+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemi427 said:
I understand that the principal applicant has a restriction to work/stay in a province who nominates him/her...however, is this applicable to dependents aswell?
That understanding is flawed. As per the Canadian Charter, Citizens and Permanent Residents cannot be restricted to any one province. So it will be illegal to restrict your movement even if you were a provincial nominee in the first place.

See Section 6 (2) under Mobility Rights ---> http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Asivad,

A few more questions for you.

1). When you say explain something in the "letter of explanation" are you referring to the one letter of explanation which is optional and we are allowed to upload or you are referring to uploading a letter along with the area of concern lets say marriage certificate or employment documents. Which would mean if we have something additional to explain in multiple areas we would be uploading a letter each along with those documents or we lump all concerns in one letter and load it as the optional letter.

2). Also would you know if we are asked to upload educational documents for spouse if we have included education in the EE profile but have not claimed any points by saying no ECA performed. I'm not clear if I need to have these ready to be uploaded after ITA even if I didn't claim any points as I'm getting impression from some posts in the forum that if no points claimed, the system doesnot ask for the upload for spouse.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:
Hi Asivad,

A few more questions for you.

1). When you say explain something in the "letter of explanation" are you referring to the one letter of explanation which is optional and we are allowed to upload or you are referring to uploading a letter along with the area of concern lets say marriage certificate or employment documents. Which would mean if we have something additional to explain in multiple areas we would be uploading a letter each along with those documents or we lump all concerns in one letter and load it as the optional letter.

You can do it either way - have multiple sections in 1 letter of explanation where you highlight individual areas of concern OR have multiple LOEs which are uploaded in the respective section along with the other dcouments.

2). Also would you know if we are asked to upload educational documents for spouse if we have included education in the EE profile but have not claimed any points by saying no ECA performed. I'm not clear if I need to have these ready to be uploaded after ITA even if I didn't claim any points as I'm getting impression from some posts in the forum that if no points claimed, the system doesnot ask for the upload for spouse.

I'm not completely sure of this because I'm a single applicant but common sense dictates that if you haven't claimed points by saying no ECA done, asking for ECA is meaningless. I don't imagine CIC would ask you to upload ECA for the spouse. If they ask for diploma/degree to be uploaded, you can do that as-is except if they require translation.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I have a few questions regarding my ”Proof of Means of Financial Support“ and wondering if you could give me some suggestions:

I deposited $20,000 in my bank in Mar. 2015, the balance was about $29,000 till May, 2015. Then I borrowed $25,000 to my friend in May, so my balance was only about $3,000 during May to June. My friend repaid to me on June 20. And I also transferred another $9,000 from my home country bank account on June 23. So my balance was about $35,000 now. I plan to submit my PR application in the Mid-July.
My question is: will CIC be suspicious of the source of the money?

I also examined my payrolls in recent months, and found that the amounts of two deposits from my company did not match my payrolls. Each deposit has extra $20-30. Is this a big issue when I upload my payrolls and financial statement?

Thank you very much. .. :D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC clearly states that they want bank statements for the last 6 months and we can hypothesize that they require this primarily to check if the funds available came in recently or have been acquired gradually in the normal course of events. Why they might be interested in this is also explicitly stated - CIC doesn't want your funds to be encumbered. There is no concern with ups and down in your bank balance as long as you have documentation to support the following things,

1. You have sufficient monies (as per POF required in your case) in your back account on the date you get the back statement.

2. These monies were't borrowed from anyone and even if they are someone else's monies then they have extended these as a gift to you and not a loan (a signed declaration by that person(s) would be sufficient to prove this).

In short, you have 2 options - Wait for CIC to ask you any questions on this front and explain it then OR Explain these transactions upfront by attaching documentary proof (pay stubs, T4s etc) and LOE along with your bank statement uploads.

It is a concern of a different order (and probably not linked to your POF because the amounts seem to be minuscule) if your payroll doesn't match the deposits and I recommend you take it up with your organization and get it corrected at the earliest.

All the best!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
CIC clearly states that they want bank statements for the last 6 months and we can hypothesize that they require this primarily to check if the funds available came in recently or have been acquired gradually in the normal course of events. Why they might be interested in this is also explicitly stated - CIC doesn't want your funds to be encumbered. There is no concern with ups and down in your bank balance as long as you have documentation to support the following things,

1. You have sufficient monies (as per POF required in your case) in your back account on the date you get the back statement.

2. These monies were't borrowed from anyone and even if they are someone else's monies then they have extended these as a gift to you and not a loan (a signed declaration by that person(s) would be sufficient to prove this).

