Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Dear Asivad / rajkamalmohanram, need your advise guys. My lawyer submitted my PR application last friday but I noticed a mistake yesterday. He had uploaded my PCC in place of my wife's PCC. I informed him and he now had submitted a CSE.

Please let me know how much time it takes for CIC to amend the profile with the correct document. Do they let us know when they finish processing of a CSE. Any inputs you have would help me a lot, thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shankargv said:
Dear Asivad / rajkamalmohanram, need your advise guys. My lawyer submitted my PR application last friday but I noticed a mistake yesterday. He had uploaded my PCC in place of my wife's PCC. I informed him and he now had submitted a CSE.

Please let me know how much time it takes for CIC to amend the profile with the correct document. Do they let us know when they finish processing of a CSE. Any inputs you have would help me a lot, thanks.
Well, there is no standard time as to when the application will be amended - depends on the officer handling your case. CIC might or moght not get back but IMHO, I think you are fine. You have NOT missed any documents; Its just that you have uploaded it in the wrong place holder. Don't worry! Good luck!

shankargv

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, there is no standard time as to when the application will be amended - depends on the officer handling your case. CIC might or moght not get back but IMHO, I think you are fine. You have NOT missed any documents; Its just that you have uploaded it in the wrong place holder. Don't worry! Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, in fact he missed my wife's PCC. He uploaded my PCC for mine which is correct and he uploaded my PCC again for my wife as well. That's why I am worrying.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saahil88 said:
Hi Asivad , hoping you can help!

I applied under FSW in Toronto on October 22, 2015. On October 27th my work permit and visa expired and and I had to move back to my home country (India).

I emailed the CIC office in my city through CSE to inform about the address change but did not hear back. My ECAS still had my canadian address last time I was able to access it.

Now I'm not sure how to get it updated. Should I email the CIC office in India again or the office in Canada?

Also, will this affect my application in any way? Will my application be transferred to my home country VO and cause delays?

Thank you in Advance!
This won't affect your application. Just send a CSE for address update.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shankargv said:
Thanks for your reply, in fact he missed my wife's PCC. He uploaded my PCC for mine which is correct and he uploaded my PCC again for my wife as well. That's why I am worrying.
Oops. Okay, there is nothing we can do other than wait. Hope that things go well! Keep us posted.

All the very best!

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

I got married last month, and notified CIC for the change in status last month.

I received my AOR in September 2015 and I submitted my finger prints on Oct 28th, 2015. I have not yet received the positive AOR. I updated the status change on Nov 25th, 2015. I am still waiting for the reponse or request for documentation of my wife from CIC.

Question: from the time I received my AOR in Sept 2015, how much more time am I waiting here to get the PR process done? My wife and I will be get it together, any guesses or advice on the timeline I am looking here during this process to get everything done by?

Please note: My wife's visitor visa got rejected although I showed the Consulate that I (primary applicants) file is under process and my wife has been added as a secondary applicant. My file had all possible documentation to prove my marriage and relationship, her status in current country of residence, her employment and plans to visit me and then go back while her file for PR is under process.

So, if anyone is making plans to get along with them on Visitor visa, be cautious as the visitor visa for spouse is really risky.

Please advice me on the timeline for my file I should be looking at after I added my wife in my PR application.

Thanks.

grimano

Oct 11, 2015
grimano said:
Dear Asivad

I am expecting an ITA in the next draw and I have a question re "have you used another name?" question.

My name in my birth certificate is John Richard Anders T. Smith (not real; just for illustration). When I first got a passport when I was 8, my name there was and still is John Richard T. Smith (not sure why Anders was removed, possibly too long to fit). My nickname is Rich and so when growing up, I used the name Richard T. Smith a lot and my Driver's license has the name Richard T. Smith as well as some financial accounts. I have gotten a notarized affidavit that states that all 3 names pertain to one and the same person. In my EE profile and future PR app, I have to use John Richard T. Smith as that is the name in my passport.

My questions are:

1. What do I answer to "Have you used another name?"
2. What docs do I need to upload in case I have to answer "yes" to question 1?

Thanks for the input. I always appreciate it
Asivad or anyone can help pls?

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Do I need to notify CIC (before/after) regarding travelling abroad for 2weeks starting from DEC 23rd? Will this cause any pbm if I didn't notify ?

Thanks in advance
RJ

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
Asivad Anac said:
Perfectly legitimate provided you can also prove ownership of the assets prior to sale so that it is conclusively proven that these aren't borrowed funds.
Dear Asivad,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have the original invoices for the jewelries. Should I make copies of the jewelries and notarize them?

