+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

buckshot11

Mar 16, 2017
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
I am very new here but sure need advise. My wife and I applied on April 2017 and had my medical on October 6th. Since then, we haven’t heard anything from the AVO. We sent couple of emails but got response that we are on queue. What steps do you think we can take again because the wait is frustrating. Is it polite to write the minister now? Will appreciate your response. Thanks and God bless

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
I am very new here but sure need advise. My wife and I applied on April 2017 and had my medical on October 6th. Since then, we haven’t heard anything from the AVO. We sent couple of emails but got response that we are on queue. What steps do you think we can take again because the wait is frustrating. Is it polite to write the minister now? Will appreciate your response. Thanks and God bless
There are a few of us from April (me included) that haven't heard yet. We will get there. Just be patient.

Reactions: Cei325

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I was hoping we would hear some significant news from Accra today... *sighs* I have never seen a more lousy VO before. I pray this week won't be like the previous weeks.

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
Im a March 8th applicant did medicals in august and havnt heard back from them. Myself and my husband have decided to send mails and call missisauga everyday till they respond. Fingers crossed for positive response

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Thought I should share, started this journey with this applicant from another visa office behold this timeline:

Hello,

VO office: Sri Lanka

I have been following this post for the last 6 months and been a silent reader. I would like to share my timeline. My timeline as follows;

1. Sent application on September 7, 2017
  2. Application received at Mississauga on September 8, 2017
  3. Receipt of Acknowledgement letter on October 18, 2017
  4. Linked application on October 18, 2017
  5. Schedule A and Police report request on October 19, 2017
  6. Sponsor Approval on Oct 27th, 2017
  7. Application sent to Colombo Visa office on Oct 28th , 2017
  8. Medical Request on December 14, 2017
  9. Medical examination on December 27, 2017
  10. Medical Passed notification on Dec 28, 2017
  11. Pre arrival invitation on Jan 28th, 2018
  12. Decision Made and PPR on Jan 29th, 2018
  13. Passport submitted to VFS on Jan 30th, 2018
  14. Passport received with Visa Stamped on Feb 1st, 2018

1. What's is happening at AVO? Are they short staff? Are they having more volumes to process? Is it an African thing? A lot going on in my head after seeing this timeline from Sri Lanka.

Last edited:
Reactions: maki22

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I am visiting the AVO in person - does anyone have any concerns that you want me to relay to the staff? What should I ask? Thank you.
It would be interesting to know why some applications are processed faster than others, even when others were submitted earlier .

Good luck on your visit .

Reactions: Milaby