Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Oju said:
Thanks Mandie and freshlychichi. I applied Nov 18th,2015. Aor and transfer to Accra was I think January 15th and 22nd respectively. Update that Accra had received was 18th February,2016. Then additional document to submit updated schedule A and pay the residency fee was August 19th. August 25th I was told to submit passport, schedule A again and eyes and height chart, 2passport photographs. Then today the 8th of February, 2016 my CIC linked account alerted me of my updated status. I hope this breakdown kinda helps people out there esp for family sponsorship

Congratulation guys. ..glad to always see good news coming up.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Congratulations cisco
Congratulations oju
Its a cool week with good news here
I'm still happy to announced that I have
Received the form CIC sent out since July 25th
I received it yesterday ,my wife sign it and sent it via express
As I don't know if the missing form is the reason my SA of may 5th application is still pending
When should I expect my SA ?

oki1

Aug 26, 2016
@oju,and@cisco congrats!the good lord makes your joy to be full as you reunite with your love ones.God bless you guys and congrats once again.

oki1

Aug 26, 2016
@timosky99,that's good to hear that you finally got the form back for signing. grace for speedy processing is your portion.

toksybeee

May 23, 2015
Hello guys,

I am in a dilemma, please help me out on what i should do.I came to Canada in 2010 on a student visa. in 2012 My dad applied for pr through Federal skilled worker where i was listed as his dependant. So in 2014 i was visiting Nigeria and my boyfriend and i had been given August 1st for our court wedding date. Coincidentally on the morning of that August 1st my dad received request for our passports, and he submitted our passports and i think an updated family information form had also been requested but it never occurred to include that me who one of his dependant was now married(because the passport request mail was literally the morning of court wedding and the passports were submitted like 3 days afterwards).We have now done our traditional and church weddings. So i filed for my husband in july this year under Family sponsorship and i have just received this mail from cic. What do i do at this point
We have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s): You have not submitted an application for a member of the family class. You did not declare the applicant to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on your own Application for Permanent Residence or at the time you became permanent resident of Canada. As such, you do not meet regulation 117(9)(d). Please refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations listed below for details. Given this ineligibility issue, we have not reviewed any other sponsorship criteria at this time. In the event the visa officer considers processing the application for permanent residence, he/she will notify this office and a full review of all sponsorship eligibility requirements will be done. You may be contacted for additional information should that occur. You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to withdraw your application if found ineligible. As a result, your sponsorship application has been officially withdrawn and no further action will be taken. There is no right to appeal this decision. A refund of all paid fees minus the sponsorship fee of $75 has been requested on your behalf. A cheque will be mailed to you at the above noted address in approximately six weeks. The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) and all supporting documentation are hereby returned to you

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
toksybeee said:
Hello guys,

I am in a dilemma, please help me out on what i should do.I came to Canada in 2010 on a student visa. in 2012 My dad applied for pr through Federal skilled worker where i was listed as his dependant. So in 2014 i was visiting Nigeria and my boyfriend and i had been given August 1st for our court wedding date. Coincidentally on the morning of that August 1st my dad received request for our passports, and he submitted our passports and i think an updated family information form had also been requested but it never occurred to include that me who one of his dependant was now married(because the passport request mail was literally the morning of court wedding and the passports were submitted like 3 days afterwards).We have now done our traditional and church weddings. So i filed for my husband in july this year under Family sponsorship and i have just received this mail from cic. What do i do at this point
We have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s): You have not submitted an application for a member of the family class. You did not declare the applicant to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on your own Application for Permanent Residence or at the time you became permanent resident of Canada. As such, you do not meet regulation 117(9)(d). Please refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations listed below for details. Given this ineligibility issue, we have not reviewed any other sponsorship criteria at this time. In the event the visa officer considers processing the application for permanent residence, he/she will notify this office and a full review of all sponsorship eligibility requirements will be done. You may be contacted for additional information should that occur. You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to withdraw your application if found ineligible. As a result, your sponsorship application has been officially withdrawn and no further action will be taken. There is no right to appeal this decision. A refund of all paid fees minus the sponsorship fee of $75 has been requested on your behalf. A cheque will be mailed to you at the above noted address in approximately six weeks. The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) and all supporting documentation are hereby returned to you
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately not listing a dependent (spouse or child) on an application whether knowingly or unknowingly is regarded by CIC as Misrepresentaion. In your case you cannot sponsor your spouse because you did not list him as a family member as per CIC's refusal.
I will urge you to get the advise of an immigration lawyer, as this is a complex situation.
If toy search this forum, you will see a lot of people made similar mistakes - and it is a tough situation to be in. I wish you all the best
*Mandie*

toksybeee

May 23, 2015
Hey Mandie, I am aware of that. However, I was not the one that applied, my dad did and I was covered as a dependant. And the Passport request came on the day of our court wedding in 2014. But we just did our traditional and church weddings in feb this year. Should that not count as something? Also do you know any immigration lawyer I can contact and do you have an idea of the charges?

