+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those planning to Apply after 01 July 2011, Lets connect!!

M

meialua

orange_girl said:
Hi, my husband and I sent all the docs to CIC yesterday on July 15, but we didn't notarize the copies of the docs that were originally in English. Are we in trouble now? We already sent the docs 2 times in spring, but they were returned to us because first time the CIC was not able to process the credit card and second time we were too late, the cap was reached for my husband's occupation. It would be very unfortunate to waste time waiting again just to receive our docs back for the third time. Please, does anybody know if our application will be considered incomplete because we didn't notarize the copies of our marriage certificate, my canadian work permits, passports, one of the university diplomas already in English?
Hi Orange-girl,

It depends on your VO because Paris accepts copies of the docs that were in english or french, you wont need to notarize them. Other offices ask for those copies signed by a notary or solicitor.

Which VO is yours?

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
meialua said:
Hi Orange-girl,

It depends on your VO because Paris accepts copies of the docs that were in english or french, you wont need to notarize them. Other offices ask for those copies signed by a notary or solicitor.

Which VO is yours?
We are originally from Uzbekistan, but we sent the docs from within Canada. However, the VO is Moscow and as I realized later they require notarized copies :(

tocy80

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 16-07-2011; Received by CIO on 21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All Docs sent with Application Deck
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0 - Originals Sent with Application
orange_girl said:
Thank you very much for your reply. Is there any chance to correct this now? Or just waiting?
Hi again...if you want to change, i guess you have still some chance....as I see you have sent on 15th...so you contact with ur carrier/courier and ask them to stop the delivery...by this time you notarize which takes very very less time and send the whole pack tomorrow....:)

best of luck with ur immigration application!

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
tocy80 said:
Hi again...if you want to change, i guess you have still some chance....as I see you have sent on 15th...so you contact with ur carrier/courier and ask them to stop the delivery...by this time you notarize which takes very very less time and send the whole pack tomorrow....:)

best of luck with ur immigration application!
I was thinking of ways to stop it before it gets to its destination, but I am afraid it's too late. We sent via Canadapost express mail and the tracking information hasn't been updated yet.

karyl

Apr 21, 2010
takemblues said:
what were the reasons for first two returns?

the first was returned because my ielts was a year and few days old. they were accepting academic ielts then but valid only for a year. so i retook the general ielts this january. the second was returned because the cap for nurses was reached and i don't know why they did not exempt mine despite the letter of arranged employment... :(

Azr

Jul 12, 2011
Goodman!! said:
Hi Friends!

I am starting this thread for those who are planning to apply after 01 July 2011 (MI-3). Lets share if you have any idea how points will be distributed and what is needed to apply and any other thing worth sharing.

Thanks
Hi everyone
i m from Pakistan. i m gathering my documents these days in order to apply.. but i have a confusion.it is clearly written
on the top of the visa office specific instructions (IMM 7023) that
(Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.)
but under the heading of "IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS" it is written that send original birth certificates, original marriage certificate. similary under "EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS" part it is mentioned that send original transcripts of all degrees in auniversity sealed envelopes.
can any body explain these things to me. plz guid me wt to do. and wt does the word notarized document mean ...attested..or something else .waiting for ur guidance. thanx

tocy80

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
All Docs sent with Application Deck
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0 - Originals Sent with Application
hi there...from now on. IELTS GT scores are acceptable which are dated within 2 yrs from date of application...right?

i have sent my application with ielts results dated june 2010...this is ok...right?

newyork21

Jun 10, 2011
Hi,

Yes, right.

tocy80 said:
hi there...from now on. IELTS GT scores are acceptable which are dated within 2 yrs from date of application...right?

i have sent my application with ielts results dated june 2010...this is ok...right?

