File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
Hi Peeps- can someone shed some light as to what the email for PPR looks like i.e subject and from address - i don't want my spam remover to accidentally delete ;D

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Hi Guys,
I applied on first week of Oct. My security clearance (Police Report) expired last week and still no call from visa office. Do I have to take any action? Medical valid for another 3 months.
My visa office is in Colombo, Sri lanka.

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
watnxt said:
Hi Guys,
I applied on first week of Oct. My security clearance (Police Report) expired last week and still no call from visa office. Do I have to take any action? Medical valid for another 3 months.
My visa office is in Colombo, Sri lanka.
No, just wait until they tell you what's to follow...easier this way then trying to do everything yourself and send them a bunch of files.. could get messy!

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Aaaand, received the Receipt for the payment to Mississauga, where it was stated that they had notified Detroit, so now I'm only waiting for the PPR...

To those who have already received it, does that come to Applicant or to sponsor, and did you get it by EMAIL, propr to getting the mailed one??

CHeers
H.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Obviously I haven't received it yet, but it seems to always go to the applicant -- and it can be either email, snail mail, or (rarely) both.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
And being that it is a whole TWO hours by car, it will probably take 2 weeks by snail mail...

And to Rinnerz, thanks!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I (the applicant) got PPR by email. I have not received anything in the mail yet. The end of the email address was:
@international.gc.ca

It had my file number and name in the subject line of the email (and it did not go to my spam box).

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed last night at an airport and have spent the day going around getting my SIN, starting the process of importing my car, and registering for health insurance. Remarkably, all has been very smooth and very quick- it's really surprising and wonderful!

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
QCSunshine said:
I landed last night at an airport and have spent the day going around getting my SIN, starting the process of importing my car, and registering for health insurance. Remarkably, all has been very smooth and very quick- it's really surprising and wonderful!
congartulation for ur landing QCsunshine ,, hope u get new great life in canada with ur spouse ,, and wishing i am the next :)

so QCshunshine .. can u gve u ur experinve about papers work and all steps u did since u got in canada airport ,, this well be awesome from u thx so much

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82,

Well, when one lands, one needs to have the list of all goods/belongings they are bringing in and any to follow. This is a tedious process if one is bringing in a lot of stuff. One has to list things and attach values to what is being brought in. This list would include a car, if one is bringing a car. (In my case, I had already declared everything when I came in the first time with a work permit, so my process was slightly different. I still had to declare my car as "goods to follow" though, since I came in at an airport and the car was already in Canada and I needed to import it so it can stay permanently in Canada.) When you land, you would need the COPR, passport, and the list of goods (B4) which, if you will be bringing a car, needs the VIN number. After PPR, when you get your visa and COPR, the visa office should provide an explanation of what you need to know to land or links of where to find that information online. (i.e. Don't sign the COPR until you are actually landing and the officer tells you to sign it.) The actual permanent residence card comes in the mail in about 6 weeks or so, they said.

After landing, to get a SIN, one just needs to go to a Service Canada office with the COPR and passport. The process was easy and took me about 20 minutes. They gave me my SIN, and said the official card will come in the mail later.

One of the most important things to do is to register for health insurance coverage. I would do this on your first day as a PR, if you can. This process differs by province, so to find out how to do this, I would suggest calling your provincial health system in advance, so you are ready when the time comes. One probably needs the passport, COPR, proof of residency (electricity bill perhaps?), etc. I went in person to the local office to register. While there, they took my photo for my card (which was $8 in my province), and I will get my card in the mail, after the waiting period. (Quebec has a 3 month waiting period before the health coverage begins; not all provinces have a waiting period.)

Cars: If you have a car and are driving across a border to land, I think the car gets imported right then, at the border. Since I flew in, and had my car already in Canada, I had to go to the CBSA/customs office in my town with the form they gave me at the airport (listing my car), my passport, copy of my COPR, and VIN number and car model info (they wanted to know the date the car was manufactured, which is marked inside the car door). I imported it at customs and then will need to go in the next 45 days to get it checked for safety at the place they told me to take it, switch the plates to Canadian plates, get Canadian car insurance (and then stop my U.S. car insurance), and get a Canadian drivers license (which seems to be an easy switch, since I have a U.S. drivers license). There will be some fees/taxes to pay to do all this. So still a number of things to do in the next days/weeks...

I think that is about it. There are also some good, informative threads on here about landing (and landing by car), which might also be helpful as you look ahead to the next steps.

Good luck!

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Still nothing, mind you it's sunday sothat is to be expected... lol
Anyways, just wanted to bring this back to page one!
Cheers
The Hal

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Adding another bump to keep this up here...

Still nothing...
H.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just finished up the car importing process. There were a number of steps and the process is not too clear from the beginning (at least in cases where you land at an airport and your car is already in Canada), but each place I went to told me the next thing to do and finally I got my new Quebec plates today! I will need to take care of switching my drivers license in the coming weeks/months. (This will take longer since I want to get my driver's history from where I lived before since it will get added into my record here and will reduce the insurance costs...)

I am rooting for all my fellow October people....

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Aaaaaaannndd!

TheHal did receive some great news today!!

I received an email today around 4pm, after I emailed Detroit on a "concern" due to the postal strike, and the reply was my RPP!!

I'm going to Detroit on Monday morning!!

Cheers all!
H.