+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking about moving to Canada as a welder.

bujaam

Sep 15, 2024
Im 21 years old and i have been a welder in my country since i was 18. I have saved up a good bit of money, 33 000 Canadian dollars roughly.

Would it be a good idea for me to move? I like being outdoors and i think Canada would suit me. For referance i currently live in Sweden which isn’t a bad country at all but i would like to start fresh somewhere else.

I’m not sure how much in need of welders Canada is but that’s the only thing i’m good at.

Thanks in advance for the replies and i would love to give more information about my situation if needed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im 21 years old and i have been a welder in my country since i was 18. I have saved up a good bit of money, 33 000 Canadian dollars roughly.

Would it be a good idea for me to move? I like being outdoors and i think Canada would suit me. For referance i currently live in Sweden which isn’t a bad country at all but i would like to start fresh somewhere else.

I’m not sure how much in need of welders Canada is but that’s the only thing i’m good at.

Thanks in advance for the replies and i would love to give more information about my situation if needed.
Ask Ikea for a transfer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
These types of programs might be best given your age: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec.html

Advantage is that procssing should be pretty quick and give you a chance to try things out here.

There are others to qualify for temporary work permits or permanent residence, but they may be more difficult to qualify for. There may be some provincial programs for specific professions, possibly including welding, but I don't know.

If you come to Canada on - for example - the working holiday program, and get a solid job offer with your qualifications, that may lead to things. Some industries - obvious one being oil and gas - have constant need of qualified people, although it can be cyclical.

For the most part you're going to have to do research yourself on the govt websites.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Something you might want to think about is getting an open work permit for a year through the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/eligibility.html?selection=se-wh#selection

This will allow you to live and work in Canada for a year to see what it is like here.

It's difficult for any of us to say if moving to Canada permanently is a good decision for you. That's a decision only you can make. Coming to Canada on a one year work permit will allow you to experience living here first hand before you make that decision.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ask Ikea for a transfer.
How is being rude at all helpful? Why even bother posting if you're just going to say something like this?

Reactions: armoured