Patricia1818

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2.09.2011 by d.stephenson
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 05.12.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Fellows,

My father sold one of his properties and sent us $20,000. Can I buy traveller check and use them as POF ? Vo will still ask for bank statment?
Thanks a lot

forax

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER ON 28-11-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOCUMENTS
Med's Request
8-02-2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
8-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
7-MAY-2012
I
Code:
 have 2 queries;

1. While filling the additional family information forms, suppose Mrs. A is the the principal applicant and her spouse is Mr. B, NOW IN ONE FORM WHERE THERE IS WRITTEN APPLICANT SHE WILL WRITE HER NAME AND FOR SPOUSE COLUMN HER HUSBAND,S NAME. But when the spouse will fill his additional family information form where he should write his name : under applicant column or spouse column?

2.WHILE ARRANGING ALL FORMS AND DOCUMENTS. I FIND THAT IN CIO CHECKLIST THEY DEMAND ALL FORMS LIKE MAIN APP FORM, BACKGROUND INF. FORM etc. But while seeing the Delhi VO checklist they also mention these documents plus all other documents like civil docs and so on. Now SHOULD ONE SEND TWO COPIES OF ALL FORMS; ONE FOR cio AND ANOTHER FOR vo  OR ONE SET OF FORMS WILL SUFFICE?

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
submitted along with the application package...
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
forax said:
I
Code:
 have 2 queries;

1. While filling the additional family information forms, suppose Mrs. A is the the principal applicant and her spouse is Mr. B, NOW IN ONE FORM WHERE THERE IS WRITTEN APPLICANT SHE WILL WRITE HER NAME AND FOR SPOUSE COLUMN HER HUSBAND,S NAME. But when the spouse will fill his additional family information form where he should write his name : under applicant column or spouse column?

2.WHILE ARRANGING ALL FORMS AND DOCUMENTS. I FIND THAT IN CIO CHECKLIST THEY DEMAND ALL FORMS LIKE MAIN APP FORM, BACKGROUND INF. FORM etc. But while seeing the Delhi VO checklist they also mention these documents plus all other documents like civil docs and so on. Now SHOULD ONE SEND TWO COPIES OF ALL FORMS; ONE FOR cio AND ANOTHER FOR vo  OR ONE SET OF FORMS WILL SUFFICE?
1. under spouse column for MR B. they will see the difference too coz on D, it is the spouse's signature that will appear.

2. send only one application package addressed to CIO. it is CIO that will then forward your application to your indicated VO once you qualify.

forax

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER ON 28-11-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOCUMENTS
Med's Request
8-02-2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
8-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
7-MAY-2012
westpoint said:
1. under spouse column for MR B. they will see the difference too coz on D, it is the spouse's signature that will appear.

2. send only one application package addressed to CIO. it is CIO that will then forward your application to your indicated VO once you qualify.

BUT WHAT I THINK IS THAT HUSBAND IS ALSO APPLICANT AND WIFE IS PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. SO IN HIS ADD INFO. FORM HUSBAND CAN WRITE HIS NAME UNDER APPLICANT COLUMN?

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
forax said:
BUT WHAT I THINK IS THAT HUSBAND IS ALSO APPLICANT AND WIFE IS PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. SO IN HIS ADD INFO. FORM HUSBAND CAN WRITE HIS NAME UNDER APPLICANT COLUMN?
As I understand you are right, since spouse is also an applicant though not a prinicipal applicant, so I think what you did is right.

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
Azr said:
Hi everyone
i m from Pakistan. i m gathering my documents these days in order to apply.. but i have a confusion.it is clearly written
on the top of the visa office specific instructions (IMM 7023) that
(Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.)
but under the heading of "IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS" it is written that send original birth certificates, original marriage certificate. similary under "EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS" part it is mentioned that send original transcripts of all degrees in auniversity sealed envelopes.
can any body explain these things to me. plz guid me wt to do. and wt does the word notarized document mean ...attested..or something else .waiting for ur guidance. thanx
"notarized" - go to a notary office where they legally stamp on your papers to prove that your photocopied documents are authentic.
"original documents" - this includes Birth certificates, Marriage certificate, Certificate of no Marriage, Transcript of record and Diploma... For Transcript of record and Diploma - some said they went to their own universities and requested the registrar's office to stamp it as CERTIFIED TRUE COPY...

we hope things will go well with the documents... but just in case your visa office is really STRICT... hmm... we can't do anything anymore, as we are really obliged to follow rules...

tocy80

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......