mandiebraxton said:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately not listing a dependent (spouse or child) on an application whether knowingly or unknowingly is regarded by CIC as Misrepresentaion. In your case you cannot sponsor your spouse because you did not list him as a family member as per CIC's refusal.
I will urge you to get the advise of an immigration lawyer, as this is a complex situation.
If toy search this forum, you will see a lot of people made similar mistakes - and it is a tough situation to be in. I wish you all the best
*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
toksybeee said:
Hey Mandie, I am aware of that. However, I was not the one that applied, my dad did and I was covered as a dependant. And the Passport request came on the day of our court wedding in 2014. But we just did our traditional and church weddings in feb this year. Should that not count as something? Also do you know any immigration lawyer I can contact and do you have an idea of the charges?
In the eyes of CIC the court wedding in 2014 was legally binding (not the traditional church wedding this year) and the fact that your spouse was not mentioned in the application means you Misrepresented. The best thing to have done at the time, was to inform CIC about the marriage. The marriage would probably have made you ineligible as dependent on your dad's application du. See CIC's definition of dependent before August 1, 2014.I'm not sure how old you were when your dad applied.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/def-dependent-child.asp

Honestly, it is a delicate situation which requires and expert advise. I personally don't know immigration lawyer, but a lot of people commend David Cohen, founder of this forum.

All the best
*Mandie*

toksybeee

May 23, 2015
Thank you Mandie, I will research immigration lawyers. Thanks a lot. to answer your question, my dad applied in 2012, I was 22 and also still a university student so that made me eligible and I was not married at that time. I got married 2014 on the same we received passport request. I will get expert advise and also contact my mp and I will update everyone on the forum incase someone else is in the same shoes
mandiebraxton said:
In the eyes of CIC the court wedding in 2014 was legally binding (not the traditional church wedding this year) and the fact that your spouse was not mentioned in the application means you Misrepresented. The best thing to have done at the time, was to inform CIC about the marriage. The marriage would probably have made you ineligible as dependent on your dad's application du. See CIC's definition of dependent before August 1, 2014.I'm not sure how old you were when your dad applied.

Honestly, it is a delicate situation which requires and expert advise. I personally don't know immigration lawyer, but a lot of people commend David Cohen, founder of this forum.

All the best
*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
toksybeee said:
Thank you Mandie, I will research immigration lawyers. Thanks a lot. to answer your question, my dad applied in 2012, I was 22 and also still a university student so that made me eligible and I was not married at that time. I got married 2014 on the same we received passport request. I will get expert advise and also contact my mp and I will update everyone on the forum incase someone else is in the same shoes
Glad to know you fell within the definition at the time. So your focus now is how to address the misrepresentation. The thing is an application is never complete until you "land". So your dad could still have informed CIC of the marriage, updated your spouse, spouse will do medical. Your visas would have been cancelled and a new one issued for all including your spouse. I believe CIC would have asked your dad to complete the IMM0008 form indicating any change in his family.

In any case, let's not cry of spilled milk. Look for a good lawyer to deal with your case. Please update us on how things go.
Take care
*Mandie*

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
AGI, GOOD MORNING, My thing on my cic just changed from in process to decision made..but on just the application for sponsership.ive been approved to sponser for a long time now...so do you know what that means? Is your first box decision ma ad first box say decision made too? MADDIE..do you know? Were they just updating it?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
momma obasi said:
AGI, GOOD MORNING, My thing on my cic just changed from in process to decision made..but on just the application for sponsership.ive been approved to sponser for a long time now...so do you know what that means? Is your first box decision ma ad first box say decision made too? MADDIE..do you know? Were they just updating it?
I believe your PPR is on the way. In fact it is long overdue.. Agi's too. Looking forward to your good news!

*Mandie*

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
mandiebraxton said:
I believe your PPR is on the way. In fact it is long overdue.. Agi's too. Looking forward to your good news!

*Mandie*
do you think thats what it Is?

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Mandie if I get mama Obasi right.... She is saying that on her ecas, the sponsor's column which used to be in process is now showing decision made even though the sponsor has already been approved. So in this case does the decision made which is showing on the sponsor's column have any positive implication to the applicant?

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Just last week I noticed my sponsors application status has changed to decision made too.