistency with it at all. And just to realize how unreliable it is: the actual medicals are normally received pretty early on by the visa office, before the background check even. As an example, my CAIPS notes showed my medicals were likely received very early on (the actual date is in September...), but as of the date of my notes (4 months after being in process), there was no sign of the background check having been done.

Short answer: an eCAS update about medicals (if you even get one) is not an indicator of how soon you might get PPR.

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
It is good that someone on this site knows a lot more than me.... :) :)

@ Rinnerz - so on average background checks take roughly 47 days, and are transmitted electronically so the postal strike shouldn't affect them. It does seem random by looking at people past experiences whether this is going to be a slow or fast process. In fact, reading some of the histories for long background checks were for people that were young, 1 marriage, american citizen, no criminal convictions. Is there a place where they start security checks, so we can kind of have a clue, not that it matters very much. ie. right after starting in process. I wish they would start background checks upon receiving the applications.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
avon said:
It is good that someone on this site knows a lot more than me.... :) :)

@ Rinnerz - so on average security checks take roughly 47 days, and are transmitted electronically so the postal strike shouldn't affect them. It does seem random by looking at people past experiences whether this is going to be a slow or fast process. In fact, reading some of the histories for long security checks were for people that were young, 1 marriage, american citizen, no criminal convictions. Is there a place where they start security checks, so we can kind of have a clue, not that it matters very much. ie. right after starting in process. I wish they would start security checks upon receiving the applications.
As far as I know, background and security checks are usually the final step. They're not done until the initial paper screening is completed, medicals received, relationship assessed, etc. The only catch to this is, well, you'd consider part of the relationship assessment to be the interview (for those who need one), but often times people who have a successful interview at Buffalo get their PR visa that same day, or very soon afterwards. That would seem to indicate that the background and security checks aren't always done AFTER the need (or lack thereof) for an interview is determined.

"Random" is right :p.