+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW problem with wages and return fare

worldwarII

Sep 21, 2010
we have this issue with our employer. we are under minimum wage eventhough we've been working for almost 2 years. and also about the return fare, they told us that our employer just gonna give a one way fare coz the other one way fare was given already to our agency which our agency is denying about this. i dont know who to call or where to seek help with these problem. hope that somebody can help or give advise. We are in vancouver and everybody knows that living here is expensive and costly. with our wage that is still below minimum, we find it hard to save here. and aside from that, we also work more than 8 hours a day without overtime pay.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Call the labour board and immigration.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
This is just the reason why the Immigration Ministry is cracking down on Temporary Workers. Too many are being exploited.

Check your contract and then get in touch with the labor board.

worldwarII

Sep 21, 2010
can you share a link with the labour boards number or where can i contact them? as long as the embassy? thanks..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

worldwarII said:
can you share a link with the labour boards number or where can i contact them? as long as the embassy? thanks..
1. They are Provincial so look under Dept Labour or Labour Relations in the province where you work
2. If your employer is paying your return fare home, then I think that your beef would be with whoever paid for your tickets to Canada. If the employer says he paid the agency, that is who you will probably have to go after.
3. If the employer is paying less than the minimum wage before deductions taxes, CPP and EI and room and or board if it is provided or less than the signed contract, you may have a case.

nurudeena

Jun 27, 2010
we have this issue with our employer. we are under minimum wage eventhough we've been working for almost 2 years. and also about the return fare, they told us that our employer just gonna give a one way fare coz the other one way fare was given already to our agency which our agency is denying about this. i dont know who to call or where to seek help with these problem. hope that somebody can help or give advise. We are in vancouver and everybody knows that living here is expensive and costly. with our wage that is still below minimum, we find it hard to save here. and aside from that, we also work more than 8 hours a day without overtime pay.

worldwarII,

Can please give me what employer pay overtheir in vancouver?
waiting to hear from you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find some of their offices here: http://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/contact/branch.htm and there is also a toll free number on the right side of the page for general enquiries.

If you have a legitimate complaint against your employer, they will probably want you to come and talk to them in person, show them your documents and pay slips etc. before they take action against your employer.