+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Harsh Reality About Express Entry - Let's Debate Here

Frankjp

Jan 6, 2015
I will advise that we international students who are either working or on a PGWP should write to CIC and have them clarify the job offer criteria so as to have a clearer understanding. Who knows it might steer them in the right direction as to what to do with us.

I will be very straight forward with everyone. I think this Express Entry is not favorable at all.
This is because, this January, they will draw the candidates with high scores .i.e. PNP and Arranged job offer and by the time you think you will make the draw the next month, another set of candidates with new received PNP and Arranged job offer would have applied or updated their profile and hence again the highest is drawn and the cycle continues like that leaving candidates without PNP and Arranged job offer still hanging. The funniest thing is that some candidates might remain on that pool forever.

Let's be realistic, do you really think Canadian employers will employ a lot of candidates from the pool and go through the stress of proving they can't get a Canadian to do the job and also the LMIA process? Yes, it might be possible but it won't be as rosy as we think. There are so many qualified educated immigrants who already have their PR who have been job hunting that they can take instead. Canadian employers can always get employment agencies to scout for local talents for them rather than going through the immigration job search when they can't guaranty if you can even do the job, is a mere profile enough to convince them to offer you a job? The chance is very slim, what are the odds?

I feel the people that applied for FSW 2014 and co did a very wise thing. This Express Entry is a big gamble, and I think the old system is far better.
What do you think?

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
there have been several discussion on this bud... for long time....we cant do anything about it now...it is wat it is..lets accept and move forward.... ;)

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/annual-lmo-prov.shtml

202,510 positive LMO's issued in 2012

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
I have been working with a pgwp for a year and missed the chance to apply under CEC just by a week. Bad luck

I called CIC to ask a question

Q: what does my employer put in "anticipated start date" as I already have been working with him.
A: "Sir, this is a million dollar question."

I couldn't stop myself from laughing
Like seriously, answer my frikkin question and don't tell how much worth my question is

SharpC

Oct 21, 2014
San Francisco
Category........
NOC Code......
2232/2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In EE pool: CRS 427
IELTS Request
Overall Band: 9.0
Overall Express Entry seems to be a better system for Canada. It selects those candidates with the highest CRS score, which theoretically will impact their economy best. This is better than taking first in line. After a year, when things settle out, candidates will have a pretty good idea what score range is needed.

The current number of LMIA for permanent jobs is around 1200/year, they expect this to increase, but I don't expect it to increase much.

What is Canada targeting, I think around 120k for 2015 for Express Entry, so perhaps 60,000 applicants drawn in 2015 (assume 2 per application)?

So every 2 weeks they need to draw around 3500 applicants. (fudge factor for expected non-compliant or no submitted applications)

What is the estimated EE pool size? Perhaps 120k of serious applicants that would represent this forum EE spreadsheet?

Draw might reach median by end of the year. Here are my very very rough swag predictions... someone could create a little calculator that let's you enter your assumptions. So many variables.

Also I expect some rules may focus certain NOC's in latter half of 2015 if certain areas needed are under represented. For example not select 2173, 2171, 2174 in the last 3 months of 2015. Or select top 100 applicants in certain specific NOC's. This is all very doable within this new system.

My CRS swag for end of each month.
Jan 928
Feb 475
March 458
April 449
May 432
June 425
July 413
Aug 405
Sept 395
Oct 386
Nov 380
Then will level out and bounce around 380+/15 through next year in 2016.

--
SharpC

Broncos

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
EE is aimed at reducing the inflow... think they are making it less favorable to common folks

YehiaZ

Jul 11, 2014
Hi,

So do you mean if I am PhD student in one of Canadian universities, should I clarify that I have a job offer?

Thanks

insouciant

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YehiaZ said:
Hi,

So do you mean if I am PhD student in one of Canadian universities, should I clarify that I have a job offer?

Thanks
Can anyone tell me how draws will take place from the pool?
Will there be individual pools for each NOC or there would be only one pool with all the NOCs in it?

iphone5

Aug 12, 2014
With FSWP applicants would know about their applications success or failure but with EE they would just keep on waiting and praying...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SharpC said:
Overall Express Entry seems to be a better system for Canada. It selects those candidates with the highest CRS score, which theoretically will impact their economy best. This is better than taking first in line. After a year, when things settle out, candidates will have a pretty good idea what score range is needed.

The current number of LMIA for permanent jobs is around 1200/year, they expect this to increase, but I don't expect it to increase much.

What is Canada targeting, I think around 120k for 2015 for Express Entry, so perhaps 60,000 applicants drawn in 2015 (assume 2 per application)?

So every 2 weeks they need to draw around 3500 applicants. (fudge factor for expected non-compliant or no submitted applications)

What is the estimated EE pool size? Perhaps 120k of serious applicants that would represent this forum EE spreadsheet?

Draw might reach median by end of the year. Here are my very very rough swag predictions... someone could create a little calculator that let's you enter your assumptions. So many variables.

Also I expect some rules may focus certain NOC's in latter half of 2015 if certain areas needed are under represented. For example not select 2173, 2171, 2174 in the last 3 months of 2015. Or select top 100 applicants in certain specific NOC's. This is all very doable within this new system.

My CRS swag for end of each month.
Jan 928
Feb 475
March 458
April 449
May 432
June 425
July 413
Aug 405
Sept 395
Oct 386
Nov 380
Then will level out and bounce around 380+/15 through next year in 2016.

--
SharpC
I agree with you almost on everything you said, but one thing. there is no way that the limit will be 850+ in any draw - like january you have mentioned... a lot of people is not having their applications prepared yet, so they will not submit in January but in March, so I guess January draw will also draw 450+ candidates...
Also, i expect to have steady number of 850+ candidates per month, like 300-500, and others will be ranked based on CRS criteria. Of course the threshold will be lowered over time, but I hardly expect it goes bellow 400 ever.

That is just my feeling, though...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
insouciant said:
Can anyone tell me how draws will take place from the pool?
Will there be individual pools for each NOC or there would be only one pool with all the NOCs in it?

Initial draw will be general, among everyone in the pool. If there is a need for a program-specific draw (in case they are not meeting admission targets), CIC has the right to do it.

insouciant

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
Initial draw will be general, among everyone in the pool. If there is a need for a program-specific draw (in case they are not meeting admission targets), CIC has the right to do it.
How can you say this at this moment, do u have any proof or link to prove it?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
insouciant said:
How can you say this at this moment, do u have any proof or link to prove it?
Mentioned in the CIC's teleconference.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t260056.0.html

insouciant

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
Mentioned in the CIC's teleconference.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t260056.0.html
Thanks!

phsetaknev

Nov 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
IELTS Request
L-8.5 / R-8 / S-7 / W-6.5
YehiaZ said:
Hi,

Thanks
Its all about the POINTS mate. Since you have an education in canada you will get more points than some people which will put you on top of some common folks. If you have a job offer its way better than to not have one and stay at a lower position in the list.