+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEST TO OATH TIMELINE (CBSA CHECK NEEDED)? St Clair CIC

halim27_17

Mar 24, 2014
Hey,

Let's open a thread and share timelines for people who asked for CBSA consent in St Clair during the interview. Here is mine,

Application Received-->Nov, 2011
RQ Received-->July, 2012
RQ Sent-->July, 2012
Notice to prepare for Citizenship test-->Dec, 2013
Test passed and Interview--> March, 24, 2014 (CBSA check needed as per officer)
Oath date--> ???

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is even worst at Scarborough ... CIC-Scar sent me consent form 2 Months after the test

halim27_17 said:
Hey,

Let's open a thread and share timelines for people who asked for CBSA consent in St Clair during the interview. Here is mine,

RQ Received-->July, 2012
RQ Sent-->July, 2012
Oath date--> ???

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No i think Halim is even in worse scenario - applied in 2011! I'm surprised they did that for you even after RQ. Good luck to you guys - i'm thinking they had doubts during the interview for both of you. How was their body language?

vinaypuri said:
Mine is even worst at Scarborough ... CIC-Scar sent me consent form 2 Months after the test

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my interview she did not expressed any concerns and mentioned that I will get Oath invite in 2 Months. Only issue with my app is, I had lot of umstamped US trips.. Few days ago I realized I also missed declaring a day trip to buffalo. so i m up for everything, RQ,hearing etc.

bangloboy said:
No i think Halim is even in worse scenario - applied in 2011! I'm surprised they did that for you even after RQ. Good luck to you guys - i'm thinking they had doubts during the interview for both of you. How was their body language?

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
Hi Guys,

I am not in St Clair, but in the same shoes as your thread, I am wondering what the outcome is for your processing. Oaths? How long did it take after test? RQ? etc

Thank you.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting - Approaching 1 year since I took the test.

:(

notalawyer said:
Hi Guys,

I am not in St Clair, but in the same shoes as your thread, I am wondering what the outcome is for your processing. Oaths? How long did it take after test? RQ? etc

Thank you.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
halim27_17 said:
Hey,

RQ Received-->July, 2012
RQ Sent-->July, 2012
Oath date--> ???
Similar timeline here give or take a few months. I took my test in April of 2014. I am beyond enraged over the Conservative run CIC treatment of my case or others in similar situations. I can't wait for the next year's election to help depose the Cons.

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
halim27_17 said:
Hey,

RQ Received-->July, 2012
RQ Sent-->July, 2012
Test passed and Interview--> March, 24, 2014 (CBSA check needed as per officer.

You have my same time line, but I passed test end of July & still waiting for oath, CBSA was supplied with RQ replied July 2012, with all supporting documents but at the day of test nobody has looked at the documents.
We should write together a letter to Minister of immigration judging his speech about blockage being removed, there are still applicant from 2011-2012 waiting while the new applicants became citizens long time ago.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladygaga-93 said:
halim27_17 said:
Hey,

RQ Received-->July, 2012
RQ Sent-->July, 2012
Test passed and Interview--> March, 24, 2014 (CBSA check needed as per officer.

You have my same time line, but I passed test end of July & still waiting for oath, CBSA was supplied with RQ replied July 2012, with all supporting documents but at the day of test nobody has looked at the documents.
We should write together a letter to Minister of immigration judging his speech about blockage being removed, there are still applicant from 2011-2012 waiting while the new applicants became citizens long time ago.
I don't know what we, the average Joes and Josephines, could do to force the Conservatives to change their mistreatment of 2011-2012 applicants.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Australia, a country with laws and form of government similar to Canada, it takes "80 calendar days" to process a citizenship application. From the time your app is received to the time they make a decision is a matter of mere 80 days.

What's wrong with Canada and its government departments? Why can't we be like Asutralia? Why does Canada have to be so mediocre when it comes to treating immigrants with respect and dignity?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valid point. It has been approaching one year I took test and no Oath yet ... :) By now all the excitement about Canadian Citizenship has evaporated and I just don't care anymore to be a proud Canadian. Renewed PR and moved on with daily life.

Rayan14 said:
In Australia, a country with laws and form of government similar to Canada, it takes "80 calendar days" to process a citizenship application. From the time your app is received to the time they make a decision is a matter of mere 80 days.

