+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The passport(S) provided does not cover the 4 year period???!!!

wz

Apr 29, 2013
Hello All,

I sent my citizenship application in May this year. Now it is returned to me and says "The passport(s) provided does not cover the 4 year period preceding the date of your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) you have had during the relevant 4 year period". What?? I only have one passport now. Before current passport, I had another one which was expired in 2011. I photocopied every single page with photos, stamps, visas, and markings of both passports. What else am I supposed to provide? What should I do?

Thanks,
wz

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
wz said:
Hello All,

I sent my citizenship application in May this year. Now it is returned to me and says "The passport(s) provided does not cover the 4 year period preceding the date of your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) you have had during the relevant 4 year period". What?? I only have one passport now. Before current passport, I had another one which was expired in 2011. I photocopied every single page with photos, stamps, visas, and markings of both passports. What else am I supposed to provide? What should I do?

Thanks,
wz
Did you provide photocopies of the expired passport as well?

wz

Apr 29, 2013
Swede said:
Did you provide photocopies of the expired passport as well?
Yes I did. I photocopied every single page with photo pages, stamps, visa and marking of current and expired passport.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
wz said:
Hello All,

Thanks,
wz
why did you send extra theN what they ask for???????????????all they ask for is biographical page photocopies....you only deliver what is asked...just photocopy biographical pages of all your passports and send them off...ALL YOU NEED TO PROVIDE IS WHAT IS ASKED FOR BY THEM.

wz

Apr 29, 2013
OKK said:
why did you send extra theN what they ask for???????????????all they ask for is biographical page photocopies....you only deliver what is asked...just photocopy biographical pages of all your passports and send them off...ALL YOU NEED TO PROVIDE IS WHAT IS ASKED FOR BY THEM.
But they did got what they asked for.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
wz said:
But they did got what they asked for.
lol dude you have two options either you sit on this forum and listen to so many different advises and get confused or do what YOU SHOULD HAD DONE IN THE 1ST PLACE...just photocopy biographical page of you both passports and send your application off...all i sent was the biographical pages too

wz

Apr 29, 2013
OKK said:
lol dude you have two options either you sit on this forum and listen to so many different advises and get confused or do what YOU SHOULD HAD DONE IN THE 1ST PLACE...just photocopy biographical page of you both passports and send your application off...all i sent was the biographical pages too
Well you made a very good point I might get confused. OK, I will send biographical pages. And signature pages as well? Just to confirm the biographical page is the page has photo, name, birth date, issue/expire date page. Thanks.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
wz said:
Well you made a very good point I might get confused. OK, I will send biographical pages. And signature pages as well? Just to confirm the biographical page is the page has photo, name, birth date, issue/expire date page. Thanks.
Just the biographical pages dude....that's what they asked for didn't they???????????like i said before and i will say it again again and again you provide ONLY what you are asked for, you answer the question the question which is asked....its just like writing a exam...you only answer the questions asked in the exam...did you ever wrote the whole book as a reply to A question.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
The more you provide without asking the more they get confused and the more they get irritated...remember for you its just your application but for them its one of the thousands applications they have...they look for a reason to have less work...that's what you call delay tactics...keep it sweet and simple.

wz

Apr 29, 2013
OKK said:
The more you provide without asking the more they get confused and the more they get irritated...remember for you its just your application but for them its one of the thousands applications they have...they look for a reason to have less work...that's what you call delay tactics...keep it sweet and simple.
I called CIC centre today. Actually, they said "every single page and blank page"!!!

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
wz said:
I called CIC centre today. Actually, they said "every single page and blank page"!!!
Thats a news to me...this is what you did already didn't you and your application had already been sent back???

wz

Apr 29, 2013
OKK said:
Thats a news to me...this is what you did already didn't you and your application had already been sent back???
I called them back again. They were wrong and that was for PR. Only the blank pages were left out in my submission. Biographical pages only. Thanks OKK. I will keep update if any new information.