File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
yep, all waiting sucks. Challenging for sure. That's our karma to deal with it. The best way is surely by accepting it's out of our hands for now and focusing on something else... so she says as while desperately searching forums on processing times in Sydney ;-)

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:
yep, all waiting sucks. Challenging for sure. That's our karma to deal with it. The best way is surely by accepting it's out of our hands for now and focusing on something else... so she says as while desperately searching forums on processing times in Sydney ;-)
I wish I could visit Australia. I'd spend the next couple months exploring the continent, and time would surely fly by!

Are you going to miss Australia? I've spoken to many Aussies who have moved to America, and they don't miss it. I guess certain jobs are really hard to come by there, and given that Australia is a rather large island, it's somewhat easy to feel "trapped".

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
yes travel around this great country would be the perfect way to pass the time. If I only had oodles of cash to spare I would do so in a heartbeat.

I think I'll miss this place, I mean I grew up here but I'd lived abroad for about 10 years and feel I identify more with the northern hemisphere. No matter which way I look at it or try and justify it another way, Canada just feels like home.

The job market seems ok here, and some rates of pay are actually better. Canadian hubby works as a chef and is paid nearly 50% more here for in Oz his efforts. But the housing market... now that's another story. I saw a recent annual housing affordability survey and Melbourne (unsurprisingly) ranks as extremely unnafordable, comparitive to Calgary (where we intend to relocate). The standard of living, although good in Australia, will be better for our lifestyle in Canada too. I miss being close to the Rockies, the rivers, lakes, mountains and the 4 seasons, particularly the complete body shock of winter, the splatter of colour in the fall and short burst of summer (that no one takes for granted!).

I found an interesting link on my search this morning, don't know if you've already seen it, can be helpful in spying on timelines... http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Pharoh said:
This sucks.

(sorry, someone had to say it)
I tend to agree with you Pharoh. I was doing okay with the wait until recently. Might have something to do with the fact that we have found a house that we want to buy and can't until we get this approval through. Now I am really getting restless waiting....waiting...waiting....

I trolled through the boards yesterday and came up with a comparison chart of all London applicants trying to get some idea of timelines of everyone. Of the ones that have received a PPR, the average waiting time was 99 days (102 over the xmas period) We are sitting at 97 days and Ecas still does not show us in process. Of course there are some that are in the 130 days area as well with no word. Frustrating!!!! :(

bumbledbee

Nov 23, 2010
Scotland, soon to be Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
I know EXACTLY how you feel Jen. I've been checking the London thread like everyday to see when people are getting their PPRs too. I feel lke the first few weeks of March are going to bring us good things!
At least in Nova Scotia at the moment the weather is kind of rubbish. It might mean that people aren't out house hunting. So your house might be safe for now! My husband and I have our eyes on a house too, but it's the same story. We can't do anything about it until the visa comes.
Also, I'venoticed on the london thread that the time from In Progress to Decision Made is very short. Like a few days.

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Hi Bumbledbee

The waiting is hard especially when it feels like your life is on hold and you just can't follow through with any plans you try and make!! You are right about the weather and it is in our favour at the moment. The house we want is out in the country and has a very long driveway, up a hill. The house is also empty so no one has removed any of the snow. I have seen a picture of the driveway taken on Sunday and the only way up it is in a tractor or snowshoes!!! lol My parents have been in touch with the real estate agent and they are going to visit the house once they can get to it. They can let the snow melt for all I care...gives us more time to get this visa....hopefully!! At least I know if my parents can't go and see the house, nor can anyone else!!

Scares me though looking at some of the people from the September group still waiting and they are getting close to 140 days!! Yikes, please Mr Visa man....be kind to us all!!!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Jen85 said:
I tend to agree with you Pharoh. I was doing okay with the wait until recently. Might have something to do with the fact that we have found a house that we want to buy and can't until we get this approval through. Now I am really getting restless waiting....waiting...waiting....

