+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
Dear Asivad

I have been trying to sort out my refusal letter and i just realized that when i first created my EE profile i was granted 480 CRS points and thenon March 8 cic increased it to 505 on their own. I then got ITA on March 20 with the new CRS points of 505.
I got rejected basically because they only considered 1 year canadian work experience and that reduced my CRS points back to 480.

My question to you is: Do you know if CIC has changed the CRS scoring criteria? Is it the same since January to date or have they changed their scoring system?

Any feedback from you will be extremely helpful.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

Just wanted to check in and see how your application was going... I remember you re-sent the new one with August ITA... any luck with that? or any progress on the CSE for the old one?

Hope all is well!

Best of luck

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi guys
Confused!!
I have more than 6 years experience in only one occupation.
All related to foreign work experience.
In between this whole work exp. i was on medical leave for three months.
Its also mentioned in my work exp by HR department.
But my employment is still in this oraganzation from last 2 yrs. IN EE i shown it continued employment because if i leave the gap of medical leave then system create new tab. But this exp belongs to same organization.

ono

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2015
AOR Received.
23-08-2015
I filled in my father's date of birth wrongly on my PR application form; 28/04/1954, but his correct date of birth is 28/03/1954. Now an filling out a Schedule A and I realize my mistake what should I do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricCartman said:
Dear Asivad

I have been trying to sort out my refusal letter and i just realized that when i first created my EE profile i was granted 480 CRS points and thenon March 8 cic increased it to 505 on their own. I then got ITA on March 20 with the new CRS points of 505.
I got rejected basically because they only considered 1 year canadian work experience and that reduced my CRS points back to 480.

My question to you is: Do you know if CIC has changed the CRS scoring criteria? Is it the same since January to date or have they changed their scoring system?

Any feedback from you will be extremely helpful.
I'm terribly sorry for your refusal.

CIC did change the CEC criteria earlier this year when they removed the restriction that experience had to be continuous. Nothing else changed for CEC on the work experience front.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
Hi guys
Confused!!
I have more than 6 years experience in only one occupation.
All related to foreign work experience.
In between this whole work exp. i was on medical leave for three months.
Its also mentioned in my work exp by HR department.
But my employment is still in this oraganzation from last 2 yrs. IN EE i shown it continued employment because if i leave the gap of medical leave then system create new tab. But this exp belongs to same organization.
You don't have to show this gap anywhere. It doesn't impact your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ono said:
I filled in my father's date of birth wrongly on my PR application form; 28/04/1954, but his correct date of birth is 28/03/1954. Now an filling out a Schedule A and I realize my mistake what should I do?
Make this change in Schedule A and provide a short explanation that you entered the month field incorrectly in your PR application and are making the change here - not a deal-breaker.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Hi Asivad,

Just wanted to check in and see how your application was going... I remember you re-sent the new one with August ITA... any luck with that? or any progress on the CSE for the old one?

Hope all is well!

Best of luck
So far so good... :)

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You don't have to show this gap anywhere. It doesn't impact your application.
Thanks
Yes my my work exp letters showing that job is continuously going in same position, same organisation but after medical leave , i was transferred to other branch.
. There is no gap in my history also. I filled employed during medical leave because i m under contract and again after leave i joined the same organisation with different branch

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Sit and wait for the draw only if you have a 450+ score. If you have a below 400 score, retake IELTS to improve your score. If you have a 400-450 score, look around for any and all PN opportunities (most of them are done for 2015, Quebec is yet to open).
Perfect, this helps. One more silly question but still wanted to run this thru for your opinion. What should I do with job match notifications I am getting from job bank ? Should I just ignore them for now ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infomaster said:
Perfect, this helps. One more silly question but still wanted to run this thru for your opinion. What should I do with job match notifications I am getting from job bank ? Should I just ignore them for now ?
Check out the vacancies and explore the ones you like. They are unlikely to materialize if you don't have work status in Canada but it gives you some understanding of the job market.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I have the below questions.I am filling the post ITA forms

1)What must be the option to choose in drop down "Field of study" for the following degrees (Indian degrees)

Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science ( B.E )
Master of Business Administration - Finance (M.B.A)

2)My wife never worked / never showed intention to work both before and after marriage . What should I choose in her personal history ,
"Home maker " or "Unemployed"
Should I specifically mention before and after marriage?

