+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thanks to this forum and members , Convention refugee

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
I would like to thank the admins and members for their useful forum and advice.
My refugee claim was accepted yesterday and my 18 months waiting period finally came to a happy end.

The decision was made orally so i wonder if i can apply for OSAP and OHIP before receiving a written decision ?!

Thank you.

PRCR

Jan 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syrian-g said:
My refugee claim was accepted yesterday and my 18 months waiting period finally came to a happy end.

The decision was made orally so i wonder if i can apply for OSAP and OHIP before receiving a written decision?!

Thank you.
WOW!!! congratulations to you.
You can only apply with the letter you will receive in the mail (Notice of Decision).

Once again, congratulations!!!

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
@ PRCR : Thank you.

@ Mr.Preppy : Have you got yours yet? If so how long did it take ? Thank you.

- Does anybody know how long does it take to get a refugee travel document ?
- i had two years US visa on my seized passport and it just expired today,i visited the states for three weeks and came back to Canada so i guess i have a good travel record, does anybody know if i can apply for US visa again using my refugee travel document ?

Thank you.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
syrian-g said:

- i had two years US visa on my seized passport and it just expired today,i visited the states for three weeks and came back to Canada so i guess i have a good travel record, does anybody know if i can apply for US visa again using my refugee travel document ?

Thank you.
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng&region=NonCA

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
syrian-g said:

The decision was made orally so i wonder if i can apply for OSAP and OHIP before receiving a written decision ?!

Thank you.
First, congratulation for this happy end. The answer is you need to wait until you get the decision letter. They you can get your OHIP. You can take the decision letter with other required document to service Canada to obtain OHIP. For OSAP, people at OSAP office told me NO. You need SIN and PR card to apply. So they refuse my request.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Thank you.
In regard to OSAP, it's surprising how they refused your request eventhough it says on their website that protected person is eligible for it.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
@Mr.Preppy: I received the written decision today, it was faster than what i thought it could take !

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
syrian-g said:

Thank you.
i received mine in less than a week. Its because i applied directly at the office in ottawa

press83

Dec 8, 2013
Child Born Overseas

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I hope I have landed in the right discussion page to discuss about my case

Myself and my wife are currently PR card holder of Canada ,she is currently migrated to Toronto for her higher studies in September 2013
I am still in India and waiting to migrate early next year. Our son was born in India in October 2012

I went through the documents for getting PR card for dependent children and it takes about 8 to 12 months for the visa to be place ,We don’t want to wait so long in India leaving our kid

Kindly let me know is there any alternative process to get the kid with us ASAP

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Child Born Overseas

press83 said:
Myself and my wife are currently PR card holder of Canada ,she is currently migrated to Toronto for her higher studies in September 2013
I am still in India and waiting to migrate early next year. Our son was born in India in October 2012

I went through the documents for getting PR card for dependent children and it takes about 8 to 12 months for the visa to be place ,We don't want to wait so long in India leaving our kid

Kindly let me know is there any alternative process to get the kid with us ASAP
You can try applying for a TRV for your child so that you can take your child with you to Canada. If the TRV is refused then you can try applying for a TRP. If the TRP is refused then one of you will have to travel to Canada (leaving the child behind) to submit the PR application and remain in Canada while the application is being processed.

press83

Dec 8, 2013
Thank you scylla

Do you know the processing time if i apply for PR for my son from canada and India ?
I was been told by an agent it takes 3 to 4 months if i process from India .He charges 25k for that
Your advice on this is highly appreciated