In short, you have 2 options - Wait for CIC to ask you any questions on this front and explain it then OR Explain these transactions upfront by attaching documentary proof (pay stubs, T4s etc) and LOE along with your bank statement uploads.

It is a concern of a different order (and probably not linked to your POF because the amounts seem to be minuscule) if your payroll doesn't match the deposits and I recommend you take it up with your organization and get it corrected at the earliest.

All the best!
Hi Asivad,
Most of my money was from my home country's bank account. My payrolls may not explain the source. That is what I concern. But I may find the transaction records from my home country bank account. Will that help? But in that case, will CIC question the source of money in my home country bank account? :D

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Guys,

i have improved my score taking ielts again...
with yesterday unofficial ielts results my score went to 451...
but i ll get my original report on monday by courier.

i m thinking is it ok if i update my scores today itself???
expecting some draw to night...

pls guys... appreciate your help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
Most of my money was from my home country's bank account. My payrolls may not explain the source. That is what I concern. But I may find the transaction records from my home country bank account. Will that help? But in that case, will CIC question the source of money in my home country bank account? :D
CIC reserves the right to question you on the source of funds. If you can satisfactorily explain how you got the money in the first place (if and when asked questions by CIC), you're on safe ground as far as POF is concerned.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ullu_ka_pattha said:
don't really know at what point of day was it last week as most of us were caught pleasantly off guard!
However the ppl who moved ecas in process before us took a good 10 days to get PPR.. We are expecting it in 7 :)
So Friday was a big letdown. Hoping for a Tuesday miracle now... ::)

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi,

I have a query regarding education and experience relevancy. My spouse did her Bachelor of Commerce (2006) and MBA (Finance) in 2008. Presently she is working with a Private Accounting Company for a Chartered Accountant for the past more than two years. Since she is not a Chartered accountant so we have zeroed in on NOC 1311 to apply under Express Entry as she can't apply under NOC 1111 as that NOC specifically applies to applicants having Chartered Accountant certification under their belt. However, a consultant has suggested that she is overqualified for the NOC 1311 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers) and she will end up jeopardizing her chances of getting an ITA. It is obvious why would immigration authorities award points for education which is not at all required. Hence, I seek clarification from the forum.

Kindly help...

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi Asivad

I got my IELTS exam results today
with Listening 7.5 Speaking 7.5
Reading 6.5 Writing 6

I was confident that i could score very good in Reading & Writing.

I m thinking what if i do enquiry on results (only reading & writing)?

1. What are the chances of improvements in Reading & Writing modules?? does any one see improvements? is it worth?
2.Is there any possiblitiy score may go down?

please help me... thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oka said:
Hi Asivad

I got my IELTS exam results today
with Listening 7.5 Speaking 7.5
Reading 6.5 Writing 6

I was confident that i could score very good in Reading & Writing.

I m thinking what if i do enquiry on results (only reading & writing)?

1. What are the chances of improvements in Reading & Writing modules?? does any one see improvements? is it worth?

Chances of score improvement in Reading are usually minimal because the answers are fairly straightforward. Revaluation of the Writing section has comparatively better chances of score improvement. The cost of revaluation is 50% of the cost of the test and the amount is refunded if there is a score change upwards.

2.Is there any possiblitiy score may go down?

No. It either remains the same or goes up.

please help me... thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspiringme said:
Hi,

I have a query regarding education and experience relevancy. My spouse did her Bachelor of Commerce (2006) and MBA (Finance) in 2008. Presently she is working with a Private Accounting Company for a Chartered Accountant for the past more than two years. Since she is not a Chartered accountant so we have zeroed in on NOC 1311 to apply under Express Entry as she can't apply under NOC 1111 as that NOC specifically applies to applicants having Chartered Accountant certification under their belt. However, a consultant has suggested that she is overqualified for the NOC 1311 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers) and she will end up jeopardizing her chances of getting an ITA. It is obvious why would immigration authorities award points for education which is not at all required. Hence, I seek clarification from the forum.

Kindly help...
NOCs are related to job roles & responsibilities. The educational requirements for a NOC are purely recommendatory in nature unless stated otherwise in the official NOC description itself.

CIC neither scrutinizes an application by matching education with NOC nor do they question points awarded for an educational qualification which isn't being used by the PA or dependent. Even if your spouse weren't working at all, she can still get points under CRS for her education. Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is done by 3rd party organizations and their report is sufficient to convince CIC about the qualifications and the validity of the scores claimed on behalf of those. That's all CIC is bothered about when it comes to Educational qualifications.

Recommend that you proceed with the NOC that you've chosen without worrying about the fact that your spouse is probably overqualified for that NOC.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Asivad,

which is the most reliable CRS points calculator.

Regards

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
yes asivad. Thank you so much big brother! :)