+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The best material IELTS

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
I wondering if anyone here would know what is the best book or material to study for the IELTS for the four parts? I need to know which one it is and where to buy it on line. I just need to get the best one.

Thanks.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
if you want to take a course --> I can't recommend any, but try to find one that focuses on the test (what you really need is to get a good grade, not to learn the language)

if you want to practice for the test --> http://www.ielts.org/candidates/find_out_more/ielts_practice_materials.aspx

if you want to prepare for the test --> look for the books published by the university of cambridge

tilakm4

Aug 21, 2008
Posted by: eduardoF
Insert Quote
if you want to take a course --> I can't recommend any, but try to find one that focuses on the test (what you really need is to get a good grade, not to learn the language)

if you want to practice for the test --> http://www.ielts.org/candidates/find_out_more/ielts_practice_materials.aspx

if you want to prepare for the test --> look for the books published by the university of cambridge
The link is broken. Pls provide an alternate if u have.

Adddim

Nov 28, 2010
Best places online for free lessons

ielts-simon
dominic cole's ielts blog (he was my teacher)

Both are really good teachers and you get free daily lessons. Sorry not allowed to post links

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
the best way to prepare ielts

1) for speaking part watch youtube videos. you will see in reality how speaking test is done. watch as many as you can.

2) for writing part learn to write a letter / essay. how to start a letter, how many paragraphs, how to end letter. similarly how to write an essay, how many paragraphs, how to start and end. tips are available on youtube as well for writing. it is preferred to do task 2 (essay part) first as it carries more marks than task 1 (letter part)

3) for reading part practice cambridge ielts 1 to 7. learn skimming / scannig. you can be short of time in this part so practice as much as you can.

4) for listening part practice cambridge ielts 1 to 7. practice as much as you can.