+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The best option to apply for citizenship?

Spcky99

Feb 17, 2013
Leon said:
Like I said in my reply to you, you should apply for both, open work permit and CEC. The open work permit will allow him to join you now instead of waiting for a year or more. Your status will then be TFW and spouse of a TFW. Of course you must marry him first.

In order to stay in Canada you need to get your PR so you apply for PR under CEC. If you include him in your application, you are both in the process of becoming PR's. You will get your PR visas at the same time and can land as PR's at the same time but the processing time is currently around 13 months for this.

The steps you take are like this: 1) get married, 2) apply for open work permit for him and wait until he joins you, 3) apply for PR for you both under CEC.

The reason is, you must get married first, otherwise you can not include him or apply for anything for him. Second, you apply for his work permit first because a condition of a work permit is staying temporarily, it may be harder to get a work permit if you have already applied for PR. 3rd, after you are married, you got his work permit and he is with you, go ahead and apply for PR for both.
Leon, how can I send you private msg? Thank you so much for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spcky99 said:
Leon, how can I send you private msg? Thank you so much for your help.
Click the member's name and you would prompt to the member's profile screen. Under "additional information", you will see "Send this member a personal message". Click that and you would be prompt to a screen to write personal messages to that member.