Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
My fiancées COPR arrived today! It was in a package along with all our pictures and bank statements that they decided to return! Only problem was the entire package was destroyed and everything in it was wet! Canada post had to out it all in a plastic bag with a printed apology on it.

So our COPR is sitting near the heater drying out.

We are going to buffalo on Saturday to flagpole and hope its a s,oath process. Any advice on what documents we need to take?

Good luck to everyone else and I hope your process is a s quick as our has been

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
thanks! it was through australia post. they gave us a tracking number that didn't work so we couldn't track it at all. it was registered though so we had to sign for it at the post office. they sent it from australia December 17th and we received it yesterday january 10th

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
That is great news Figgy!! Congrats.

Good luck with the flagpoling. Let us know how you make out.

sam_can

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
figgy said:
thanks! it was through australia post. they gave us a tracking number that didn't work so we couldn't track it at all. it was registered though so we had to sign for it at the post office. they sent it from australia December 17th and we received it yesterday january 10th
OMG!!

AUS POST website shows maximum 10 working days for Register post to be delivered in Canada then why 22 days!!

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-letter.html

My wife is in USA now, we submitted passport for TRV, and I expect CIC Sydney to send it back on Monday , we need that passport back in USA before FEB 5th otherwise my wife visa US visa will get expire , but looking at AUS register post delays I am very nervous

Any way to handle this?

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
sam_can said:
OMG!!

AUS POST website shows maximum 10 working days for Register post to be delivered in Canada then why 22 days!!

My wife is in USA now, we submitted passport for TRV, and I expect CIC Sydney to send it back on Monday , we need that passport back in USA before FEB 5th otherwise my wife visa US visa will get expire , but looking at AUS register post delays I am very nervous

Any way to handle this?
That's not a maximum, that's a guideline.

I have no idea how to handle your situation sorry.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
sam_can said:
OMG!!

Any way to handle this?
Figgy's CoPR was sent just before Christmas so that was probably a factor in the delay. Also, based on the destroyed box and apology letter something obviously went wrong and that would have also caused a delay.

From what I read in my email from Sydney CIC they send the CoPR by REGULAR, not REGISTERED post. As they are not returning a passport they probably try to reduce their mail costs for other documents. If you sent the actual passport for a TRV then they may return it by a different method.

sam_can

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
rachiy said:
Figgy's CoPR was sent just before Christmas so that was probably a factor in the delay. Also, based on the destroyed box and apology letter something obviously went wrong and that would have also caused a delay.

From what I read in my email from Sydney CIC they send the CoPR by REGULAR, not REGISTERED post. As they are not returning a passport they probably try to reduce their mail costs for other documents. If you sent the actual passport for a TRV then they may return it by a different method.
Hi
Thanks for the positive note

We also email them yesterday to inform that we need PP back on time, hopefully they understand !!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the rainbow bridge in Niagara Falls to do his "landing" from getting to the USA border until becoming officially a PR at the Canada side it took 1 hr and 20 mins.

Pulled up to the USA border he asked for our passports my partner said he was landing as a pr the guy gave him a small piece of paper told us to park, go inside the building up to second floor and the passports would be up there waiting for us.

Got upstairs to a big room with about 6 couples waiting they called out names and we waited about 15 mins for our to be called we were then told to go back to the first floor and wait. We were joined by 3 other couples doing the same as us. Our names were called and we were all told to bring the cars to the front door, once there he directed us to a gate, we pulled up to the gate the agent came over gave us our passports and a refusal of entry to the USA for my partner, the gate opened and went straight through the gates to go back to Canada.

***** note to anyone doing this you have to pay $3.25 cash to leave the USA ****

Got to Canada customs agent who gave us a yellow card and told us to present it inside with copr and passports. Parked at Canada border and were told to join the big line that wasn't a line at all just a bunch of people standing around there was no order and was very disorganized. Anyway an agency came around and collected everyone's yellow card and passport. We sat for a while then got called up and asked to confirm name address and that I was sponsor and told to sit again.... Another 10 mins and then asked to sign COPR. He took the copy that had the photo and the other was stapled into my partners passport . He said pr card would arrive 4-6 weeks and to keep the COPR safe as we will need it when he applies for citizenship. And that his 1.5 yrs in Canada Already will count as 9 months towards citizenship.... So he can get that in 2 yrs 3 months!!!!!

That was it! Very easy! They didn't ask for anything except passport and COPR and the whole process was less than 1.5 hrs it was just the amount of other people that made it take that long.

I hope everyone else has such an easy process and I wish u all luck!!!!

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
torontobound2012 said:
Hi there, We received our AOR from Mississauga on Jan 12th. Could you pelase add that to the spreadsheet?
Cheers!
Spreadsheet is open for everyone to update now. You can do it yourself if you are familiar with formulas etc. I just updated your AOR status :).

Regards,

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Thanks mrlahori!

Thanks for sharing Figgy! Sounds easy enough. I have flag-poled twice for other reasons and found the process really simple and easy and the most nerve-racking part was dealing with the grumpy USA border guys! The Canadian guys were awesome and really funny. One was asking me about my summer plans and when I mentioned my bf and I like to camp he told me to watch out as things happen in tents on long summers nights and thats how he ended up with children!!

I hope to be going back to that border crossing on the next few weeks to land. Bring on CoPR!!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Too funny, rachiy!
I love the immigration officers who have a good sense of humour! When I went to Canada for a holiday in 2011 I had a funny (and clearly blind) Canadian immigration officer at the airport tell me I look like Katie Perry... Bahahaha furtherest thing from it In my opinion, except maybe hair colour!

Also - just wanted everyone to know I got my PPR! It arrived via email, so I sent the Appendix B and dodgily scanned passport via PDF (Managed to get both to 2.1MB)

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here!

8) 8) 8)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
What?!?! How did you get yours to 2.1mb???? Maybe I am just too impatient lol. I wasn't having a great day with my printer/scanner when I got my email, so I guess I was a little less tolerant than I should have been. It didn't help that my scanner forgot what it was doing at page 48 of my 50 page passport and went into hibernation mode.

Anyway, that's great news Bagel!! What are your landing plans?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Haha rachiy- believe me- i am the world's most impatient person whe. It comes to scanning/technology/ anything you have to plug in!!
I used My work scanner and did all 35 pages black and white (not even greyscale- more like a fax!) except for the biopage which I did in colour! It took forever and the photocopier is right outside the boss's office, and he started getting annoyed with all the beeping. He ended up coming out in a huff and tried to 'show me' how to use the scanner because he thought I was attempting to do the same page over and over again... Haha little did he know! Entire thing ended up being only 1. something mb, but i also inserted the appendix b into the same pdf (opened it inphotoshop, typed all the info, then resaved as a pdf). It didn't mention anything about quality of the copies- but you can (kind of) read the passport number on each page and see that there are no passport stamps, so fingers crossed!

Dawndarkharp- definitely write a case specific enquiry- it couldn't hurt!!