+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The new EE process has been shunned in the CTV news today

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

It appears ALOT of people are not happy about the new EE process. So much so it was even on the news today:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/top-shelf-workers-students-left-behind-by-new-immigration-rules-lawyers-1.2232553

Its quite an interesting read as the new process has been deemed as unfair by many and many immigration solicitors think it could detract people from coming to Canada to work.

What do you think?

Shak

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Was this on TV too? I'm actually surprise that it caught on so many media attentions (CTV even quoted the petition started here)
CBC, Globe & Mail also reported the same thing.

I doubt CIC will do anything to that because they are the government, sitting in their great ivory tower and don't know how to real world works. It will probably just a bureaucratic statement saying the system is fair and have considered all stakeholders stuff.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

theshak said:
Hi Guys,

It appears ALOT of people are not happy about the new EE process. So much so it was even on the news today:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/top-shelf-workers-students-left-behind-by-new-immigration-rules-lawyers-1.2232553

Its quite an interesting read as the new process has been deemed as unfair by many and many immigration solicitors think it could detract people from coming to Canada to work.

What do you think?

Shak
1. I think the Immigration lawyers are upset, since they can't make any money. Who would hire a lawyer to submit their profile in EE?

asdfg942

Aug 22, 2013
Express Entry system ensures that only the candidates who are most likely to succeed -- and not simply the first to submit their application -- are able to apply to immigrate to Canada,” - Lesage, CIC.

Are international students not likely to succeed in Canada? ??? ::)

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
asdfg942 said:
Express Entry system ensures that only the candidates who are most likely to succeed -- and not simply the first to submit their application -- are able to apply to immigrate to Canada,” - Lesage, CIC.

Are international students not likely to succeed in Canada? ??? ::)
good question lol. if all the positions that international students r filing now are left empty multi national companies will pack up and leave as they wont find people to do their job. since we fill these positions without LMIA we dont show up on their radar i guess not sure.