+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thalassemia Major Applying with Express Entry PR

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
Hello experts. This is Ahsan from Oman, I'm a Pakistani National born and brought up in Oman. My treatment of regular blood transfusion is going on here every 4 weeks, Im planning to apply for PR on express entry program. I'm very curious to know about the procedure and if I would be declared unfit upon medical exam which is necessary. I'm very well managed physically and mentally and require no surgeries or costly medications expect regular blood transfusions.

Did anyone go through all this and got succeeded ??.. & Do they provide treatment on Permanent Residency

Please Help...!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello experts. This is Ahsan from Oman, I'm a Pakistani National born and brought up in Oman. My treatment of regular blood transfusion is going on here every 4 weeks, Im planning to apply for PR on express entry program. I'm very curious to know about the procedure and if I would be declared unfit upon medical exam which is necessary. I'm very well managed physically and mentally and require no surgeries or costly medications expect regular blood transfusions.

Did anyone go through all this and got succeeded ??.. & Do they provide treatment on Permanent Residency

Please Help...!!
Yes, treatment is provided once you are a permanent resident.

You can expect that your EE application will undergo a much closer review due to your medical condition. IRCC will need to assess if you are medically admissible to Canada based on the need for monthly blood transfusions. So yes, it's possible that you may be assessed to be medically inadmissible and refused (even though you are fit) due to the costs to the Canadian health care system to treat your condition. While you may need no surgeries or medications, there is obviously a cost to the transfusions.

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
Yes, treatment is provided once you are a permanent resident.

You can expect that your EE application will undergo a much closer review due to your medical condition. IRCC will need to assess if you are medically admissible to Canada based on the need for monthly blood transfusions. So yes, it's possible that you may be assessed to be medically inadmissible and refused (even though you are fit) due to the costs to the Canadian health care system to treat your condition. While you may need no surgeries or medications, there is obviously a cost to the transfusions.
Thanks for replying Scylla, I planned to proceed with Canadian PR because the government here has stopped my treatment here due to Omanisation law which came into effect after the new king arrived. All expatriates in Oman cannot receive treatment in government hospitals anymore as I was born and getting my treatment in the same Royal Hospital Oman the only hospital which has a Thalassemia Day Care ward and senior hematologist/ trained nurses with appropriate infusion pumps other required medications needed while transfusion process.

If I get refused by IRCC, is there any option if can make a appeal ? will they reconsider my decision, or possibly can I seek asylum at port of entry on the medical ground basis since I'm not receiving my treatment here anymore.

Please Help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for replying Scylla, I planned to proceed with Canadian PR because the government here has stopped my treatment here due to Omanisation law which came into effect after the new king arrived. All expatriates in Oman cannot receive treatment in government hospitals anymore as I was born and getting my treatment in the same Royal Hospital Oman the only hospital which has a Thalassemia Day Care ward and senior hematologist/ trained nurses with appropriate infusion pumps other required medications needed while transfusion process.

If I get refused by IRCC, is there any option if can make a appeal ? will they reconsider my decision, or possibly can I seek asylum at port of entry on the medical ground basis since I'm not receiving my treatment here anymore.

Please Help
If your application is refused on medical grounds, then you can appeal with the help of a lawyer in Canada.

In terms of making a refugee claim, you could try to do that on a TRV but this is not a certain path. You would need to show that Oman is no longer an option for you, as well as your home country. Even then, approval would be far from guaranteed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Please Help
Just to add to my comment above, it looks like you are from Pakistan. If that's the case, I don't think a refugee claim is possible since you can get treatment in Pakistan.

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
Just to add to my comment above, it looks like you are from Pakistan. If that's the case, I don't think a refugee claim is possible since you can get treatment in Pakistan.
Can you suggest any suitable lawyer in Canada which works out for me please ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you suggest any suitable lawyer in Canada which works out for me please ?
I've never hired an immigration lawyer and don't have one to recommend.

However this forum is paid for by an immigration lawyer. If you want to connect with them, click on the "cambellcohen" in the top left hand corner of the page.

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
I've never hired an immigration lawyer and don't have one to recommend.

However this forum is paid for by an immigration lawyer. If you want to connect with them, click on the "cambellcohen" in the top left hand corner of the page.
alright thanks for tip stay blessed