+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Check eluta.ca not many people know about this site but you can find what u are looking for based on employer type, eg top 30 or 100 employers in your province of choice or Canada, get details on what they offer to employees etc. this lists all job openings from other recruiting sites as well as from company sites directly.

U can apply for a job now just make sure you write your status and details in the covering letter.

kannadiga said:
@ all

What are the current job prospects in canada for Software Engineers? Can one apply for job before getting PR or one has to apply only after getting PR?

How to apply? Any particular websites?

Thanks in advance

gursikhphysio

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
4-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-09-2015
Med's Request
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
May 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 7th 2016
LANDED..........
June 21st 2016
kannadiga said:
@ all

What are the current job prospects in canada for Software Engineers? Can one apply for job before getting PR or one has to apply only after getting PR?

How to apply? Any particular websites?

Thanks in advance
You have to go for credentialling and the exams for your license as engineering is a regulated profession in Canada. If you have your license, there are lot of jobs available.

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
singhson said:
Check eluta.ca not many people know about this site but you can find what u are looking for based on employer type, eg top 30 or 100 employers in your province of choice or Canada, get details on what they offer to employees etc. this lists all job openings from other recruiting sites as well as from company sites directly.

U can apply for a job now just make sure you write your status and details in the covering letter.
Thanks singhson.

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
gursikhphysio said:
You have to go for credentialling and the exams for your license as engineering is a regulated profession in Canada. If you have your license, there are lot of jobs available.
Well I have started the process of credential evaluation at WES. Can you provide some more info on exams and license???

Thanks

Rangagal

Feb 6, 2012
Hi Everybody,
I applied PR for my wife on Oct 28,2011 and received file number and sponsorship approval letter on Jan 20,2012 and She received passport request email on Feb 02, 2012. She is staying with me on Visitor visa and she is now 3 months pregnant and our doctor advised not to travel now. I understand that the Indian passport should not be sent across the countries. So I sent Ecas enquiry about this to New Delhi office . But no reply so far.

Now My question is

1. Is there any time limit to send the passport to New Delhi office?
2. In general,In most of the cases, How long will it take to issue PR visa after submitting the passport?

Thanks

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Singhson

Gmennnnnn Rule!!!!!!! Yes I did!!! It was such an intense game, at one point I thought we had been defeated by Brady and his crew but then again, it's never over til' the buzzer says 0!!

Did you watch it??? I loved Madonna's performance!! Yes and it's a start to a great week!

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
I don't think software engineers needs licence to work...

Its for other engineers.

gursikhphysio

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
4-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-09-2015
Med's Request
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
May 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 7th 2016
LANDED..........
June 21st 2016
kannadiga said:
Well I have started the process of credential evaluation at WES. Can you provide some more info on exams and license???

Thanks
Well i am not sure if WES would help. Here is the procedure in Alberta

Contact APEGGA - (The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta)

Website - http://www.apegga.com/

They will asses the credentials. They have a list of colleges and university that they accept. If your credentials are upto their standard, then you have to write one or two exams - 1- Basics 2 Fundamentals in Engineering - They might give you an exemption on basic exam if you have really good credentials. If you fall short in credentials then you have to do courses and then write these two exams. Once you have cleared these exams you will get Engineer Under Training designation. After 4 years of E U T then you will be an independent engineer.P.Eng

Most of the international engineers i know, go for a different route. They will do their masters here and then get their license.

@ Vengat - If you are a Engineer, you have to write a exam and then get your license. It is the same process for any regulated profession -phycians, accountant etc

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@md
yup i did. its priceless to watch hockey games and football games with my mom. she is very passionate. she knows more about CFL than NFL so it was fun updating her on small differences in rules between two leagues.
madonna's performance was sweet. i think everyone knew it would be a close game. the hail mary pass at the end was pretty close, new england almost took it away. it was a fun game to watch.

did you catch up on any of the commercials yet?
mapledreams said:
@ Singhson

Gmennnnnn Rule!!!!!!! Yes I did!!! It was such an intense game, at one point I thought we had been defeated by Brady and his crew but then again, it's never over til' the buzzer says 0!!

Did you watch it??? I loved Madonna's performance!! Yes and it's a start to a great week!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
for software you don;t need to be part of acredited organization such as APEGGA to work but it is wise to be part of them as it will help you in your serach provided you are moving in alberta, each provice has its own governing body for engineers. just google it.

plus this site can direct you to different resources/sites
http://www.cic.gc.ca/new

kannadiga said:

Thanks

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ singhson

I don't know too much of the technical aspect of the game, although I know that there are 4 downs before a touchdown, etc.. so I'm still learning since I am more of an NBA fan , die hard LA Lakers!! Wow, your mom probably knows more than me too! Haha!

I didn't get to see the commercials except the H&M ad with Beckham! Haha! That, I couldn't have missed!

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
gursikhphysio said:
Well i am not sure if WES would help. Here is the procedure in Alberta

Contact APEGGA - (The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta)

Website - http://www.apegga.com/

They will asses the credentials. They have a list of colleges and university that they accept. If your credentials are upto their standard, then you have to write one or two exams - 1- Basics 2 Fundamentals in Engineering - They might give you an exemption on basic exam if you have really good credentials. If you fall short in credentials then you have to do courses and then write these two exams. Once you have cleared these exams you will get Engineer Under Training designation. After 4 years of E U T then you will be an independent engineer.P.Eng

Most of the international engineers i know, go for a different route. They will do their masters here and then get their license.

@ Vengat - If you are a Engineer, you have to write a exam and then get your license. It is the same process for any regulated profession -phycians, accountant etc
Thanks for the info. I will be moving to Toronto. And WES is associated with Ontario province. Is there any other organization for Ontario?
Yes you are right, having a canadian degree will be helpful in getting a job.
Are you sure that software engineers fall under regulated profession?

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
singhson said:
for software you don;t need to be part of acredited organization such as APEGGA to work but it is wise to be part of them as it will help you in your serach provided you are moving in alberta, each provice has its own governing body for engineers. just google it.

plus this site can direct you to different resources/sites
http://www.cic.gc.ca/new
thanks for the info. :)

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
I am a software engineer in Toronto, I didnt write any exams not get accredited by any licensing authorities ;D

But if you want to practice as an engineer then you should get certified. I don't think software engineering is a field that requires private practicing like other fields.