3)So I am residing for last 4 yrs in USA , in middle once went to vacation to india .. I understand it has to come under travel history . hould I also mention in address history ? (change of address to India address )

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Asivad,

I have the below questions.I am filling the post ITA forms

1)What must be the option to choose in drop down "Field of study" for the following degrees (Indian degrees)

Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science ( B.E )

Probably 'Other' as I don't remember Engg/Tech being an option. If there is a 'Computers' or related option, go for it.

Master of Business Administration - Finance (M.B.A)

Business/Commerce.

2)My wife never worked / never showed intention to work both before and after marriage . What should I choose in her personal history ,
"Home maker " or "Unemployed"
Should I specifically mention before and after marriage?

Unemployed as a continuous category before/after marriage. Just 1 line item there.

3)So I am residing for last 4 yrs in USA , in middle once went to vacation to india .. I understand it has to come under travel history . hould I also mention in address history ? (change of address to India address )

No. Address would still be in the US because this was a vacation.

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Query on Address History section in the online EE form -

I have travelled extensively in the last 10 years and getting addresses of each hotel I stayed in last 10 years was an expedition. Finally now I have all the required details but stuck with an issue while doing data entry.

e.g. I travelled to US from Date A to Date B and then returned to home country
After a few months I travelled again from Date X to Date Y and then back to home.

To represent these would I added 3 entries as below -

US Date A Date B Address
Home Date B+1 Date X -1 Address
US Date X Date Y Address

Due to the numerous trips after 30 entries I started getting the following error -
“You have reached the maximum number of records permitted for this table. If you have more data than this table holds, make sure your most recent data is captured.”

To ensure I had entries for each international travel I removed some entries for Home and instead added on Entry as below

Home Date (DOB in 2005) Current Address

I plan to add a note in LOE mentioning this issue and what workaround I had to do.

Anything else I should add or do differently here ... ??

md321

Aug 15, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I rcvd an ITA in 17th draw and I was reading some of your posts which were very helpful.I have some doubts about following issue and posted in another thread also, but did not get any solution. If you have any idea, can you please help to clarify below doubts?

I have applied in 2011 under FSW. But I was informed by CIC that my application was not eligible for processing as my supporting documents to prove NOC were not enough. Though nothing was mentioned about refusal or rejection, there was a UCI number.And the fee was refunded.
Now after receiving ITA, while filling up the online application, I discovered that I made some mistake during filling my last PR application back in 2011. I am confused about following things.

1.Do they keep record of application which was not processed but got a UCI number ?

2. In CIC mail, there was no word "refusal" or "rejection". It contained a UCI number, application number and following message
" I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):
After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the position as described in NOC. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a xxxx .
Since you did not provide evidence that you have an Arranged Employment Offer, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.
Your application, therefore, does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker class, you may qualify under another category.
Thank you for your interest in Canada. "

In Statutory declaration now I have to choose 'yes' to the following question ?
#Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa ?
#Have you been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave canada or other country ?

3. After this kind of letter, can I use the same job experience with another suitable NOC with more supporting documents? Will it be a mispresentation because same job experience is used for 2 different NOC in 2 different application?

4. I put my mother's place(City, town) of birth wrong in 2011 application schedule 1. Instead I put my father's place of birth . But the country was right. Now I am filling the correct one which is mentioned in her birth certificate. Will there be any negative consequence for this ?

5. Two of my previous employment duration was from 2002/06 to 2006/04 and 2007/12 to 2010/07. But in 2011 application, I put the duration from 2002/06 to 2006/05 and 2007/12 to 2010/08. Now I am filling the correct date. This discrepancy of 1 month for each employment will have any negative effect ?

6. I travel a lot for professional reason. And in 2011 application, I missed a tour of 7 days to South Korea in Personal history declaration. This time I am correcting this mistake also. Will it be a problem ?

Is there any possibility that correction of any these mistakes can be treated as mispresentation ?

Thanks