+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The problem is ...

gijchy

Nov 4, 2008
Hello
Thank you for your answer but the problem is I want to go with him after get married on Sep,2009. That means I have to apply for visa ahead. In this case shall I apply for student visa? What kind of course I will be able to register, full time or part time student?
Kindly answer again
Thanks

ghiaskhan

gijchy, all depends upon your current educational attainments. If you are a graduate, you might like to get admission in a postgraduate qualification.But its going to be an expensive process. Its better to opt for "Fiance " as suggested by CGuy.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ghiaskhan said:
gijchy, all depends upon your current educational attainments. If you are a graduate, you might like to get admission in a postgraduate qualification.But its going to be an expensive process. Its better to opt for "Fiance " as suggested by CGuy.
1. There is no fiance visa since 2002.
2. Once they are married, she can be included in his application, it is very unlikely that she would be issued a visitor visa/student permit as her intention is to remain in Canada.
3. If they are married, she can try to obtain a spousal work permit, but only if his job is A, B or O.

PMM

gijchy

Nov 4, 2008
Situation:
Hi again,
Sorry that I have to retype my questions. Because I didn't get the hit answer.
The situation is
My boyfriend, currently works in BC, Canada, holding a work permit as a foreign worker.
At the same time, he already sent an application to Buffalo, NY last Sep 08. It will take 25 months or so according to the site.

I am NOW working in Thailand. I plan to move to Canada right after we get married in Sep 09.

My question is ...

1. Which type of Visa should I apply for?
Option 1 - Spouse visa but the problem is he has to update his application. To do so, do I have to wait in Thailand while the application is updated?
Option 2 - Student visa - can I apply for a part time program while waiting his application updated?

Thanks for all answers
I hope this will help you understand my situation.
Gijchy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is a skilled temporary worker, it's possible that you can get a spousal work permit once you are married and join him that way or you can try to get a visit visa, student visa or temporary work visa. He will have to add you to his PR application once you are married.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghiaskhan said:
PMM....I meant spousal work permit
It is not possible to get a spousal work permit as a "fiance". You have to be common-law (12 months of living together) or married.

gijchy

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks to all answers that help me make a decision to apply a student visa.
Good luck everyone
Gijchy