In addition, I had selected NOC 4163 - Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants in my Express Entry Profile.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4163&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Could you please see the following reference letter and tell if it matches to NOC 4163 description? My employer is more than happy to cooperate.

To whom It may Concern

It is our immense pleasure to certify that Mr. Arifur Rahman has been working with XXXX Ltd. since July 17, 2009. He initially started as an Executive officer in our Business Development department and from April 07, 2011 till today he is working as a Team Leader of the same Department (Business Development). According to our office timesheet, he worked 40 hours per week for both positions.

Some of his major roles in the position of an Executive Officer (17 July 2009 to 6 April 2011):

• Analyzing, interpreting and presenting numerical data related to calculation of accrued benefits, liabilities and normal cost in accordance with regulatory requirements.

• Maintain timely communications and an effective working relationship with the client; respond to requests from clients, participants, attorneys, employers and consultants.

• Preparing Annual Valuation reports for projects.

• Finding new clients through extensive research on various sources and contacting them directly

• Preparing the list of clients served and the nature of services provided, and tracking the time for the purpose of annual billing.

Some of his major roles in the position of the Team Leader (7 April, 2011 to till date)

• Develop and promote marketing plans for Retirement and Institutional Services within the geographical area served by regional office.

• Design questionnaires to determine market demand for new and existing Retirement and Institutional Services.

• Coordinate activities with appropriate representative of investment companies and various level of management to ensure maximum effectiveness and positive results.

• Work cooperatively with Retirement Plan New Business Team in assessing and acquiring new business opportunities.

• Maintain timely communications and an effective working relationship with the client; respond to requests from clients, participants, attorneys, employers and consultants.

• Gather and analyze data on competitor activity; and on customer demographics, buying habits, and preferences

• Coordinate all aspects of the client relationship to measure the customer satisfaction and work closely with the internal team to ensure highest quality service.

• Lead proposal process in responding to large-scale, often complex proposals This includes researching background information, facilitating proposal design sessions, writing and editing sections of technical and budget narratives

• Project level reporting-Writing detailed reports and presenting illustration on variances to the approved project timeline.

• Acquiring and updating knowledge of Retirement Plan industry provided by XXXX XXXX and the allies and vendors (XXX, XX, and XX).

Thank You

XXXXXX
HR
Sign & Seal

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
in personal history form, I had to fill up 2 years 2012 to 2014 as my education timeline as per my visa/permit. However, I changed my course from two years to one year.. and graduated. (we don't have to change visa).

so Will it be a conflict that even though I am mentioning 2 years, I still have a one year degree awarded..

other question is, in my present offer letter, it says '.. the duration of contract is 24 months...' however, in my reference letter, they mentioned it as permanent full time position.. will it be a reason to worry?

Thank you in advance for you help.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Hello Asivad,
while paying the fees online, if the transaction fails with one card, how soon i know that that transaction has failed? The system immediately tells or does it take some days to convey that the transaction has failed? Also, can i try once again with some other card?
(Planning to make payment with my debit card first and if it doesn't work than will use the friend's credit card)

I will be submitting my application this weekend,,,so if you can please help me on this....
Thanks...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
Hello Asivad,
while paying the fees online, if the transaction fails with one card, how soon i know that that transaction has failed? The system immediately tells or does it take some days to convey that the transaction has failed? Also, can i try once again with some other card?
(Planning to make payment with my debit card first and if it doesn't work than will use the friend's credit card)

I will be submitting my application this weekend,,,so if you can please help me on this....
Thanks...
Only credit cards are accepted. Avoid making payments using debit cards.

Selinah

Nov 21, 2015
Dear Everyone,

I am in a dilemma, I am hoping someone can help me out.

I got my ITA on the 4th of December and I already got all my documents (police certificate, medicals, reference letter) then I realised that for my previous experience, I backdated the start date by 2 weeks (instead of using my resumption date of 2nd June, I used the acceptance date on the employment letter (18th May). I would not have qualified for the ITA if not for the error as my CRS would have been 25 points less.

My dilemma is should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool? Will my medicals and police certificate still be valid if I do this or I will have to get another one? The reference letter given to me by my previous employer shows that I started work on the 18th May but my conscience would not let me rest. Kindly advise me, is it wise to decline the ITA?

Thank you.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Only credit cards are accepted. Avoid making payments using debit cards.
can i use my friend's credit card?