+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Just receiving an invite won't suffice. If you get an AOR from Ontario, they will continue to process your application even if your birthday brings your points below 400. Currently, members are awaiting AOR even 100 days beyond submission.
Thanks for your reply bro

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Halifaxian said:
Hi Asivad.

While landing somewhere, is it OK to leave a local friend's home address to receive the permanent resident card?

Thank you very much.
Yes

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday, I made my express entry profile and got 450 points. When can I expect a nomination from Ontario?

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
@Asivad,

I'm at CRS 454. Given the unexpected changes that the new Trudeau and the liberal party are making and the focus on refugees over economic migrants, do you think the number of invitations is likely to increase above ~1000 and will CRS come down to 454? Should I spend the money on a provincial nomination?

I know that an OINP is for 1500. Is there a more reasonably priced alternate? My NOC is 0621 so I don't think I'd be on 'scare occupation' of Saskatoon so I guess that is not an option. Any other options?

*side rant: I'm livid at this recent development. I guess the whole idea of "making immigration easier for students" is BS because EE was the main method for students to get PR. I'm reconsidering the whole idea of immigration, who the f#$k wants to go through all this new BS just to end up working at Tim Horton's or some other shit job in Toronto*

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jj_g said:
Hi Guys,
I got a request for schedule A,
"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please provide details on your personal history for the period June 2006- Sept 2008"

Will like to confirm if i only need to provide the details of personal history requested between June 2006 and Sept 2008 or do i need to fill the whole form.
Secondly between the period of June 2006 and September 2006 i was home cos i finished uni June 2006 so is it okay to put unemployed there?

Will appreciate responses
Just what is asked for. It is perfectly fine to put 'unemployed'.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhs said:
HI Asivad

Is it necessary to carry the settlement fund with us during the first landing ??

Is it possible that during the first landing we can take less amount but after couple of months we can bring the remaining amount from our home country?

Also, my Indian passport is going to expire in next 5-6 months and at that time i will be in canada. So whats the procedure to renew my passport??

Thanks alot
1. You don't have to carry everything in cash or cheques or cards. But you may be asked for settlement funds at landing and you must have documents ready to showcase that you continue to have exclusive access to unencumbered funds as required in your situation.

2. You'll have to check with the Consulate General of India in Toronto.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syeduzairhaider said:
Yesterday, I made my express entry profile and got 450 points. When can I expect a nomination from Ontario?
Within a week if they are still sending it out. Check their site for the latest information on that. If you don't get PT within a week's time, consider withdrawing and recreating your profile to see if that triggers anything.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
@Asivad,

I'm at CRS 454. Given the unexpected changes that the new Trudeau and the liberal party are making and the focus on refugees over economic migrants, do you think the number of invitations is likely to increase above ~1000 and will CRS come down to 454? Should I spend the money on a provincial nomination?

454 is iffy for now. The next draw should probably make things clearer. What is known for sure is that economic immigrant targets are down 20% from 2015 and half of 2016 immigration targets are expected to be fulfilled from the backlog. That information coupled with the reduced number of ITAs in this week's draw leads one to believe that it will be a while before the cutoff drops below even 460.

I know that an OINP is for 1500. Is there a more reasonably priced alternate? My NOC is 0621 so I don't think I'd be on 'scare occupation' of Saskatoon so I guess that is not an option. Any other options?

Check New Brunswick and Prince Edward Islands. They had NOC agnostic programs last year. BC and Manitoba were more restrictive.

*side rant: I'm livid at this recent development. I guess the whole idea of "making immigration easier for students" is BS because EE was the main method for students to get PR. I'm reconsidering the whole idea of immigration, who the f#$k wants to go through all this new BS just to end up working at Tim Horton's or some other *censored word* job in Toronto*

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, quick question...

I just realized I only scaned the original diplomas both sides without the transcripts with the grade for each course. Of course with translation and wes report.

What should I do? They do not mention transcripts in the info button. Did I do wrongly?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
Hi, quick question...

I just realized I only scaned the original diplomas both sides without the transcripts with the grade for each course. Of course with translation and wes report.

What should I do? They do not mention transcripts in the info button. Did I do wrongly?
IIRC, they don't ask for transcripts or the ECA report. They just ask for the ECA reference number and degree/diploma copy (and certified translations, if applicable).

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I should be on the safe side .. I sent all of this.
I jist wondered if it is a risk maybe I can send it additionally.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
So I should be on the safe side .. I sent all of this.
I jist wondered if it is a risk maybe I can send it additionally.
Not required. You've sent all the right stuff already.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! After all the posts I read that people are uploading transcripts, you are definitely giving me a peace of mind.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Canadian Masters and Bachelors from India. While creating my profile, I have answered NO for the questions related to ECA for bachelors.

I am invited under the FSW class. Am I suppose to submit an ECA for the bachelor degree from India? I never got this done by WES as I answered NO. Kindly, provide me your insight.