+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread: Addition of Spouse after PPR / COPR Timeline

Ucsquared'24

Nov 6, 2023
I got my COPR and passport stamped September 5th 2023.My COPR will expire June 15 2024.However, I am getting married January 6th 2023.
When is best to raise a Web Form to inform IRCC of change in status?what is the procedure?
Kindly assist me please

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
I got my COPR and passport stamped September 5th 2023.My COPR will expire June 15 2024.However, I am getting married January 6th 2023.
When is best to raise a Web Form to inform IRCC of change in status?what is the procedure?
Kindly assist me please
Hello everyone, I have a similar doubt. My COPR might come anytime within 2-3 months and most probably since I did my medicals this month itself, my COPR might have validity till March 2025 and my marriage is planned for Dec 2024. I want to know when will be the best time to update IRCC about this change. Will it be better to raise a webform once I am married in Dec with all the documents ready for my spouse? Also once I raise the webform, they will cancel my current COPR anyway so it wont matter that the validity of the COPR is only till March 2025. Correct? I am new here and looking forward to some guidance since I am doing the whole immigration process on my own without help of any agency.

pkjsarin

Sep 4, 2020
Hello,

Can anyone who successfully completed the process of spouse addition post their timeline? It’s been a while that I have been waiting for a response from IRCC on my webforms.

Thanks

pkjsarin

Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a similar doubt. My COPR might come anytime within 2-3 months and most probably since I did my medicals this month itself, my COPR might have validity till March 2025 and my marriage is planned for Dec 2024. I want to know when will be the best time to update IRCC about this change. Will it be better to raise a webform once I am married in Dec with all the documents ready for my spouse? Also once I raise the webform, they will cancel my current COPR anyway so it wont matter that the validity of the COPR is only till March 2025. Correct? I am new here and looking forward to some guidance since I am doing the whole immigration process on my own without help of any agency.
you need to inform IRCC as soon as you get married. Don’t forget to send them a copy of your marriage certificate in the webform.

Bolanle21

Jun 28, 2024
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello ,
I want to find out if you were able to resolve this ?
Thanks

Hi all

I requested IRCC to add spouse to my application after CoPR because I got my CopR just 4 days before my marriage was planned.

They asked me to send some documents, which took some time but I sent them all docs. But after that I kept on waiting and my CopR which was on single status go expired.

I recently received a reply for my webform which says since your CoPR has expired, apply again.

This is soooo unfair.

What should I do?

Below was the reply from IRCC:

----------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Permanent residence application approved - Outside Canada

In addition, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information.

For the latest updates on how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

----------------------

Bolanle21

Jun 28, 2024
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello,
Please were you able to resolve this eventually?

Hi all

I requested IRCC to add spouse to my application after CoPR because I got my CopR just 4 days before my marriage was planned.

They asked me to send some documents, which took some time but I sent them all docs. But after that I kept on waiting and my CopR which was on single status go expired.

I recently received a reply for my webform which says since your CoPR has expired, apply again.

This is soooo unfair.

What should I do?

Below was the reply from IRCC:

----------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Permanent residence application approved - Outside Canada

In addition, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information.

For the latest updates on how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

----------------------