AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
I have a quick question for those who have had medical or are having medical at IOM migration health assessment centres in Nigeria.
Under Visa Type (Section 2) of the registration form, Spousal Sponsorship is not one of the options. Under Other, should we put Permanent Residence?
Or is it Settlement and Dependent Visa?

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Reactions: LeaAmbrose

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Perfect, thanks.

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone
I have a question

is it advisable to order for GCMS notes when there’s already Decision Made on PA’s side?

maybe it can speed things up or to get to know why they haven’t asked for Passport.
Thanks for your input

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hi everyone
I have a question

is it advisable to order for GCMS notes when there’s already Decision Made on PA’s side?

maybe it can speed things up or to get to know why they haven’t asked for Passport.
Thanks for your input
Personally, I don't think requesting GCMS will expedite the process. However, it doesn't hurt to order your GCMS notes to find out what's the hold up in PPR.
Please note it can take 1 month + to receive your GCMS, and who knows, in between waiting you may just receive your PPR.
Are you the PA? If so, check your email; spam/junk mail, inbox - have your Sponsor do the same, and GCKey account - to see if any correspondence was sent.
But if it were up to me, I would wait til next week, if nothing, I would send a direct email to AVO.
Decision was made for you on the 24th of June, right? I'm sure you can wait one more week. If not, send AVO a direct email.
That's my input.

Reactions: Midepearls

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Personally, I don't think requesting GCMS will expedite the process. However, it doesn't hurt to order your GCMS notes to find out what's the hold up in PPR.
Please note it can take 1 month + to receive your GCMS, and who knows, in between waiting you may just receive your PPR.
Are you the PA? If so, check your email; spam/junk mail, inbox - have your Sponsor do the same, and GCKey account - to see if any correspondence was sent.
But if it were up to me, I would wait til next week, if nothing, I would send a direct email to AVO.
Decision was made for you on the 24th of June, right? I'm sure you can wait one more week. If not, send AVO a direct email.
That's my input.
Thank you so much
I really appreciate
I will try wait one more week and order gcms or better still send a mail to AVO
I sent them mail last week, no response from them

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Thank you so much
I really appreciate
I will try wait one more week and order gcms or better still send a mail to AVO
I sent them mail last week, no response from them
I also wanted to add, get your spouse to contact MP, so they can follow up too! AVO is sleeping on your PPR, somebody needs to wake them up. Sigh, they seriously need to do better. However, I'm hopeful you'll hear some good news! Hang in there!!

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
I also wanted to add, get your spouse to contact MP, so they can follow up too! AVO is sleeping on your PPR, somebody needs to wake them up. Sigh, they seriously need to do better. However, I'm hopeful you'll hear some good news! Hang in there!!
Thank you :)
I will definitely tell my husband to contact his MP again, it was contacting the MP that brought about DM I guess...

Reactions: Akissi18

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi everyone
I have a question

Thanks for your input
Not sure if you already contacted your MP, but this what I would do in your position, if exceeded a year. I don't know but feel the GCMS NOTES are basically for detailed enquiry on the file but don't know if it actually speeds it up. But from previous chats on this thread abt 2 pple got their files worked on via MP's influence.

But as Akissi18 said am sure you would be in the next invite as they haven't sent PPR's since last month so I think whether this month or next month I think you would be in the next set or next 2 prolly this month or next month.

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Not sure if you already contacted your MP, but this what I would do in your position, if exceeded a year. I don't know but feel the GCMS NOTES are basically for detailed enquiry on the file but don't know if it actually speeds it up. But from previous chats on this thread abt 2 pple got their files worked on via MP's influence.

But as Akissi18 said am sure you would be in the next invite as they haven't sent PPR's since last month so I think whether this month or next month I think you would be in the next set or next 2 prolly this month or next month.
I guess waiting it out is it. Thank you so much

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Hi,
Please I am new to the group and would like some insights.

I am sponsoring my spouse (Outland Application) and our Application was later transferred to Accra Visa Office for final processing.

The online tool is updated to "Decision Made" sometime this week and now the new information says "We started processing his application on 6th July, 2021". I already received my eligibility to sponsor him in Feb 2021, he did his biometrics in May 2021 and his medicals says received since June 6th (can't remb exact dates) He received the pre-arrival email on 13th July 202.

Please I would like to know:
1) Any idea of the timeline to receive a request to submit passport where PR shows decision made and the pre-arrival letter sent?

2) Is it advisable to send his passport via courier to Accra VO when PPR is issued or via VFS? And any idea how long it could typically take for passport to be returned? And is it true that you can't send directly to AVO?

Thanks for any response received.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi,

I am sponsoring my spouse (Outland Application) and our Application was later transferred to Accra Visa Office for final processing.

The online tool is updated to "Decision Made" sometime this week and now the new information says "We started processing his application on 6th July, 2021". I already received my eligibility to sponsor him in Feb 2021, he did his biometrics in May 2021 and his medicals says received since June 6th (can't remb exact dates) He received the pre-arrival email on 13th July 202.

1) Any idea of the timeline to receive a request to submit passport where PR shows decision made and the pre-arrival letter sent?

2) Is it advisable to send his passport via courier to Accra VO when PPR is issued or via VFS? And any idea how long it could typically take for passport to be returned? And is it true that you can't send directly to AVO?

Yhup hopefully some relevant answers might come from this thread.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hi,

@Nneji first of all CONGRATS on your decision made!!

I'll share with you insight based on my findings on previous applicants involvement with AVO, I stand corrected if any of the information provided is inaccurate.

1) it's hard to determine a timeline to when your spouse will receive PPR. I have seen cases where applicants receive PPR same day or within' the same week, and a recent case where @Midepearls has been waiting for PPR for almost a month (DM on June 24 and still waiting).

I encourage you to continue to wait, you're almost approaching the end of this journey.

2) When PPR requested you must send it via courier of your choice, or via VFS. A lot of applicants have used DHL's services. Please note: applicants in Nigeria don't have access to prepaid envelope, but applicants in Ghana do.

If your spouse is in Nigeria he'll have to wait for PUM (pick up mail), and then make arrangements with DHL to have his passport picked up.

As for a timeline for passport to be returned, it depends on when he receives PUM. Timeline for PUM can be two weeks to a month, sometimes a little over a month. However, once he receives PUM - if he's in Nigeria, he can immediately make arrangements with DHL for pick up.

3) I don't think so. When I submitted our application package I included a prepaid envelope for our pictures to be returned, but I highly doubt I'll get it back. It's all good though.

I hope this helps!