Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The most likely refusal reason in Accra is a non-genuine relationship. The visa officer conceded that your relationship seems genuine, so I would most likely think it is an acceptance. Unless there is something about his job the visa officer was worried about. Was there?

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
canadianwoman said:
The most likely refusal reason in Accra is a non-genuine relationship. The visa officer conceded that your relationship seems genuine, so I would most likely think it is an acceptance. Unless there is something about his job the visa officer was worried about. Was there?
no nothing at all. but why wouldnt they give it to him same day? like all the rest of the ppl on this thread?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
rabu said:
my husband had his interview. he said it went well. she did not ask anything about me and him, only about his job. officer said it is clear that we have a good relationship together. then she said take ur passport and we will contact you when to send in your passport to issue u ur visa. according to what im seeing in this thread it means they will refuse him?
I really don't know what is wrong with this Accra visa office. Why would she even focuss the interview about his job? In my opinion if she believes the relationship is genuire why she didn't issue the visa right away? Ruba, i encourage you not be too much worried cos they could issue your husband's visa like they said and for me my only people is that these officer are becoming so heartless. How come on this earth that a visa is not issued immediately when they know that there is an urgent situation here for him to be with his wife.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
In my opinion if she believes the relationship is genuire why she didn't issue the visa right away?
I don;t know the full story behind this specific case. However, to your question: I think proving that your marriage is genuine is only one aspect of the entire application. The officers need to inspect and verify a bunch of other things including medical results, birth certificate, criminal record, marriage certificate, etc. So maybe the interview was done at the beginning of the process before all other aspects weren't even looked at. It also could be that they're simply understaffed. Personally I think there's no reason to be concerned at this point of time...

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
they really are hearless im suffering here alone. thank god i have my mom with me. but i still need my husband. the officer even told him. " i understand your wife is giving birth soon " and she said all your documents are correct, and i see that you have a close relationship with ur wife. ok.... so what else do you want?

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
rabu said:
my husband had his interview. he said it went well. she did not ask anything about me and him, only about his job. officer said it is clear that we have a good relationship together. then she said take ur passport and we will contact you when to send in your passport to issue u ur visa. according to what im seeing in this thread it means they will refuse him?
Without causing any alarm except there is a change in the process,Accra usually issue the Visa same day. This might be an exception.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
bbccanada said:
I really don't know what is wrong with this Accra visa office. Why would she even focuss the interview about his job? In my opinion if she believes the relationship is genuire why she didn't issue the visa right away? Ruba, i encourage you not be too much worried cos they could issue your husband's visa like they said and for me my only people is that these officer are becoming so heartless. How come on this earth that a visa is not issued immediately when they know that there is an urgent situation here for him to be with his wife.
Most of the time, they see Africans in the light of Economin immigrants. The laws are now changing as CIC now tens to be giving focus to immigrants that can easily adapt into the system. My worry is the way Africans are treated during this whole process. The likes of Patel (You know what I mean) etc don't get the same treatment and the Patel's are the ones they should be investigating more.

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
fernendez said:
Most of the time, they see Africans in the light of Economin immigrants. The laws are now changing as CIC now tens to be giving focus to immigrants that can easily adapt into the system. My worry is the way Africans are treated during this whole process. The likes of Patel (You know what I mean) etc don't get the same treatment and the Patel's are the ones they should be investigating more.
but my husband is not african. he works in nigeria only.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
rabu said:
but my husband is not african. he works in nigeria only.

If i may ask, are you yourself from Africa?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
rabu said:
no im not either.. we r both arab.
I was asking this question cos i was thinking your case should have been straight forward but now i know the reason why did not issued him a visa the same day cos now they probably have to do another background check in Nigeria where he is working. I am wondering why you didn't apply in your husband's native country?

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
bbccanada said:
I was asking this question cos i was thinking your case should have been straight forward but now i know the reason why did not issued him a visa the same day cos now they probably have to do another background check in Nigeria where he is working. I am wondering why you didn't apply in your husband's native country?
my husband works there and he is not able to go there anytime he could. and our consultant said thats how it should go. so their just gonna check his job in nigeria? does this affect their decission in anyway? what do u think?

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
@rabu:
my husband works there and he is not able to go there anytime he could. and our consultant said thats how it should go. so their just gonna check his job in nigeria? does this affect their decission in anyway? what do u think?
As long as all information provided in the application is true and his work is legal, than you should be fine for this aspect.

BTW: what I don't understand is what your immigration consultant is for if you post all these questions here. You should get advise and direction from him/her in regards to next steps and possibilities. If you have doubts he/she isn't worth the money...

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
clubcanada said:
@ rabu:
As long as all information provided in the application is true and his work is legal, than you should be fine for this aspect.

BTW: what I don't understand is what your immigration consultant is for if you post all these questions here. You should get advise and direction from him/her in regards to next steps and possibilities. If you have doubts he/she isn't worth the money...
i have asked them alot of questions and they said there is nothing to worry about , but the last decision is ghanas decision and they do not have impact on their decision this is why i come and ask questions here. also it is their first time dealing with accra office. im the only case he has dealt with.

and yes all information we provided is true and his work is legal for sure.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
rabu said:
The problem here is that there are some few people from Nigeria given that wonderful country a bad reputation so the Ghana Visa Office are always critical about things people say when they are from nigeria especially men in particular. Yes, so like you said they believe that your marriage is genuire that why they didn't ask him anything about your relationship.If i may ask, has he ever lived in Canada before or any other country not nigeria?