What's wrong with Canada and its government departments? Why can't we be like Asutralia? Why does Canada have to be so mediocre when it comes to treating immigrants with respect and dignity?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Valid point. It has been approaching one year I took test and no Oath yet ... :) By now all the excitement about Canadian Citizenship has evaporated and I just don't care anymore to be a proud Canadian. Renewed PR and moved on with daily life.
Same here...

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
Rayan14 said:

Its not just Asutralia (where is that? spell check :), check other developed countries processing time. Now to your question, Nothing is wrong with Canada, not sure about people running the place - so no comment about Canada. . . But maybe Australia is developed country, technologically advanced and able to access information about people living the country - remember the Canadian citizenship test is paper and pencil. And we are also COOL in Canada a la freezing everything including application :). Lest I forget, a child born in 24 months is already singing Oh Canada.

Why can't we be like Australia? 1. Because we are bold to know and declare that processing Citizenship application "NORMALLY" for someone living in the country for 24 months (2 YEARS) is normal - while other develop countries can do that in days (UK). Australia is not bold that is why they treat the application quickly. 2. In Canada we take our time sometimes up to 4 years to vet application especially for those who are security threats to our country, so the lenghty process will give us and the applicant enough time to do our jobs (whatever that is). 4. In Canada, if processing works smoothly there won't be justification to ask for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ . . . . infact, CIC may get cut, so we have to create problem people to argue about in Ottawa; develop fancy charts about, and funny (changed from another word) flyers about not increasing citizenship fees in 20 years as saving Canadian tax payer money.

By the way Australia processing time about 1.5 year ago was 60 days, now you said its 80 days - they regressed 20 full days. That should be our focus as Almost Canadians, you need to start thinking like Canadian :). Read the minister's tweet.

Lastly, mediocrity when it comes to treating immigrants with respect and dignity - How dare you say that :(. This great country prides itself in treating immigrant with dignity and respect . . . (did I sound like anyone you know?) I will sum it up in 3 words - INEFFICIENCY and POLITICKING

People lets have fun while we wait, unless you want to scram after getting the passport. The CIC officer asked lot of questions about my travels at the interview, I told her that I travel again, I wont let the processing of Citizenship decrease my quality of life . . .

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notalawyer said:
Its not just Asutralia (where is that? spell check :), check other developed countries processing time. Now to your question, Nothing is wrong with Canada, not sure about people running the place - so no comment about Canada. . . But maybe Australia is developed country, technologically advanced and able to access information about people living the country - remember the Canadian citizenship test is paper and pencil. And we are also COOL in Canada a la freezing everything including application :). Lest I forget, a child born in 24 months is already singing Oh Canada.

Why can't we be like Australia? 1. Because we are bold to know and declare that processing Citizenship application "NORMALLY" for someone living in the country for 24 months (2 YEARS) is normal - while other develop countries can do that in days (UK). Australia is not bold that is why they treat the application quickly. 2. In Canada we take our time sometimes up to 4 years to vet application especially for those who are security threats to our country, so the lenghty process will give us and the applicant enough time to do our jobs (whatever that is). 4. In Canada, if processing works smoothly there won't be justification to ask for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ . . . . infact, CIC may get cut, so we have to create problem people to argue about in Ottawa; develop fancy charts about, and funny (changed from another word) flyers about not increasing citizenship fees in 20 years as saving Canadian tax payer money.

By the way Australia processing time about 1.5 year ago was 60 days, now you said its 80 days - they regressed 20 full days. That should be our focus as Almost Canadians, you need to start thinking like Canadian :). Read the minister's tweet.

Lastly, mediocrity when it comes to treating immigrants with respect and dignity - How dare you say that :(. This great country prides itself in treating immigrant with dignity and respect . . . (did I sound like anyone you know?) I will sum it up in 3 words - INEFFICIENCY and POLITICKING

People lets have fun while we wait, unless you want to scram after getting the passport. The CIC officer asked lot of questions about my travels at the interview, I told her that I travel again, I wont let the processing of Citizenship decrease my quality of life . . .
You said it... :)

martin0473

Jan 5, 2015
my timeline is

office: st clair
applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

just checked my ATIP report, it said that my application was granted and will be transferred to missisauga to be scheduled for oath ceremony on 2014/11.

now, I have been waiting for more than 36 months and 6 months after test has already passed. I mean how much longer do I have to wait!!!!!! this government is like in the third world. maybe even developing countries are processing paper work faster!