Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
this is sad, I am now thinking about this..

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time, hopefully SOON!
LANDED..........
In God's time
Hi Dr. Deva,

I feel you and I am sure most of hopeful immigrants sympathize with you. Ironically, I am happy... because you shared your story.

Stories like yours always leave a very sad dent on my heart. You know I am a lawyer here in the Philippines. Just like you, my profession is regulated. It simply means, I need to upgrade my level of schooling and experience in Canada for me to practice. I know!

Tough luck, but how can I let go of the opportunity to migrate when i see that living in a first world country will do well to my my children? I have exposed my children to the benefits of living in a first world when we save and go travel to the US and even Canada. From there, my eldest son who is 11 has learned to love and aspire to have a good life outside of our home country.

So everytime I pause and think why I am still pursuing migrating to Canada, I say to myself that I do this for my children. My husband who is really not 100% sure of our decision always bugs me with the question of why we are migrating. I always tell him for the sake of the children.

I don't expect to practice my profession at all. If I can get into any legal job (assistant, legal editor), I would already consider it as a success. But I prepare my mind and my heart to accept the fact that I may not be able to practice at all so that I will be content with taking survival jobs. I know there is pride there! But what the heck! My pride is with my children! If they become successful in Canada, then life is good.

Try to evaluate. Life will be better.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Quite a sad one. All hope is not lost. Maybe you should do a postgraduate educetion in any health related discipline even if you would not work as doctors you might work as other health personnel pending when you get your licensing.

Also remember your kids are the primary reason for migrating. They will sure wipe away your tears and that is a strong form of consolation. I can only imagine what you are going through but i know for sure that "It will Work if you Work it". Dont lose hope just start with the survival job and be earning something while you enroll for your exams. Best of luck

ranbir

Feb 24, 2010
hi deva
hu?
if you are in brampton and you looking for part time permanent jpbs you can try here they are hiring

1. FEDEX 6600 goreway drive toronto(intersection of goreway and derry rd (PART TIME)
2 UPS 3350 AIRWAY DRIVE (PART TIME)
3- BEST BUY ( INTERSECTION OF AIRPORT AND WILLIAMS PARKWAY) (FULLTIME)
4-UNIGSTIX(AIRPORT AND CLKARK BOULEVARD)(FULLTIME)
THE JOB AT UPS AND FEDEX ARE GOOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE STUDYING THEY CAN GET EVENING SHIFTS .UPS ALSO GIVE BENEFITS.BUT THIS ARE JUST SURVIVING JOBS MIND YOU.IF U OR ANYONE ON FORUM NEEDS ANY HELPTHEY CAN PM ME AND YES I WONT CHARGE LIKE ROGERS :D

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
Hi Ranbir,
Gr8, Best wishes to you... First time i could see somebody giving Job Ref. God Bless you... Hope Dr. Dev will grab this opprtnty !!

Regards.

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
Dr Deva,

Sorry to hear your story.. it has really made me do some research and I came up with a few reviews on Rogers.. I really would like to say here that get in touch with these ppl here in the thread and thrash this company out.. simple.

http://www.cellphones.ca/cell-plans/carriers/reviews/1577/

Dont worry things will settle out soon.

dreamforcanada

Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Deva Vai

amio apnar moto ekjon Bangladeshi. ami r amar husband Canada r jonno apply koresi, medical submit koresi kintu ekhono visa hoyni.

vaia, ami apnar post ta eimatro pore shesh korlam, khub e sad ar realistic.

vaia, ami ekjon dentist, Bangladesh theke BDS pass kore apatoto UK te asi husband er shathe (amar hubby ekjon accountant). amra wait korsi Canadar visar jonno.

vaia, apnar experience pore khub koshto hochche. apnar 15 years' er experience tarporo apnake emon struggle korte hochche tahole amar moto jara notun pass korese tader to aro difficult situation hobe.

vaia, apnar porichito keu ki ase je bangladesh theke dentist hoye Canada te ekhon ase? erokom kauke ki apni chinen?

vaia, ami doa kori apni jeno khub taratari ekta valojob pan...

Regards

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's really sad. but as an old saying "When going gets tough the tough gets going." You have to make it for your kids. Mr. Deva you have said that you are happy because your kids are happy. I know it's easier said than done but please forget about yourself being a doctor. Just think that you are a new graduate abd start from the scratch. I hope that you will get a job soon.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Asian students migrating to the west have long been brilliant performer in educational sector. Asian studnets are hard working and can live on with minimum requirements but with excellent output. As qorax and others said, you need networking and making more contacts with doctors in Toronto migrated from BD. There is nothing more efficient than following efficients.

P

pv

From each ones personal exp we have learned that we all should do extra homework and research on jobs and other options
and specially in occupations which are regulated

GARDEN ALWAYS LOOKS GREEN FROM THE OTHER END .... :)

If we just landed and still looking for job then -

Try not to enter into monthly committment, there is surly some workaround
(Can not comment in case of Deva for Rogers exp)
for cell, take only prepaid card
go for internet which does not ask for any committment (www.teksavvy.com)
use internet phone ( try magic jack)
hang onto cable for some time, i am sure we can manage for few months without TV, if kids are getting boared become member of nearby library and you can checkout DVD's watch them on laptop
For international calling,if you have internet, open skype account and use it for your home calling

Refer http://www.settlement.org/alternativejobs/

Every person has different time here.. but at the end each one will pass thru and will have great time

good luck

S

shibuya

pv,
Dvd,s also cost some bucks. Best is to watch online movies for free. www.youku.com ;D ;D

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Is Vonage available in Canada? yahoo's Vonage gives monthly bundle package to BD. Its hell of a cheap.Most people use outside calling cards to call India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Internet is the best way to talk, nowadays most Sub continent household has a PC and Internet connection, though the connection isnt that fast, but not that bad too.

P

pv

shibuya -
DVD's does not cost in library here and I was refering to library system of community and not some video parlor/library

mak73

Jul 15, 2010
Hello ,
I read a lot about the people's opinion and comments on this sensitive isssue .
I am also a doctor and on PR status .
All I can suggest is that instead of fixing in a big city like Toronto , we should go to small places / cities as a doctor . You will face less competition + less expenses in the initial / survival period .
As an example lets see NEWFOUNDLAND . Google : faculty of medicine memorial university
Then click on Educational Programs .............Then click on International Medical Graduates .....Then Click on IMG Employment Opportunities .........a link will appear : .....click on it .....WELCOME TO PRACTICE NL will appear..click on Physicians .....On the Left side some icons will appear : INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS ....LOCUM OPPORTUNITIES ......PHYSICIANS JOBS ........
Click on INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS and a PDF file will appear ..read it ........also see this information : More than 40 % of our practising physicians are international graduates ..

CONCLUSION : ITS A CLEAR MESSAGE THAT THE PROVINCE IS VERY FRIENDLY TO INTERNALTIONAL MEDICAL GRADUTES .........SO TRY TO DEROOT YOURSELF FROM PLACES WHERE U FIND HARD TO WORK IN YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSION ..........
BEST OF LUCK
Regards ,
MAK

S

shibuya

Pv,
Canada is really a generous country. Hope they change their rules of again studying ABC in school and then trying for a job. Then I could conclude this PR option is a blessing in disguise.