I trolled through the boards yesterday and came up with a comparison chart of all London applicants trying to get some idea of timelines of everyone. Of the ones that have received a PPR, the average waiting time was 99 days (102 over the xmas period) We are sitting at 97 days and Ecas still does not show us in process. Of course there are some that are in the 130 days area as well with no word. Frustrating!!!! :(
Hi Jen,

I believe some Londoners have gotten PPR without their eCas ever updating (or in some cases, ever even working!). Try and keep your chin up. It's something we all must try and do.

I have to say, if I were in the UK, I'd be having a blast touring around the country and continent. I used to live in Germany, and on the weekends, you could drive to France or Belgium or The Netherlands or Switzerland - really anywhere! All the countries have different architecture, history, languages, people, food, drinks, etc.

Is it possible for you to maybe take a few weekend trips somewhere, while you wait for this ordeal to be over? It'd give you something to be excited about in the meantime!

If you're in the UK, you could take the ferry over to Ireland. I found Ireland to be very therapeutic when I visited, and the atmosphere is very friendly/relaxed.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
Ahh I see we're all in the restless waiting phase right now. Can totally relate with all of you.. The other day there was a seat sale at Westjet and I wanted to get tickets for hubby and I to go to the Bahamas for a belated honeymoon, but then I have no way of knowing when he will be here and when we can go on the trip so I passed. little things like that make me feel like i'm no longer in control of anything in my life!

What sucks the most I think for me is not just the waiting, it's that 90% of my friends are married and they all have their other halves with them. Everytime I see them they are all over eachother and the first thing people ask me when they meet me even for a cup of coffee is "so when is ur hubby getting here?" and my answer is "i wish i knew"

And yeah our lives are on hold and we're spending the first year of our marriage apart... only good thing is that we appreciate each other sooooo much more now!

So i think cootos to us guys! Most of our relationships are being tested thanks to the distance/uncertainty and I think after reading this forum, most of us have pulled through :) This process really has been a test of of my marriage and i'm proud to say that i'm passing! woot woot!! hehehe..

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Pharoh said:
Hi Jen,

I believe some Londoners have gotten PPR without their eCas ever updating (or in some cases, ever even working!). Try and keep your chin up. It's something we all must try and do.

I have to say, if I were in the UK, I'd be having a blast touring around the country and continent. I used to live in Germany, and on the weekends, you could drive to France or Belgium or The Netherlands or Switzerland - really anywhere! All the countries have different architecture, history, languages, people, food, drinks, etc.

Is it possible for you to maybe take a few weekend trips somewhere, while you wait for this ordeal to be over? It'd give you something to be excited about in the meantime!

If you're in the UK, you could take the ferry over to Ireland. I found Ireland to be very therapeutic when I visited, and the atmosphere is very friendly/relaxed.
Would love to but can't really afford to be travelling too much. Europe isn't the cheapest place to tour around. I would love to see Ireland though and I am actually quite sad I haven't had a chance to visit when I am so close!

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Pharoh said:
Hi Jen,

Hey Pharoh, i just got a really nice note from Jen85, she is referring to me, Rob and mmhughes - sadly we are the people sitting in a black hole waiting!

It will happen tho!

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Patiently waiting It definitely WILL happen! I will be pleased to see you and the others from the Sept thread get your PPR! It just means we are getting that bit closer...and frees up another immigration officer to take on another case! lol No, honestly, it is horrible waiting with your life in limbo especially when you see others getting theirs and you are left on the shelf...so to speak. I am sure your patience will be rewarded!!

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
I WANT MY WIFE'S QUEBEC APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I can mail it with her passort to Beijing and then at least the process can stat to move forward. I need to be out of China in less then 6 months and it takes about 6 months for Beijing to make a decision and they haven't even started to look at our file without this approval. :( :( :(

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Things seem to be picking up in October...can't be too long now guys! I get excited everytime I see another PPR in October (Esp London office) as it is getting that bit closer to us!! Come on!!!!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Jen85 said:
Things seem to be picking up in October...can't be too long now guys! I get excited everytime I see another PPR in October (Esp London office) as it is getting that bit closer to us!! Come on!!!!
I hate the London office. Why is every office faster than Buffalo? :'(