+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Work Permit includes Family?

elAleman

Nov 18, 2014
I am planing to move with my family to migrate to Canada. I am in the EE Pool and now i got an job offer, which is limited to 2 years. therefore i guess it is not working with the permanent residence permission. I am thinking to accept this job offer and move with a temporary work permission to Canada. I have the hope, that with an existing (temp) work permit and an postal address in Canada my job hunt for an permanent opportunity will be more successful.
Now my questions:

Is it possible, to move with my wife and my child under a temporary work permit?

Is it possible to change the job and stay with the same work permit or is a temporary work permit connected to a specific job?

If the job will be extended, can i extend the work permit easily?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
elAleman said:
I am planing to move with my family to migrate to Canada. I am in the EE Pool and now i got an job offer, which is limited to 2 years. therefore i guess it is not working with the permanent residence permission. I am thinking to accept this job offer and move with a temporary work permission to Canada. I have the hope, that with an existing (temp) work permit and an postal address in Canada my job hunt for an permanent opportunity will be more successful.
Now my questions:

Is it possible, to move with my wife and my child under a temporary work permit?

Is it possible to change the job and stay with the same work permit or is a temporary work permit connected to a specific job?

If the job will be extended, can i extend the work permit easily?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
1.- It's depends. If your job is a skill NOC B, A or 0, you can request SOWP for your wife. Your childrens could need some document but I don't know if the NOC requirements apply to they too.

2.- NO. Any change requires a new WP, and mostly a LMIA.

3.- It's depends on several questions:
- Company getting a new LMIA
- Your employment wage level
- Changes in Temporary workers program

I don't know if this job offer qualifies for EE, anyways you can try.

Even if the economy is not too good right now, I agree that being within Canada could help to get PR, specially if is a NOC B, C or 0.

If NOC B, C or 0, after 1 year you qualifies for EE-CEC, having a job with LMIA plus a permanent job offer (that could be possible to get it from your employer) allows you to get 600 points, so should be easy to get PR.

elAleman

Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for the answer,

to one: I am NOC 2172 in A Level. What is SOWP?
To the other questions, Thanks a lot!

Gregor.Samsa said:
If NOC B, C or 0, after 1 year you qualifies for EE-CEC, having a job with LMIA plus a permanent job offer (that could be possible to get it from your employer) allows you to get 600 points, so should be easy to get PR.
NOC A does not qualify?

Thanks a lot for your awnser.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
elAleman said:
Thanks for the answer,

to one: I am NOC 2172 in A Level. What is SOWP?
To the other questions, Thanks a lot!

NOC A does not qualify?

Thanks a lot for your awnser.
SOWP Spousal Open Work Permit

NOC 0, A & B qualifies, so you're good.

NOC C doesn't qualify, I made a typo...